• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People vs élites: the people is on the rise.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Farmers' protests erupts in Berlin, because now the lounge-loving Eurocracy wants the working class to endure the costs of inflation.

I was thinking of the Bauernkrieg of the Germany of the XVI century...
but now people have one thing that will make them win against the masters: awareness.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I will admit I know nothing about this, I am not in the EU, so I looked it uo and got

The Populist Challenge to Élitist Democracy in Europe

Abstract​

The conflict between representative and direct democracy over which is the more authentic reflection of public opinion poses the tension between competing political leaders and a purported will of the people. The discredit of mediated party politics has led to increased recourse to referendums and to the emergence of social protest movements, notably extremists of left and right. The closed politics of the European Union, combined with the limited democratic legitimacy of its decision taking, have promoted a tendency towards demagogic unreality expressed through anti‐elitist populism.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Someone you Americans know very well both in France and in Italy.

OK, and this applies how?

Like I said, know little about this. I just posted what I found to assist others who may know as little as I do

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Sorry. He's in on it. He's part of the elite. Elites or ruling class. Bannon is just another wealthy shyster/huckster bilking money off of every day folk.
Honestly I think that if the lounge-loving and the yacht-loving Democratic Party cared about the people, they would have done universal free healthcare, as there is in UK.
They will probably govern for 8 years, but they will do nothing about it.
They only care about their friends, their banking dynasties and they will use their billions to fund useless wars, like that in Ukraine.
And they have no mercy on the Americans who can't even afford surgeries that can say their lives.

So...I advise you to do a little bit of self-criticism, when it deals with American politics. ;)

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
Honestly I think that if the lounge-loving and the yacht-loving Democratic Party cared about the people, they would have done universal free healthcare, as there is in UK.
They will probably govern for 8 years, but they will do nothing about it.
They only care about their friends, their banking dynasties and they will use their billions to fund useless wars, like that in Ukraine.
And they have no mercy for the Americans who can't even afford surgeries that can say their lives.

So...I advise you to do a little bit of self-criticism, when it deals with American politics. ;)
Republicans have fought tooth and nail against universal healthcare, cut welfare programs, cut education funding, given their wealthy friends tax cuts, given themselves pay raises, slashed veterans benefits. They've done everything they can to sabotage the economy, to blame Democrats if the economy collapses.

The only thing Republicans have left to offer is fear and hate. That's Trump's entire campaign. Fear and hate, of immigrants, of noncompliant minorities, of any political disagreement, of gays and especially the transgendered.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Republicans have fought tooth and nail against universal healthcare, cut welfare programs, cut education funding, given their wealthy friends tax cuts, given themselves pay raises, slashed veterans benefits. They've done everything they can to sabotage the economy, to blame Democrats if the economy collapses.

The only thing Republicans have left to offer is fear and hate. That's Trump's entire campaign. Fear and hate, of immigrants, of noncompliant minorities, of any political disagreement, of gays and especially the transgendered.
But neither party implements free universal healthcare. So they are identical to me.

Viker

Häxan
But neither party implements free universal healthcare. So they are identical to me.
That's because there's never enough Republican support. Congress needs majorities to pass any bill. The only way to get anything by the Republicans is to, sometimes horrifically, comprise. The US is in a situation where it is starkly divided and nearly evenly divided.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That's because there's never enough Republican support. Congress needs majorities to pass any bill. The only way to get anything by the Republicans is to, sometimes horrifically, comprise. The US is in a situation where it is starkly divided and nearly evenly divided.
But they are incredibly united when the decision is to spend those billions on an idiotic war just to harm Putin, in Ukraine.
The American people's pain is irrelevant to them.
They are cut from the same cloth.

Viker

Häxan
But they are incredibly united when the decision is to spend those billions on an idiotic war just to harm Putin, in Ukraine.
The American people's pain is irrelevant to them.
They are cut from the same cloth.
Nope. Most Americans support Ukraine. It's one thing they can agree on. Most Americans don't like bullies. Putin is a bully. Screw Putin. Free Ukraine! Free the Russian people from Russian oligarchs (elites)!

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Nope. Most Americans support Ukraine. It's one thing they can agree on. Most Americans don't like bullies. Putin is a bully. Screw Putin. Free Ukraine! Free the Russian people from Russian oligarchs (elites)!

Putin subdued the Russian oligarchs ...that's how he could nationalize the banking system and Gazprom.

In America it's the banking dynasties that subdued politicians.

That said...back to the topic, I side with people. And I will do anything to support those German farmers. Even if I had to die for the cause, I will do it.
The lounge-loving élites in Brussels are on the verge of collapse.

Last edited: