• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please help me with my dilema

What are your beliefs on premarrital sex?

• I believe it is wrong

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I have no problem with it as long as there is love between the two people

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • I am undecided on this issue

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

Alien_Youth

Soldier in God's army
I would like to ask everyone to pray for me. I did something that I feel so bad about on the weekend. I had premarrital sex. I had been a virgin up until then (I'm 20 years old). I really do care for the person I made love to but at the same time I feel like I failed God in not being able to offer him the gift of a pure soldier in his army of christians anymore. The other thing that is bothering me is that the person I made love to is not a christian, she follows the wiccan religion and in some ways it bothers me because it feels like I'm giving away part of myself to something that I see as being somewhat of an occult and therefore evil (I'm not passing judgement on any wiccans here it's just my own thoughts that I have been having maybe it's just because I feel bad I'm unsure on this). I would just like to ask for your prayers that I may be able to see a clear path and a cleansed heart and concience on this matter.

God Bless,

Alien Youth

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
I love premarital sex, however, I pray the gods will teach you justice and humility. :) I pray you will learn to honor your gods and their morality. I pray you will learn to be who you dream to be. :) I have faith that you will.

jonny

I'll remember you in my prayers tonight. Everyone makes mistakes. Just remember that the atonement of Christ is real and repentance is real. You will never be able to take back what has happened, but you can be forgiven if you are willing to make the changes in your life that are necessary. Good luck with your journey.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Try remembering that, as for the other person, their path shouldn't enter into it. This is between you and yourself and you and your god. While I'm not a Christian, I do celebrate their god and he's a loving and forgiving one. I will be doing my own version of prayer that your feelings are healed.

robtex

Veteran Member
Alien_Youth said:
. The other thing that is bothering me is that the person I made love to is not a christian, she follows the wiccan religion and in some ways it bothers me because it feels like I'm giving away part of myself to something that I see as being somewhat of an occult and therefore evil
Alien Youth
I can't answer your christian questions for you, but I can tell you that finding a woman of another religion is a blessing in disguise for your at the moment. Religious tolerance is the greatest gift humanity can give to itself. You obviously feel for this woman and can tell by being with her that she is not evil but just different in her belief system. I hope you explore the option of understand her religion before you assert the option of cutting yourself off from one non-christian and/or eventually all non-christians.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
FeathersinHair said:
Try remembering that, as for the other person, their path shouldn't enter into it. This is between you and yourself and you and your god. While I'm not a Christian, I do celebrate their god and he's a loving and forgiving one. I will be doing my own version of prayer that your feelings are healed.

As fluffy as you sometimes come off... you have an equal amount of depth, reason and beauty.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Any relationship between two adults doing no harm to each other or society is not high on my list of moral concerns.

I doubt if God looses much sleep over it either.

Fluffy

A fool
I will pray for you Alien_Youth but I think that if you are truly sorry and God is infinitely forgiving then if you have done anything wrong, he will not view you as a failure no matter how much you feel you have failed him.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Many young people today are taught to be frightened of the SIN of sex before marriage.
for me It barely reaches the margines of being a sin. If you have broken a vow That may well be a sin, for which you must repent.
Morals are not about sex, though sex is included in some peoples view of morals.
God is about Love. God does not frown on True expressions of love.
But be clear in your own mind what relationships mean to you, before you consumate them.
But be equally clear about all your moral values. Did you take vows about them? Why not?
Casual sex is not so much a sin, as disrespect for yourself and for your partners.
If you truly want a lasting relationship to express your love for each other, fine.
Love and respect each other and this can include sex.
Sex with out love and respect could be sinful.

If you truly love her stay faithful to her.
Sort your mind out, and my prayers go with you and your friend.

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.

Terry

Alien_Youth

Soldier in God's army
I appreciate all of your help on this very complex issue. To Terrywoodenpic I didn't take vows about the things you discussed and I do want a lasting relationship with the person and If what happened between us leads to us dating or getting married I would indeed stay faithful to her as I have felt the sting of what unfaithfullness can do to a family and it's not pretty. I do feel that if we did date I would not have sex with her again until we were at least engaged if not marrried. I talked to my pastor about it and he said God will forgive me the real question was whether I could forgive myself and after a few days of self doubt I found that if the almighty could forgive me and use the experience to help me then I could forgive myself. I went to visit her today and when we were talking I asked her if anyone had ever told her about Jesus and she said that she lost her faith in God when her friend died. I sat and told her about the love of Jesus and praise be to God she actually thanked me afterwards for listening to her problems in life and for teaching her about what God and Jesus have done for humanity. I hope that God will use this experience to convince her to once again walk with him.

