• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pets in heaven

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I also believe all living beings go somewhere although I have no idea where that is!

Y'know, it could be nothing more than returning to the quantum realm or the fabric of the universe. We are, after all, atoms and molecules and electrochemical energy that takes different forms. Look into the works of Roger Penrose and Stuart Hameroff. Their work has to do with the nature of consciousness, where it comes from and where it goes. It's part of what makes me believe what I do about the nature of reality.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
They told me that as a child. That's what began my departure from Catholicism.
That's sad. :( One can certainly hold that animals have spirits that go on and be Catholic. It's not really a settled issue and there's many Catholics who believe animals go to the afterlife, especially those who revere St. Francis, who preached the Gospel to animals and called them his brothers and sisters (including the Sun and Moon). I always believed animals have a soul or spirit or whatever you want to call it that goes on. I think the Bible also supports this in some ways, imo, as animals are depicted as being part of the World to Come in prophetic writings. Not to mention they were here with us in the first place, in the Garden.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Religious radio was just talking about animals not going to heaven. Haha. What a ridiculous thing to talk about. You going to tell your child that? Of course everything goes to heaven, even the dust!

For me, the key thing around communicating with your child on this isn't whether you think that dogs go to heaven or not, but that you are open and honest with your kids, and give them room to explore and make their own choices.

So many adults who loved my kids wanted to tell them our beloved dog had gone to 'the farm' or 'the country' or some other bunk.

That's way more harmful in terms of being able to deal with death than any consistent and honestly held belief.

Bird123

Religious radio was just talking about animals not going to heaven. Haha. What a ridiculous thing to talk about. You going to tell your child that? Of course everything goes to heaven, even the dust!

A Dusty Heaven???? Come now, there is no need for dust in Heaven.

Animals are Children of God just as we are. We just have more capabilities since we have been on the journey longer. In time, all Children of God make it to Heaven.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
For me, the key thing around communicating with your child on this isn't whether you think that dogs go to heaven or not, but that you are open and honest with your kids, and give them room to explore and make their own choices.

So many adults who loved my kids wanted to tell them our beloved dog had gone to 'the farm' or 'the country' or some other bunk.

That's way more harmful in terms of being able to deal with death than any consistent and honestly held belief.

We had a well meaning neighbor who told my oldest son(when he was about 8) that his cat that had been struck by a car had gone with Jesus.

This sent him into a panic. "Who the heck is this Jesus guy, and why does he have my dead cat?"

Truth in love

For those who believe the Bible I think it is clear.

Rev 4:
8And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
9And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
For those who believe the Bible I think it is clear.

Rev 4:
8And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
9And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
This isn't clear to me, can you explain it a little more in the context of whether or not pets go to heaven? Thank you,

Truth in love

This isn't clear to me, can you explain it a little more in the context of whether or not pets go to heaven? Thank you,

Sure, John have a seeing heaven with pets. Gods pets hanging out.

There is not a ton of detail, but it looks pretty clear.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Would seem strange to have pets in some afterlife but not all the rest of the animal world - and where all the predators (like cats) ceased being such of course - harmony and love prevailing. Difficult to actually believe for some perhaps. :oops:

muhammad_isa

Would seem strange to have pets in some afterlife but not all the rest of the animal world - and where all the predators (like cats) ceased being such of course - harmony and love prevailing. Difficult to actually believe for some perhaps. :oops:
It might be difficult to visualise, but I don't see that people won't eat meat in an afterlife. :)

It is difficult to visualise, because this life is all we know .. all we relate to.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't think there will only be pets in the afterlife. I think all animals will be there, if there are any animals at all.
I mean how just would that be for God to exclude all the other animals who were not pets?
Think about how animals suffer in the wild. I believe they deserve a recompense in the afterlife.

I do not believe, like some other religious believers, that animals are only here for humans to enjoy and use for their benefit while they are alive. I believe that animals exist in their own right. This idea that only pets will go to heaven because humans need them to be there is so egocentric. :rolleyes: