• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People who dont share your Faith

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So, which belief systems do you believe are gonna cause a person to be banned from Paradise?

Happily read the Bible and put it down when it leads you to judge and condemn is my motto.

Buddha and Ghandi deserve more reward in the next life than myself imo...if that tells you the extent of my bigotry towards non Christians

I also like Richard Dawkins. He suffers much mockery yet is so intelligent, thoughtful, good with children and animals, mature, peaceful, and mild mannered...I respect his explanation of why I am simple minded and gullible. And He doesn't say I'll be tortured forever for my Dogmas
icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT*** Yet so many say such awful things about him. When you point the finger you have three pointing back at you.

That is why Jesus said if you judge or condemn, judgement and condemnation descends upon you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
So, which belief systems do you believe are gonna cause a person to be banned from Paradise?

Happily read the Bible and put it down when it leads you to judge and condemn is my motto.

Buddha and Ghandi deserve more reward in the next life than myself imo...if that tells you the extent of my bigotry towards non Christians

I also like Richard Dawkins. He suffers much mockery yet is so intelligent, thoughtful, good with children and animals, mature, peaceful, and mild mannered...I respect his explanation of why I am simple minded and gullible. And He doesn't say I'll be tortured forever for my Dogmas
icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT*** Yet so many say such awful things about him. When you point the finger you have three pointing back at you.

That is why Jesus said if you judge or condemn, judgement and condemnation descends upon you.
You and I appear to be 100% on the same page, PopeADope.

rusra02

Premium Member
Jesus did say we were not to judge others because of individual differences. However, he also said; "Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. Every tree not producing fine fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men." (Matthew 7:15-20) I believe false religion is responsible for the slaughter of millions of innocents, and the most heinous of crimes. I also believe what Jesus said about these false worshippers: "Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness." (Matthew 7:21-23)

Baladas

An Págánach

icon_biggrin.gif

I must say: It is very refreshing to read this, my friend.
I don't really believe in an afterlife, though I am open to the possibility.

Paradise is here and now.
The good can't exist without the bad, so I take my paradise where I can get it.
Peace. :D

Spiderman

Veteran Member
None, because my religion holds to no such notion as a "Paradise" that people need a punch card to get into.
My sympathies are for non Christians who deal with proselytizers with beads of sweat on their forehead, blood in their eyes, and saliva coming forth from their mouth as they shout at pagans, Atheists, and homosexuals that they will be tortured for eternity.

Dawkins always remained calm, cool, and thoughtful.

Jesus loves you Dawkins!

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe false religion is responsible for the slaughter of millions of innocents, and the most heinous of crimes.

Which are the "false religions" that have had enough adherents or clout to slaughter millions of people? :confused:

I don't think you're going to like the results of a search on "Which religion is responsible for the greatest number of deaths of "infidels" over its entire history?" ("infidels" is the author's choice for the title, it doesn't necessarily refer to Islam).

I know you said "I believe", but I would caution against making sweeping statements, especially when they are couched in opinion or belief. They can be subject to refutation.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
He said with same measure you judge it will be judged against you. He also said whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. The Holy Spirit also inspired Saint Peter to write that we are a royal priesthood. How can we be a royal, heavenly priesthood without the ability to judge and confront right and wrong?

Jesus said after his resurrection that all authority had been given to him. Not Buddha or Muhammad or anyone else. As a Christian I am under and share in that authority. So if you have a problem with Jesus being the Truth, I suggest you take it up with him.

Don't say that condemnation is the same as judging. Whoever helps a sinner turn from sin will save his soul and cover a multitude of sins. You can't do that without judging sin for what it is.

Covellite

Every belief systems can cause a person to be banned from Paradise.
It depends on a person. I believe in love, I give my best to live intelligent and moral life style and never think of Paradise as a reward.
I deeply respect everybody's belief system, unless it promotes violence and hate of any kind.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Which are the "false religions" that have had enough adherents or clout to slaughter millions of people? :confused:

I don't think you're going to like the results of a search on "Which religion is responsible for the greatest number of deaths of "infidels" over its entire history?" ("infidels" is the author's choice for the title, it doesn't necessarily refer to Islam).

I know you said "I believe", but I would caution against making sweeping statements, especially when they are couched in opinion or belief. They can be subject to refutation.

This is not at all surprising really because not all who identify as Christians, really are. Jesus' words about his own religious leaders demonstrate the same to be true of his supposed followers today....
Matt 15:7-9:
"You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you when he said:  ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me.  It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’"

Anyone who claims Jesus as their Lord and Master, better be living up to what he taught or as rusra rightly said, they are in for a rude shock.

Matt 7:21-23:
"Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness." (Matthew 7:21-23)

The apostle Paul's words are sobering for those who think they are Christ's disciples but are failing to live by his teachings.

Heb 10:26-31:
"For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, 27 but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and a burning indignation that is going to consume those in opposition. 28 Anyone who has disregarded the Law of Moses dies without compassion on the testimony of two or three. 29 How much greater punishment do you think a person will deserve who has trampled on the Son of God and who has regarded as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt? 30 For we know the One who said: “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again: “Jehovah will judge his people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The Gods do not care which religion, if any, you follow. They are not dogmatic. The only thing that counts is virtue (Gr. ἀρετή "arete") of heart and action. Basically, just do the best you can in life and strive for Heroism. There is no eternal torment, anyway. You screw up and you learn from it. You may have to go through a period of punishment in this life or the next for any great wrongs committed, but you get other chances, since we don't live just once, in my view. The soul is on an eternal upward spiral of progressive evolution.

Scott C.

Just one guy

icon_biggrin.gif

I believe that everyone who goes to heaven will eventually have the same belief system, before they get there. It makes sense that everyone will know and follow the same truth by then. It's hard to imagine living in the presence of God without believing in his truth. So to me it's not a question of current belief system, but more a question of when will everyone hear and Gospel truth and have the chance to accept it. I believe that chance comes in this life and even in the next.

As I look around at people who I respect as role models and look up to, who are not of my faith, I have to assume they will make it. I see them as greater than I. But, I believe I will make it, not because I'm a great person but because of what my faith teaches about mercy and forgiveness. Those who I look up to will make it on the same basis.

God judges us based on what we know and what we were given. Where much is given, much is required. Only he is qualified to make a righteous judgment that takes into consideration all of the complexities of free will, genetics, chemistry, environment, intelligence, teachings, etc. He sees deep into our hearts and knows exactly why we think and behave as we do. He knows the difference between sinning in ignorance and having a hard heart which is not willing to yield to God. He knows if an unwillingness to believe is influenced heavily by environmental circumstances over which the individual has no control, or if it has at it's root arrogance and a hard heart, unwilling to yield to God. Humans are incapable of piecing this together. We have our perceptions, but at the final day, I suspect we will realize that many of our perceptions were incorrect.

I believe in degrees of heaven and that very, very few will actually end up in a hell that lasts forever. There's an interesting verse in the Book of Mormon that says everyone will proclaim in the last day that God's judgments are just. Nobody will wonder why they are where they are or think God was unfair. It will all be clear.

Last edited: