• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phily Boy Beaten To Death By Bullies At School

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
There is bullying in the role models. Dad bullies Mom. Teachers bully kids or other teachers. Parents bully teachers. Principals bully teachers. Bosses bully employees. Coaches bully athletes. Doctors bully nurses. The list goes on. You become what you see, so we need to change what they see.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
There are thousands of reasone to be targeted, racism could be one. What are the demographics of Darby? If it happen in Northeast, you tbink itd be more likely racism?
All I'm saying that given the demographics of Philadelphia, it's possible he was targeted for his race. It certainly would have been a consideration if a 12 year old black student was beaten up by a bunch of white kids, and in fact, it would be called far more than "bullying".

In fact, Asian-Americans in Philadelphia have been subject to racially motivated attacks, already, so if Whites are also a relative minority, it's not impossible for the same to happen to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXI0_TypHmI

South Philadelphia High School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Musty

Bullied Boy Dies in Hospital: Family | NBC 10 Philadelphia

What fascinates me is that the 2 killers were suspended for 2 days for murder. This was exactly the same punishment imposed upon
the kid who had a Pop Tart which a teacher said was shaped like a gun. Even though these things happened in different jurisdictions,
it fits a larger pattern of inadequate attention given to real violence & carnage compared to over-reaction to insignificant offenses.
Security theatrics drains resources which could be better used elsewhere.

The saying that children get away with murder is not far from the truth. Children routinely behave in ways that if an adult did the same they could expect to lose their job and even go to jail.

Children just seem to be largely left to their own devices.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
While reading that I assumed that there were two different fights :shrug:

All that I've read thus far, is that the kid was involved in a fight and suffered a concussion and broken nose.

He was treated for seizures about two weeks later and the situation is under investigation. There has to be evidence that the seizures were directly linked to the fight before the bullies can be pursued.

All that I've read thus far, is that the kid was involved in a fight and suffered a concussion and broken nose.

He was treated for seizures about two weeks later and the situation is under investigation. There has to be evidence that the seizures were directly linked to the fight before the bullies can be pursued.

That's true, but when I was going to high school if you got into a fight, even if you didn't seriously injure the other person, it was an automatic one-week suspension, more depending on the circumstances. Then again my school was pretty sensitive about certain things.

I remember a couple of kids getting suspended for three days because they were throwing dodgeballs at the fat guy during a dodgeball game IN GYM CLASS, merely on the grounds that the person who got hit was "made to feel bad".

Two days for causing serious injuries is not sending the right message to the kids who do these kinds of thing.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
That's true, but when I was going to high school if you got into a fight, even if you didn't seriously injure the other person, it was an automatic one-week suspension, more depending on the circumstances. Then again my school was pretty sensitive about certain things.

I remember a couple of kids getting suspended for three days because they were throwing dodgeballs at the fat guy during a dodgeball game IN GYM CLASS, merely on the grounds that the person who got hit was "made to feel bad".

Two days for causing serious injuries is not sending the right message to the kids who do these kinds of thing.

I don't disagree with you. And I would think that while under investigation, these kids would be kept out of school for their protection as well.