• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep your negativity out of this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Very busy morning ... from my inbox -

Whatever thoughts and emotions arise in meditation, allow them to rise and settle, like the waves in the ocean. Whatever you find yourself thinking, let that thought rise and settle, without any constraint. Don’t grasp at it, feed it, or indulge it, don’t cling to it, and don’t try to solidify it. Neither follow thoughts nor invite them; be like the ocean looking at its own waves, or the sky gazing down on the clouds that pass across it.

You will soon find that thoughts are like the wind; they come and go. The secret is not to “think” about the thoughts but to allow them to flow through your mind, while keeping your mind free of afterthoughts.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Then! A massive idea -

Ask me anything!

Greetings one & all

Hope you're having half as much fun as I am at the moment!

Ask me any question. Whatever happens to be on your mind.

I am just enough of an egotist that I believe I can come up with an interesting and/or useful reply.

Mind you. I am a little crazy - so my answers may be surreal. I hope you can handle that!

Please feel free to ask me the most intimate and personal questions - my life is an open book - I have no secrets.

But there are limits!

Don't ask me any of the following:

Does God exist?

Why do humans suffer so much?

What is the best Beatles song ever recorded?

I must apologise but there are some questions even a super-intellect like mind cannot answer!

I can however answer the most common question people have - what is the meaning of life?

The meaning of life is whatever you believe it to be. Your beliefs create your experiences.

Now that is settled, if you do have any difficult personal problems feel free to ask for my advice. I promise I will try to be helpful and compassionate. I am not nearly messed-up enough to be a psychiatrist but I DO know a LOT about human suffering and that has made me more compassionate than your average human being.

If you would like to know more about compassion, you could do a LOT worse than visit the Zen habits site - just search google for Zen habits compassion. I highly recommend it.

Feel free to ask me deep and meaningful philosophy questions if that floats your boat.

I am not an expert on absolutely everything. Far from it! That means I may have to resort to more surreal replies to cover my ignorance on some matters. Hope that doesn't distress you too much.

So - ask away - anything you like - funny or serious - I feel up for anything you can throw at me!

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Possible zany replies -

If that is the biggest mystery in your life at the moment, you may consider yourself truly blessed

Loads of humour! - spontaneous if possible ... :)

Anyone who would ask such a question is in need of serious help. Seek professional advice. Don't wait! No time to lose!

I am working earnestly on your question ... be patient ... stay tuned to this station for all the latest news and developments.

If love is the answer, what is the question?

The true secret of life is to wish everyone well.

Plus LOADS from Twyman and memorised?

In the famous words of John Patrick McEnroe: "You CANNOT be serious!"

Quotes

When you are kind to others, you get a lovely, warm, fuzzy feeling deep inside!

Laughter is the best medicine.

Once upon a time, I was born into the psychological mysteries of life.

Pity it is only one hour?

Log off with Holbrook? Wishing you all the best!

Life is but a dream.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.

Things are not as they seem.

More Zen?

Be patient. Most souls need to be reborn hundreds of times before they can experience true love.

Life is an experiment - more from Let's get philosophical thread?

Life is just another journey through reality.

Life is a poem that just doesn't rhyme!

Life is a series of opportunities to practice unconditional compassion.

Life is change and change is life.

More out of stupid.htm??

Last edited:

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Busy morning ... from my InBox -

Ooops - can't select and paste from the email - wonder why!

Here is the first sentence:

Anyone looking honestly at life will see that we live in a constant state of suspense and ambiguity.

Google it? It is from Glimpse of the day.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Number 142 in this thread -

What's Wrong With Suffering?

I think it would be far easier to "accept" suffering if it were more evenly distributed.

Some people are transformed by their suffering while many others become bitter & twisted and even violent.

That's my two-cents worth anyway.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Okay ... here are the latest replies -

Using my psychic powers, I have come up with a few answers to questions you may not have thought to ask yet!

It may take several lifetimes for you to evolve to the point where you can laugh at your own ego. Be patient. All good things come to those who wait.

In response to the question of why a loving God would allow so much human misery & suffering:

In all seriousness, I really do wish I had an answer for you but I am completely stumped. Maybe someone else can help me out?

My opinions may have changed but not the fact that I am right.

Life is a series of opportunities for greater growth.

More from my diary? - Remind me ...

Possible zany replies -

If that is the biggest mystery in your life at the moment, you may consider yourself truly blessed

Loads of humour! - spontaneous if possible ... :)

Anyone who would ask such a question is in need of serious help. Seek professional advice. Don't wait! No time to lose!

I am working earnestly on your question ... be patient ... stay tuned to this station for all the latest news and developments.

If love is the answer, what is the question?

The true secret of life is to wish everyone well.

In the famous words of John Patrick McEnroe: "You CANNOT be serious!"

When you are kind to others, you get a lovely, warm, fuzzy feeling deep inside!

Laughter is the best medicine.

Once upon a time, I was born into the psychological mysteries of life.

Pity it is only one hour?

Life is but a dream.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice but in practice there is.

Things are not as they seem.

More Zen?

Be patient. Most souls need to be reborn hundreds of times before they can experience true love.

Life is an experiment - more from Let's get philosophical thread?

Life is just another journey through reality.

Life is a poem that just doesn't rhyme!

Life is a series of opportunities to practice unconditional compassion.

Life is change and change is life.

More out of stupid.htm??

Plus LOADS from Twyman and memorised?

More Zen?

Quotes

Log off with Holbrook? Wishing you all the best!