God Bless,

Alien Youth

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well, all I can say Alien Youth, your ok as long as there isn't a big guy wearing a hockey mask coming after you.

On a serious side, instead of worrying about consequences, look at the fact that you and someone of a completly different religion are that close. The two of you can learn a great deal of things from eachother. As long as neither of you try to force your believes down the others throat, you can have a great relationship. Just continue with an open mind.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Alien Youth
Looks like you are back on track.
As Luke Wolf says don't push your views on to her, If it is the right path for her God will show the way.
But remember there are many paths to God, and they have all been chosed by Very good people.
so never be critical of anothers beliefs. They Like you could have been led to that path by God.
Live you own example in life, and see what God decides.

Terry

zron

Sometimes what seems like a failure on our part is really a blessing. We have to learn to see from the bigger perspective. It is only a sin if you believe it to be. I know that this isn't the christian way of looking at things, but then again I'm not a christian. If it makes you feel good and hurts noone else then do it. As to the differance in religion; this is a golden learning opportunity for both of you. I have studied both ways and they each have some good ideas.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Alien_Youth said:
I would like to ask everyone to pray for me. I did something that I feel so bad about on the weekend. I had premarrital sex. I had been a virgin up until then (I'm 20 years old). I really do care for the person I made love to but at the same time I feel like I failed God in not being able to offer him the gift of a pure soldier in his army of christians anymore. The other thing that is bothering me is that the person I made love to is not a christian, she follows the wiccan religion and in some ways it bothers me because it feels like I'm giving away part of myself to something that I see as being somewhat of an occult and therefore evil (I'm not passing judgement on any wiccans here it's just my own thoughts that I have been having maybe it's just because I feel bad I'm unsure on this). I would just like to ask for your prayers that I may be able to see a clear path and a cleansed heart and concience on this matter.

God Bless,

Alien Youth
Just the fact that you say you are in a dilema, and ask for prayers is evidence enough of your honest repentance, as a Christian.

God expects us to sin............if he did not, he would not have made us into weak humans, who are easily tempted.

I will say a prayer for you, but I think you have already 'repented' by your actions. God will judge you by what is in your heart, when the time comes, and from what I see, you have a good Christian heart..Just try to learn, if you can, to withstand temptation, if the after thought makes you feel so bad.

God bless you, Alien_Youth.;)

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
Alien Youth yes these matters always seem so complicated! I was told God forbids sex before marriage not to deny us the love of another but to protect us and our children from the unhappiness that can come from unprepared pregnancy. I've known Christians who believe the act of sex before marriage is sinful in itself and Christians who believe it is being sexually irresponsible that is sinful. Pray for God's guidance.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Scarlett Wampus said:
Alien Youth yes these matters always seem so complicated! I was told God forbids sex before marriage not to deny us the love of another but to protect us and our children from the unhappiness that can come from unprepared pregnancy. I've known Christians who believe the act of sex before marriage is sinful in itself and Christians who believe it is being sexually irresponsible that is sinful. Pray for God's guidance.
Whereas I believe that if you consider yourself in a relationship (you both love each other, but are not actually married, the love you have for each other is enough of a 'declaration of intent' to make it as good as a marriage). I know that many Christians will disagree with me, but, after all, what counts is what is in your heart; if, in your heart you look upon your relationship as a permanent bond, I think God will be happy with that - but that is my personal 'take'.

ladytex2

You must now - forgive yourself!

Take it from me (I speak from Much Experience) a longtime Self-Persecutionist. :angel2:

"Walk with God, Walk in Light - and Truth will beat a path to your heart!" by Ladytex2 aka My Father's Child.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I'm sure God isn't too mad...

And about the poll, I answered the second option: "...as long as there is love..."

But actually I think anyone can have secks with whomever they want to, as long as both parties agree to it. There doesn't need to be love. :D