• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Persepolis

Nanda

Polyanna
Has anyone seen, or intend to see the movie Persepolis? I'm kidnapping Papersock this weekend and going to see it at the local arthouse. It's based off of the poignant graphic novel/biography by Iranian born Marjane Satrapi, and it's been nominated for an academy award for Best Animated Feature Film (though why not best foreign film, I couldn't say). You can check out the trailer here:

YouTube - Persepolis Trailer (HD)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is it about the ancient Persian capital?

I like historical movies/novels.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I have to go to UPSTATE FILMS in Rhinebeck, NY to see this. UPSTATE FILMS is a non-profit theater that caters to indy films and filmakers. That's okay, becasue I can stop at one of my favorite Japanese restaurants before the film and grab a cup of coffee and a brownie at the theater (coffee in a theater-tee-hee).

cardero

Citizen Mod
doppelgänger;1065565 said:
That's one thing I miss about Seattle (and the indy theatres, as well).
I went to UPSTATE FILMS once before to see The Notorious Betty Page because it was close and most theaters around my area didn't feature the film (unless I was willing to go to New York City) and I realized that UPSTATE FILMS could easily become a second home to me. I did a little research on Persepolis and there doesn't seem to be any reason that it shouldn't be shown in most multi-plex theaters.

Nanda

Polyanna
Ok, I saw Persepolis today, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I cried through the whole thing, but that usually means I like whatever it is I'm watching, so it was all good. ;)

cardero

Citizen Mod
Ok, I saw Persepolis today, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I cried through the whole thing, but that usually means I like whatever it is I'm watching, so it was all good. ;)
If the opportunity presents itself I may go see it Feb 21st but I am going to first track the trade paperback at the library and I will remember to bring tissues for mrscardero who by the way is hooking me up with Juno.