• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Photo of Christ Coming in the Clouds

SoyLeche

meh...
Out of all the photos I've seen so far this matches ours exactly, just the coloring is a little less red...

Christ-in-Clouds.jpg
That should tell you something (they are all copies of the same picture with different stories attached).

I'm still betting that your wife misheard/misunderstood the story she was told.

FFH

Veteran Member
That should tell you something (they are all copies of the same picture with different stories attached).

Not necessarily, if you take the same original negative and have it developed at two different locations they will turn out differently, according to how that particular machine is set.

The colors will vary from each machine and it also depends on how the person operating the machine sets the colors...

Our photo is less red than the one I just posted..

FFH

Veteran Member
Ah, so you agree that that picture was freakin scary and therefore could not possibly have been Christ. Glad we're on the same page now. :)
Just saying that the picture looked so close to the Shroud of Turin images burned into the burial cloth of Christ...the best image I've seen of this is represented in my avatar...not exactly the Chirst we picture in our minds, who walked the earth 2,000 years ago, but again, that image would have been after his crucifixion of course, not exactly a good day for a photo...but you can see his basic bone structure and it's nothing to be desired, ("There is no beauty that we should desire him") and, yes, maybe even a bit hard to look at. ("We hid as it were our faces from him") turns out Isaiah's prophecy includes our generation as well, because we can see his image as it appeared 2,000 years ago, even today, with the miracle of computer technology, at the level it's at today....

Whether it's an actual picture of Christ, "a miracle of his image in a window," is unknown of course...

FFH

Veteran Member
Okay, again, fast forward to 44 seconds on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHjNlSfMa6I&mode=related&search= freeze frame/pause it and then put it next to this Shroud of Turin image, which I is Christ's image of him 2,000 years ago, at the time of his resurrection, which was burned into this burial cloth of Christ, which is now known as the Shroud of Turin.

These pictiurs on this thread have nothing to do with trust, faith, etc. they are as common knowledge to me. Can't explain how I know other than it's the same knowledge given to me when I think of the plates the Book of Mormon was written from. I know they exist, without ever having to actually see them.

I have also thoroughly researched the authenticity of the shroud and the carbon date that was pulled of this was from a part of the shroud that had been sewn on hundreds of years later, so of course the date of the shroud will be false. On the surface we are told it is a fake, but upon deeper research it has been proven to be the burial cloth of Christ, even to the point in which they can count all 39 different stripes/marks on his body, from his flogging.

Here's the link again: Christ's face miraculously appearing on a window (fast forward to second 44)

Compare to this image of Christ on the Shroud of Turin

Image of Christ on the Shroud of Turin
050127_pin_shroud.jpg
geuu_01_img0155.jpg

shroud.jpg

Aqualung

Tasty
Just saying that the picture looked so close to the Shroud of Turin images burned into the burial cloth of Christ...the best image I've seen of this is represented in my avatar...not exactly the Chirst we picture in our minds, who walked the earth 2,000 years ago, but again, that image would have been after his crucifixion of course, not exactly a good day for a photo...
After his crucifixtion he descended, spiritually, to the spirit world. Then, he was resurrected with a perfected, glorified body. After all, the purpose of the resurrection is to reunite the spirit with a glorified physical body, one so glorified that not even a hair on the head will be lost. So, any picture of Christ post-crucifixtion is either of his (iherently) perfected physical nature or of his glorified physical self. So, again, I can see why people would say that he wasn't going to be exactly the poster child for GQ when he was in mortal existence (Christ wasn't the Messiah people were looking for, coming in all power and glory and whatnot), but post crucifixtion he would not be a the poster child for the new Resident Evil movie.

FFH

Veteran Member
Jesus in the Window (second 44)

Ah, so you agree that that picture was freakin scary
I wouldn't say scary, but it did make me look away when I first saw the image...

Would it not be frightening to look at the face of Christ for the first time, knowing he is pure and we are not? I think this is why his image is frightening to us when we actually see it as it appeared 2,000 years ago. Will it also not be a scary thing to stand before Christ after our lives have taken their course and we have not lived the way we should?

I think the image is very real and I just received a burning in my heart as I just typed that...:)... which is, of course, a way we can know the truth of all things.

therefore could not possibly have been Christ.
A feeling of fright does not confirm truth...:) Look at the image again and try not to look away....notice the eyes...one is looking forward and the other is looking slightly off to the side, so he obviously had some defects. "He was without form (had some defects) or comeliness" ~Isaiah 53~

Glad we're on the same page now. :)
Yeah, it probably frightened us both at first, just take a look at the image again, and place it next to the Shroud of Turin image...they are remarkably similar.

Still looking for a still image of this on the net so I can find out the history behind this image of Chirst in a window entitled "Jesus in the Window".

FFH

Veteran Member
After his crucifixtion he descended, spiritually, to the spirit world. Then, he was resurrected with a perfected, glorified body. After all, the purpose of the resurrection is to reunite the spirit with a glorified physical body, one so glorified that not even a hair on the head will be lost. So, any picture of Christ post-crucifixtion is either of his (iherently) perfected physical nature or of his glorified physical self. So, again, I can see why people would say that he wasn't going to be exactly the poster child for GQ when he was in mortal existence (Christ wasn't the Messiah people were looking for, coming in all power and glory and whatnot), but post crucifixtion he would not be a the poster child for the new Resident Evil movie.
Good points, but not what was intended by Christ when the image of his battered and beaten body was imprinted, at the time of his resurrection, into the shroud, so we would have a record, which would confirm all he had suffered/endured physically, at least the physical marks show that part of his suffering, such as the 39 stripes on his body, which were for the basic 39 diseases. "By his stripes we are healed" ~Isaiah 53~

The shroud has 39 very visible stripes. The marks of the flogging are all visible on the shroud, with the three spiked small lead balls on each piece of leather, there being three on the whip. So he was actually whipped 13 times, there being three seperate pieces of leather with three amall spiked lead balls spaced apart on each piece of leather. This is all documented on the shroud, including the wound in his side, marks in the palms of his hands and on his feet, wound on his cheek, possibly when he was smitten/hit in the face during his trial, and on his knee, when he fell carrying the cross, and also the thorn marks on his head..

FFH

Veteran Member
Isaiah 53: 2

he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

comley

1) pleasing in appearance, attractive, fair: a comely face
2} proper, seemly becoming: comely behavior

FFH

Veteran Member

I am definitely going to call up sister Williamson and see what story she gives me, if I can only pry that number out of my wife's hands...:)

I don't know if you misunderstood me but the photo we have is less red (if that makes any difference) than the one I've just recently posted. You may have thought I meant the other way around.

So explain to me how my wife came to possess a picture of this on photo paper ??? I first saw it in the mid 90's, so it was before digital photo developing, so it had to come from an original negative, which she claims sister Williamson owns. Even if she doesn't own the negative, it still had to have come from an original negative and would be an original photo, not a copy...

The photo we have is not a copy, but is from a negative. If it was copied from a photo it would have Christ coming from the right side, like I tried to explain earlier, because a negative would first have to be made in order to copy the photo onto photo paper, which would reverse the image..

Again refer back to the other images and notice all the other images of Christ are coming from the right side, not the left like ours, and the one from Illinois.

See this page: Jesus in the Clouds

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
The relief society president who took this picture said she took it at night from the window of a commercial jet. Also commercial planes cruise well above the cloud line, so there were no clouds or light, just a dark skyline.
It's not a matter of the circumstances under which the picture was taken. The picture obviously exists. We, the viewers, are the ones who put the 'Christ' in the picture, who recognize a pattern in the image presented.

Aqualung

Tasty
I wouldn't say scary, but it did make me look away when I first saw the image...

Would it not be frightening to look at the face of Christ for the first time, knowing he is pure and we are not?
Yes, but not because of his visage. It would be scary for other reasons.

I think this is why his image is frightening to us when we actually see it as it appeared 2,000 years ago.
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Will it also not be a scary thing to stand before Christ after our lives have taken their course and we have not lived the way we should?
Yes, but not because of his visage.

A feeling of fright does not confirm truth...:) Look at the image again and try not to look away....notice the eyes...one is looking forward and the other is looking slightly off to the side, so he obviously had some defects. "He was without form (had some defects) or comeliness" ~Isaiah 53~
But Christ has been resurrected. Resurrection is the union of the soul with a PERFECTED, GLORIFIED physical body. How can a PERFECTED, GLORIFIED physical body also have defects.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
When i looked at the picture i saw a funny shaped cloud. Its like that stariway to heaven thing, about the satanic message if its played backwards. If you listen to it backwards not knowing what it said then you don't hear any words, but once you are told what it is apparantly saying you kind of recongnise it. It is the same with that cloud, if you just showed it to someone they would think it looked vaguely human shaped, if you tell them it is Christ there imganation fills in the blanks and see Christ.

FFH

Veteran Member
But Christ has been resurrected. Resurrection is the union of the soul with a PERFECTED, GLORIFIED physical body. How can a PERFECTED, GLORIFIED physical body also have defects.
The image entitled "Jesus on a Window" is a modern day miracle. There are other miraculous images that have begun to appear on other windows and no one has been able to remove them.

This one is hard to see but here's another example of this..

Click here: Rio Grande Valley, Texas True Value hardware store window with image of Christ with a crown of thorns

As strange as this seems it's beginning to happen, just as the Mary images did over ten years ago. I have seen a Mary image miracle, with the tears flowing and all. They are real miracles and i have witnessed one first hand here in Salt Lake. It's still there even after ten years and people still visit the image of Mary that cries real human tears. It's just something you would have to see and experience.

So here's the deal. If this is really the image of Christ, which I beleive it is, then we are literally staring at Christ, but as he appeared 2,000 years ago, and he was every bit as pure and holy then, as he is now, but I think Christ wants us to see what he actually looked like then. He was nothing to be desired, not what we picture the Christ of 2,000 years to look like. I think what is frightening about the image at first is that it's real, not just a painting or a computer image, it's real and it has power to move people to take a second look or to look away and never look at the image again, because of fear within ourselves of Chirst and his holiness, which cuts us to the core... The uneasy feelings are due to the visage of Chirst plus the spiritual purity of Christ puts a little fear in our hearts, because "our righteousness is as filthy rags" compared to Christ and our Heavenly Father..

Theoretically it would be just as hard to look at Chirst in the eyes as he appeared 2,000 years ago, he being holy and pure, as it will be when we see him in his glorified state...

It's as if we were staring at Christ himself, as he was then, but in the present...

Resurrected beings appear to men on earth, as they appeared on earth, so they will be recognized for who they are/were, although their perfect resurrected bodies are much much more beautiful, but we would not recognize them if they appered in their perfect immortal state...

I think Christ wants us to see how he appeared then, before we see him in his glorified perfect immortal state.. We need to realize Christ became a mortal man in every respect, subject to all that any man could be subject to or have to endure...like being made fun of/despised/rejected by the majority of the population, for whatever reasons..... He "descended below all things".... He needed to be relatable to the average person..."through his poverty we are made rich"...

FFH

Veteran Member
It is the same with that cloud, if you just showed it to someone they would think it looked vaguely human shaped, if you tell them it is Christ there imganation fills in the blanks and see Christ.
Yeah, I showed the photo to one person and they saw Christ coming in the clouds, then to another and they just saw clouds...they were sisters...

FFH

Veteran Member
face.jpg

This is either a miraculous image of Christ's face, or an artist's conception, based on the image that was burned into his burial cloth (Shroud of Turin) at the time of his resurrection. I need to do more research on this image.

I believe this is a miraculous image of what Christ looked like while on this mortal earth.

You may be staring at the actual face of God as he appeared during his ministry.
Jesus_Christ.jpg

Possibly a true image of what Christ might have looked like while on earth
Jesus%20Christ%20%282%29.jpg

LDS artist's rendering of Christ
jesus-face-painting-265x358.jpg

LDS artist's rendering of Christ
Jesus%20Christ%20Teacher%20and%20Savior.jpg

LDS artist's rendering of Christ's second coming
resurrected.JPG

Advance 2 minutes and 2 seconds and you'll be staring at the face of Christ.
Good video (very sobering) and a good remake of Tears for Fear's "Mad World"

Medjugorje Message #1

Starfish

Please no sarcasm
Several years ago I heard a talk given by the artist who painted the well-know picture of Christ wearing the red robe. He told about taking many different sketches to the First Presidency for approval. Many times he would get suggestions like--the eyes need to be a little farther apart, or the nose should be a little narrower, and so on.
It really made me wonder about the relationship between them and the Savior. They, or the Prophet, must have known him quite well.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Several years ago I heard a talk given by the artist who painted the well-know picture of Christ wearing the red robe. He told about taking many different sketches to the First Presidency for approval. Many times he would get suggestions like--the eyes need to be a little farther apart, or the nose should be a little narrower, and so on.
It really made me wonder about the relationship between them and the Savior. They, or the Prophet, must have known him quite well.

Try Mormon Urban Legend

Painting shows true appearance of the Savior
popular internet message tells of LDS artist Del Parson who was commissioned by the Church to do a painting of the Savior. He submitted several drafts of the portrait to the General Authorities who returned it with suggestions on how to make it more "accurate." Finally, the picture was accepted as the closest possible approximation to the Savior's actual appearance. (The final picture is the familiar "red robe" portrait that has been used in many Church magazines, manuals, etc.) Some dramatic additions to the story tell of a girl who recognized in the portrait the man who had held her and protected her after her parents were killed in a car accident, or who comforted her when she was locked in a closet by abusive parents.

According to Bro. Parson, the painting was indeed commissioned by the Church, but he worked with the curriculum department to create a painting suitable for their needs. There were several revisions in the process to develop a picture suitable for their needs; there was never an indication that the revisions were to make the portrait "more accurate." And there is no record of such a dramatic "recognition" by a little girl.

If it sounds too good to be true, or is commonly passed around, it just might be a Mormon Urban Legend.