• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pieces of a jig saw of....

Spiritone

Just taking scraps from here and there in all we have to search, here are a few I found interesting.
If you are Christian, what I was born into, you are supposed to believe in the OT and NT plus the teachings of the Church. I'll eliminate the latter.
In Genesis, "Let us make man in OUR image.....male and female........
"God walked in the cool of the evening...." Note how human this God was. "I am a jealous God...." "I am a God of forgiveness...."

( to be continued....)

Spiritone

Just taking scraps from here and there in all we have to search, here are a few I found interesting.
If you are Christian, what I was born into, you are supposed to believe in the OT and NT plus the teachings of the Church. I'll eliminate the latter.
"God walked in the cool of the evening...." Note how human this God was. "I am a jealous God...." "I am a God of forgiveness...."

( to be continued....)

Later in Genesis: (An interesting sentence.)

The Nephelim were in the Earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them.

Four types:
1. The Nephlim. 2. the sons of God. 3. The daughters of men. 4. Their children who would be half Gods and half men.
All of these were very human-like.

Later: God spoke to Noah/Abraham/Mose/etc. From where. During the flood where were the Gods/God? Not on the Earth it seems.

But at one point Moses had to climb up a mountain to speak with God who arrived with thunderous noise and dust, physically on the ground.
Apparently not the One Creator that can not be known. Not mere human.
Then what?

Fast forward to Ezekial: Outer space vehicle with figure sitting at controls and a figure with wings over arms. Vehicle was very much mechanical with whirring wheels and fire etc. They spoke to Ezekial telling him what to say to the others. (Not entirely human and not a Spiritual God.) Then what?

Please comment.

Spiritone

I'm not quite sure what you're after. Do you want an opinion on whether God is a human?

I'm listing parts of the Bible that I am curious about and leaving it open to anyone to comment on. I'm not after anything or trying to prove anything. Just like to discuss those things.

Gabethewiking

I'm listing parts of the Bible that I am curious about and leaving it open to anyone to comment on. I'm not after anything or trying to prove anything. Just like to discuss those things.

The Bible is just a modified version of previous Religious text (jewish Torah closest but other primitive religions as well) made by primitive men wanting to control and/or create a societal bond with a "us" and "them" to strengthen the Union of the Tribe.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Just wondering - why is this in the Evolution vs Creationism debate section?

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member

( to be continued....)
Not being God we, as humans, have no way to relate to Godness except in human terms. It is assumed that God is given, or speaks of Himself in anthropomorphic characteristics in order to facilitate our own understanding of Him.

Spiritone

Just wondering - why is this in the Evolution vs Creationism debate section?

Did I not start off talking about Creationism and the suggestion that SOME of the creationism mentioned in the Bible are far from being by a One Infinite Spirit/God?

FORKIE,
God a human? No, although a common belief is that we and everything in existence is part of the Creator, us being co-creators.

Gabethewiking,
Yes, I agree with that. I'm referring to the specific descriptions of things that are a recorded part of history of that time.

sandy whitelinger,
My personal belief is that it is a mistake to anthropomorphise the Creator.
Other entities mentioned as "creators" can easily be.

Spiritone

It appears that the entities 'from off planet' were the Gods of The Garden of Eden which may have been in Atlantis. Ezekiel's meeting in the desert was with entities with greater power than humans of that period. Same with the 'tribes' encountered by Aaron when sent by Moses to check them out. Some were called Giants and by other names indicating their difference to the 'regular' people of that time.

I'm surprised that people are not interested in these things that are plainly stated in the OT that has been studied and analyzed and discussed for centuries.

OK, so much for Creationism. Is it not most likely that Evolution is part of Creation. If it was not created how could it have the functioning that it has?

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Are you saying the Abrahamic God made His people to have the traits of jealousy and forgiveness? I could accept that for a creator. Even people tend to put traits that they know in their own creations.

Spiritone

Are you saying the Abrahamic God made His people to have the traits of jealousy and forgiveness? I could accept that for a creator. Even people tend to put traits that they know in their own creations.

I was showing apparent contradictions in the OT that never seem to be mentioned by Judaic Christianity. Contradictions regarding the Creator or God.
In short, it is saying that there is the One Infinite Creator of all, but also those mentioned in Genesis as Gods--male and female with human traits. Humans would have those traits because they were made in the image of those Gods.
As is believed in those traditions God is Spirit and virtually unknowable and can not be seen. The other Gods 'walk and talk' and were/are human-like with greater powers than their human creations.
Those things have been avoided by Christianity or not understood and so ignored.
For those who take the Bible literally how can that be explained? Of course, if questioned they would came up with ways to fit them into their dogma.
And that's fine if people just live by faith and see a big picture, but for people like me I like to discuss those things with like minded people. :)

Spiritone

I could swear I added one more post that said, "Evolution has to be a part of Creationism,"
just as Religion and Science will have to eventually mesh together to find a reality that encompasses all things.