• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People who dont share your Faith

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
This is not at all surprising really because not all who identify as Christians, really

That's just a lot of diverting focus and proselytizing, and doesn't answer my question:

What are these "false religions" that are guilty of slaughtering millions of innocents?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Call me stupid (seriously), but I dont understand what you are asking. Can you (or others) rephrase the question?

Thanks

Call me stupid (seriously), but I dont understand what you are asking. Can you (or others) rephrase the question?

Thanks
You know, like a Christian or Muslim believing people of other faiths are damned.

A lot of people will say I'm going to Hell because "Catholics are Idolaters" etc.

just trying to find people's opinions on what is or is not a salvation issue

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
That's just a lot of diverting focus and proselytizing, and doesn't answer my question:

What are these "false religions" that are guilty of slaughtering millions of innocents?

Take your pick.....Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists...they all share in the slaughter of millions for their own causes.

False religion comes under one banner in the Bible...."Babylon the great", which is a world empire of man made worship. God only sees two kinds of worship in this world...true and false.
True worship is identified with the peace and obedience of its adherents in all of God's teachings.

False worship is identified by bloodshed and disobedience.

Rev 18:21-24 says that in Babylon the great "was found the blood of prophets and of holy ones and of all those who have been slaughtered on the earth.”

False worship is a bloodthirsty thing. :(

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So, which belief systems do you believe are gonna cause a person to be banned from Paradise?
Banned? None. But I think those who deny themselves (and others) happiness for the promise of a reward after they're dead are missing out on the closest thing to paradise that they're likely to have the opportunity to experience.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So, which belief systems do you believe are gonna cause a person to be banned from Paradise?
Wait... I changed my mind. I know who should be banned from Paradise:

You know when you're on a 2-lane road, and you're stuck behind someone who goes super-slow in the no passing sections and then speeds up in the passing zones so you can't get by? Those people.

They make me want to create a paradise just so I can ban those twits from it.

:D

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You know, like a Christian or Muslim believing people of other faiths are damned.

A lot of people will say I'm going to Hell because "Catholics are Idolaters" etc.

just trying to find people's opinions on what is or is not a salvation issue

A salvational issue according to our religions?

To me, someone who is not connected with their family: blood, history, heritage, and humanity are not "saved." I believe these are the foundations of humanity's being is our relations. Id say that if one dies without having a strong interconnection, they walk the earth (as I seen a spirit did once) waiting to "reconnect." I think thats why some religions offer healing prayers and rituals for the deceased.

Or offering prayers to god and his family on behalf of those in purgatory, for cross example.

I dont believe in hell. If there was a hell, its eternal disconnection with our blood in spirit and body.

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
As far as general religious tolerance is I-cerned, HIM taught us to respect other faiths, for none can interfere in Jah Realm. That being said, InI livity is based on Jah Word, the Bible. So if there is ANY ill spoken about it, or anything InI believe, InI will not hesitate to fight against Babylon.

Believing as InI do that Jah will come to the Earth to bring forth His Kingdom, InI say that if any person should enter, they must be righteous (not as deemed by wicked Babylon, but by Jah).

rusra02

Premium Member
Which are the "false religions" that have had enough adherents or clout to slaughter millions of people? :confused:

I don't think you're going to like the results of a search on "Which religion is responsible for the greatest number of deaths of "infidels" over its entire history?" ("infidels" is the author's choice for the title, it doesn't necessarily refer to Islam).

I know you said "I believe", but I would caution against making sweeping statements, especially when they are couched in opinion or belief. They can be subject to refutation.

I do not disagree with the author's assessment of the numbered slaughtered by professed Christians. If anything, I think the numbers are much much higher. He did not mention the recent bloodbath in Rwanda, the two world wars, and the list goes on. False religion includes most professed "Christian" faiths, IMO. As Jesus warned, we would recognize false religions by the works they produce. (Matthew 7:15-20) Another scripture says; "They publicly declare that they know God, but they disown him by their works, because they are detestable and disobedient and not approved for good work of any sort." (Titus 1:16)

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian

I don't believe anyone gets "banned" from Paradise. Instead, I think someone who is misguided (or not) would themselves choose a different afterlife than the afterlife I would choose for myself.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

Happily read the Bible and put it down when it leads you to judge and condemn is my motto.

Buddha and Ghandi deserve more reward in the next life than myself imo...if that tells you the extent of my bigotry towards non Christians

I also like Richard Dawkins. He suffers much mockery yet is so intelligent, thoughtful, good with children and animals, mature, peaceful, and mild mannered...I respect his explanation of why I am simple minded and gullible. And He doesn't say I'll be tortured forever for my Dogmas
icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT*** Yet so many say such awful things about him. When you point the finger you have three pointing back at you.

That is why Jesus said if you judge or condemn, judgement and condemnation descends upon you.

Your contradicting yourself.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Your contradicting yourself.
Just saying we should not judge or condemn people as being damned for all eternity because they have a different system of Religion or rule of Theology they go by.

If a person were to be fully enlightened and then reject the truth that would be a different story.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
If a person were to be fully enlightened and then reject the truth that would be a different story.
I agree. And it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for any of us to know whether a person has reached that state of enlightenment. We don't even know if we're enlightened ourselves! (Except for a few people who they are convinced that they are and that the rest of us are doomed to an eternity of torment.)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I agree. And it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for any of us to know whether a person has reached that state of enlightenment. We don't even know if we're enlightened ourselves! (Except for a few people who they are convinced that they are and that the rest of us are doomed to an eternity of torment.)
Another reason I feel like a kindred Spirit with Moromons is that we are the two that Fundamentalists attack the most. They call Catholicism the Pagan Religion of the Antichrist (Whore of Babylon).

I haven't heard them call your Religion the Whore of Babylon or Religion of the Antichrist yet but "not Christian" and "cult" is still an ugly word. At least the way they define it.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Another reason I feel like a kindred Spirit with Moromons is that we are the two that Fundamentalists attack the most. They call Catholicism the Pagan Religion of the Antichrist (Whore of Babylon).

I haven't heard them call your Religion the Whore of Babylon or Religion of the Antichrist yet but "not Christian" and "cult" is still an ugly word. At least the way they define it.
Well, as I used to tell my son when he was being bullied, bullies only behave the way they do because of low self-esteem. You never see anyone who truly is comfortable in his own skin and satisfied with his own life feel the need to pick on someone else.

Etritonakin

Happily read the Bible and put it down when it leads you to judge and condemn is my motto.

Buddha and Ghandi deserve more reward in the next life than myself imo...if that tells you the extent of my bigotry towards non Christians

I also like Richard Dawkins. He suffers much mockery yet is so intelligent, thoughtful, good with children and animals, mature, peaceful, and mild mannered...I respect his explanation of why I am simple minded and gullible. And He doesn't say I'll be tortured forever for my Dogmas
icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT*** Yet so many say such awful things about him. When you point the finger you have three pointing back at you.

That is why Jesus said if you judge or condemn, judgement and condemnation descends upon you.

The issue is not so much which belief systems will get people banned from paradise, but which set of beliefs -supporting which set of actions -will create and maintain a paradise.
We are presently banned from the paradise the Earth could be -because we make the Earth otherwise.
The meek do not inherit heaven, they inherit the Earth -at least initially. As written, "the heavens" were "formed... to be inhabited" -but we will first learn to make the Earth a paradise.
Everyone must align with the belief system which supports the actions which will cause and maintain paradise.

On a human level, that means keeping the commandments -though the spirit of the physical law applies when we become spirits.
(One cannot commit physical adultery if one is not of a nature to be given in marriage, but the underlying issue of faithfulness will still be a concern in the relationship between ourselves and God)

That which is written in scripture is called in scripture "the mystery of God" -and the mystery -the secret -was not intended to be fully understood until much later.
Specifically, the mystery would be finished -the secret would be understood -"in the days of the voice of the seventh angel" (Rev 10:7).
This is similar to what is written in Daniel....
Dan 12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Scripture also indicates that scripture is purposefully written in a manner which is not readily understood.
God conceals and reveal things according to his overall plan. Understanding of one subject requires information that is spread throughout the scriptures.
Study of scripture must be done applying the following....
Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
Isa 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
Isa 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

The above is important to realize in relation to the understanding of "hell".
"Hell" is what most believe to be the alternative to paradise -but it is actually that which will prepare many for paradise!
It is essentially an ultimatum. A full end to sin must be brought about in order to create a paradise on Earth -then beyond.

Perhaps the most important scripture concerning God's judgement of sinners -which is to be added to all others -is this.....
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

If one sees other scriptures in that light, they can be better understood.
For example.... Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
It says it is possible for both soul (spirit) and body to be destroyed in hell (here translated from gehenna -the lake of fire -there are several words translated "hell" -or associated with it -but which do not refer to the lake of fire).
However, it does not say that all who are cast into hell will be destroyed by it.

It is possible -and that would necessarily be the end of the utterly incorrigible, but it is not our place to know if such will actually be the case for any.
Note the language here (and that scripture notes the limitations and imperfection of human language -and states that we will be given a pure language by God later)....
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
[Part = G3313 μέρος meros - "...(to get as a section or allotment); a division or share"]

Even the Greek phrase "eis tous aionas ton aionon,--into the age of the ages --used to describe the duration of the torment of the beast and false prophet -then later Satan -may not necessarily mean "without possibility of end".

Anyway...... it is certain that God's mercy never fails. Whether any seek forgiveness and to repent is between them and God -as is the judgment God sees fit -but his judgment is toward turning all to righteousness if at all possible.

The lake of fire is called the second death...... but death itself and the grave will be cast into the lake of fire..... o_O
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

icon_biggrin.gif

A rather interesting perspective.
Jesus said that the standards you use to judge others will be the same standards used to judge you.
Nowhere did Jesus say to not judge at all.

Etritonakin

A rather interesting perspective.
Jesus said that the standards you use to judge others will be the same standards used to judge you.
Nowhere did Jesus say to not judge at all.
Technically, he did -but the word has several meanings -and there it means condemnation, vengeance, etc... not discernment or using judgment to better a situation or bring true justice.

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

G2919
κρίνω
krinō
kree'-no
Properly to distinguish, that is, decide (mentally or judicially); by implication to try, condemn, punish: - avenge, conclude, condemn, damn, decree, determine, esteem, judge, go to (sue at the) law, ordain, call in question, sentence to, think.