• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peter Jackson to do the Hobbit!!!!!!

Bishka

Veteran Member
Peter Jackson has proven himself as the filmmaker who can bring the extraordinary imagination of Tolkien to life and we full heartedly agree with the fans worldwide who know he should be making 'The Hobbit,'" said Sloan, MGM's Chairman and CEO. "Now that we are all in agreement on 'The Hobbit,' we can focus on assembling the production team that will capture this phenomenal tale on film."

Link here

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Oh, I think I just swooned a little bit. This is awesome!! :clap2:

Thanks, Becky! :hug:

Peace,
Mystic

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i'm torn on this.... while he would certainly do a good job, he needs to be very careful he doesn't just do it like he did LOTR. two very different books with very different tones and sensibilities, and he runs the risk of ruining the Hobbit if he makes it too epic.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
i'm torn on this.... while he would certainly do a good job, he needs to be very careful he doesn't just do it like he did LOTR. two very different books with very different tones and sensibilities, and he runs the risk of ruining the Hobbit if he makes it too epic.
I think you're absolutely right. I'm sure he'll be made aware of that though

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That is one thing I have never thought about. But, I have confidence he can make it great.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
so.... it's okay so long as he doesn't make a hobbit of it.