• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Photo of Christ Coming in the Clouds

FFH

Veteran Member
I have recently been thinking of posting a photo that a former Springfield Mass. LDS releif society president shot out of a window of a commercial flight at night, but don't have a scanner and really didn't want to spend the money on one just to post this photo she had given my wife in the early 80's after she had converted from Catholicism to LDS.

I had also felt uneasy about scanning and posting this photo, then a series of links unintentionaly and miraculously led me to this site and I felt I needed to share this.

I thought it might be too sacred to share, but I see that it should be shown so that people will know that Christ is real and that he is coming soon.

I was shocked when I was watching a U-tube video and saw this relief society''s picture on this video montage of still miraculous pictures and it was entitled "Jesus in the Clouds". Here is the link...

Fast forward to 1 minute and 30 seconds and you will see the photo that this LDS relief society president took.

Picture of Christ in the Clouds taken by a former relief society president in my wife's former ward on this U-tube video (fast forward to 1 minute and 30 seconds

Also go to second 44 and I believe this is an accurate picture of how Christ appeared while on earth, based on Shroud of Turin images I've seen of Christ's face.

I then googled this title "Jesus in the Clouds" which led me to this site: http://www.eakles.com/jesus1.htm which had the exact photo and coloring of a zoomed shot she took from the window of a commercial jet at night and gave a copy to my wife, which we still have.

Still very surprised to see it on the net...

The relief society president who gave my wife this photo, was also responsible for introducing my wife to the missionaries and practically held her hand until she converted. She was well respected and has had many church callings and served a service mission with her husband as caretakers and tour guides to many church historical sites in the east. I have forgotten her name and where she served but will ask my wife later today...

I think I'll scan the photo at Walmart and have it put on a CD and then post it later to show how this photo matches up exactly with the photo that was given to my wife from this relief society president.

This site says "There have been many different reports on the origin of this photo".

This is the photo we were given
christflame.jpg
133-3.gif

jesus3.jpg
second_coming.jpg

Taken from this page: http://www.eakles.com/jesus1.htm

Another photo: http://www.eakles.com/jesus2.html

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
He has been seen in the cross sections of various vegetables and fruit as well.

It is no more real than the seeing of images in a blot test.

SoyLeche

meh...
It's a cool picture. The human eye is exceptionally good at finding patterns and our brains are very good at putting a context to those patterns - so while it is a cool picture, that's all it I think it is.

Dream Angel

They are lovely pictures - the only thing which makes me skeptical is how he has so many of them (I know that sounds strange - you would think it would be the other way around! :) ) That said, they can still be used to show the existance of God through the beauty of the earth that he created!

The one of the catholic store is just the imagination - a wonderful mind we have! We were driving home the other day and there were quite a few clouds, but the sun was still managing to break through - just as it was in that picture - and my brother turned round and said "Sis, look! God is shining down on us!" which I thought was very cute!

Dream Angel

The one thing I would say though, is not matter how long I look at those pictures I cant stop seeing Jesus! Maybe that says something - normally if you look at something long enough you see it for what it really is!

FFH

Veteran Member
It's a cool picture. The human eye is exceptionally good at finding patterns and our brains are very good at putting a context to those patterns - so while it is a cool picture, that's all it I think it is.
The relief society president who took this picture said she took it at night from the window of a commercial jet. Also commercial planes cruise well above the cloud line, so there were no clouds or light, just a dark skyline.

Bishka

Veteran Member
The relief society president who took this picture said she took it at night from the window of a commercial jet. Also commercial planes cruise well above the cloud line, so there were no clouds or light, just a dark skyline.

Again, all it is, is a picture. The human mind can make miraculous things out of simple, everday objects. Perhaps she was tired from the day and had just seen that picture recently, who knows. All it was, was a picture. BTW, Mormon Myths are a bit overrated and we as a community should stop promoting them.

Note: Besides, that does not even look like it was taken from a plane. It honestly looks like a hoax to me.

SoyLeche

meh...
Well, obviously we have no way of verifying her story. Could have been dusk. Sunset. And it appears that the cloud is below the camera anyway - so I would expect that the plane was above the cloud. (The cloud in question is most likely "parallel" to the ground, not "perpendicular")

FFH

Veteran Member
Again, all it is, is a picture. The human mind can make miraculous things out of simple, everday objects. Perhaps she was tired from the day and had just seen that picture recently, who knows. All it was, was a picture. BTW, Mormon Myths are a bit overrated and we as a community should stop promoting them.

Note: Besides, that does not even look like it was taken from a plane. It honestly looks like a hoax to me.
Commercial planes travel at around 450 miles and it would probably be hard to get a clean shot of anything that close and there was nothing but darkness when this appeared and she took it...

Just a photo of what she saw in the darkness at cruising altitute, which was probably 20,000 feet, well above the cloud line.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Commercial planes travel at around 450 miles and it would be hard to get a clean shot of anything, but there was nothing but darkness when this appeared and she took it...so whether she was tired or not had no bearing on how the picture turned out.

Like I said, Mormon Myths shouldn't be passed around.

SoyLeche

meh...
Commercial planes travel at around 450 miles and it would be hard to get a clean shot of anything, but there was nothing but darkness when this appeared and she took it...so whether she was tired or not had no bearing on how the picture turned out.

Just a photo of what she saw in the darkness at cruising altitute, which was probably 20,000 feet, well above the cloud line and traveling too fast to get a clean clear picture of anything that close...
The satelites that provide Google Earth's pictures are traveling a whole lot faster than that. Getting a clean shot of something that is far away from you at that speed isn't all that hard (the difference in perspective is a small fraction of a degree).

I'm more concerned about getting a clear picture through those airplane windows.

Dream Angel

Commercial planes travel at around 450 miles and it would probably be hard to get a clean shot of anything that close and there was nothing but darkness when this appeared and she took it...

Just a photo of what she saw in the darkness at cruising altitute, which was probably 20,000 feet, well above the cloud line.

Your far too trusting FFH! :) The thing is that she may be not telling the truth about even being in a plane. Are you even allowed cameras on a plane?

SoyLeche

meh...
Your far too trusting FFH! :) The thing is that she may be not telling the truth about even being in a plane. Are you even allowed cameras on a plane?
Yes - you are.

I don't know if I would jump to the "she's lying" argument. I would bet that the story has been filtered through a few people though.

FFH

Veteran Member
I'm more concerned about getting a clear picture through those airplane windows.
Well, I could call this relief society president who took this picture and point blank ask her if she's telling the truth or lying.

I would almost do it at this point.

Just showed this picture to my wife and she agrees it's the same picture that we have that was given to her by this woman. Her name is Ellie Williamson.

I asked my wife if she would lie about something like this and if I could call her up and find out more of the details surrounding this photo, but she won't give me her number..

She said she would not lie about something like this.

I would like to call her up but my wife would rather I not I guess...

SoyLeche

meh...
Well, I could call ths relief society president who took this picture and point blank ask her if she's telling the truth or lying.

I would almost do it at this point.

Just showed this picture to my wife and she agrees it's the same picture that we have that was given to her by this woman. Her name is Ellie Williamson.

I asked my wife if she would lie about something like this and if I could call her up and find out more of the details surrounding this photo, but she won't give me her number..

She said she would not lie about something like this.

I would like to call her up but my wife would rather I not I guess...
I've never called her a liar.

I wouldn't put it outside the realms of possibility that your wife misheard/misunderstoood what she said though. That's a very easy thing to do.

FFH

Veteran Member
My wife said she was given this picture in the early to mid 80's shortly after it had been taken...

Bishka

Veteran Member
misheard/misunderstoood what she said though. That's a very easy thing to do.

I do agree with that thought. People in the church tend to share some of their more sacred experiences and it gets filtered through too many people and it really ends up becoem lore or something amazing when all it mean to the person in question was something sacred.

FFH

Veteran Member
I've never called her a liar.

I wouldn't put it outside the realms of possibility that your wife misheard/misunderstoood what she said though. That's a very easy thing to do.
Well I wouldn't blame anyone if they thought she had lied. The thought crossed my mind too as did the thought that my wife may have misunderstood what she had told her about the picture.

I asked my wife just now if she may have misunderstood the origins of the picture and she said definitely not. Ellie Williamson took the picture from a commercial plane window herself.

She also said that Ellie Williamson went on to be stake relief society president in Springfield, Mass. and then went on to be the secretary of the Washington D.C. temple. My wife doesn't know what she's doing now..

SoyLeche

meh...
Well I wouldn't blame anyone if they thought she had lied. The thought crossed my mind too as did the thought that my wife may have misunderstood what she had told her about the picture.

I asked my wife just now if she may have misunderstood the origins of the picture and she said definitely not. Ellie Williamson took the picture from a commercial plane window herself.

She also said that Ellie Williamson went on to be stake relief society president in Springfield, Mass. and then went on to be the secretary of the Washington D.C. temple. My wife doesn't know what she's doing now..
You have proven that your wife remembers that she heard something. You have not proven that she actually did.

I don't doubt for a second that the RS president is a good person. Other than that, her resume is irrelevant.