• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People "protecting marriage": where are you on Monday nights?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Like I said..If you want to "protect the sanctity of marriage"..Focus on frivelous divorce.

Even though I would NEVER in my right mind try to legally prevent one or both people to stay in a marriage they no longer wanted to be in.But revolving door marriages to me are what makes marriage a joke sometimes.But even that doesnt mean my marriage isnt what I make it to be.

2nd marriages are one thing.But without knowing the details if someone tells me they are on their 3rd or 4th marriage I raise an eyebrow.Im thinking why even get married.

I mean marriage isnt a box of kleenex you blow your nose in and throw away.

I knew one guy that his mother had been married 7 times growing up.He never even met his dad untill he was an adult in his 40's..And his mothers choice of husbands and how quickly she would agree to marriage left him with many many abusive stepfathers ..and his mother he described as "wiping her blood off the walls".

My DIL whom I talk about her bless her soul..Her mother married 4 times..To everyone but her father..She met him just a couple years ago.(shes 24)..She has 9 brothers and sisters.Only one sibling by her dad...8 by her mother with 4 different men.

Sanctity of marriage? The men and women allowed to marry now need to take it seriously in their OWN lives and treat it like the jewel they seem to think it is personally rather than tallking about how deep seated and meaningful it is and therefore gays can't join the club.

I would be HAPPY to attend a gay wedding even THOUGH LOL!!! I would warn them the same as I would penises marrying vaginas its not easy.

There is something about being married that makes it different in good ways and bad psycholigically.

I ramble..

Love

Dallas

no-body

Marriage is not a living being or a deity that grows or lessens with each marriage or divorce. I can't understand this argument or even what "sanctity of marriage" is supposed to mean.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
It was a comparison I made. Since some people insist that a "civil union" is essentially the same thing, I suggested that only Christians can celebrate Christmas, and say Merry Christmas. Everyone else can still celebrate this holiday in the same fashion, it just has to be a winter holiday, as only the religious Christian crowd can celebrate Christmas.

Ah, thank you. That would be consistent, wouldn't it? But then again, it seems the only ones interested in consistency are the ones supporting same-sex marriage.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
They are silent because religious believers, aside from those such as the WBC and 700 Club, have no desire in protecting marriage.

Opposition to gay marriage in this country is solely about forcing an acceptance of religious bigotry.

I agree..Its not about protecting marriage or the "definitition" or the "sanctity".

Its about keeping marriage between one penis and one vagina.It doesnt matter how much one penis and one vagina make a mockery of the sanctity of it.

I mean I hate to bring up Brittiany again..But she was "allowed" to get married on a "whim" and then change her mind what the next day? And say she was wasted or something?

Which is FINE as I said I never would have tried to legally force her into a lifelong commitment because she had too many shots of yagermeister or peach snops or whatever..

But PLEASE people realize the sanctity of marriage is only protected in your OWN MARRIAGE.

And gay people are just as capable of being what anyone would consider an example of a "good marriage" as "heterosexauls".

YOU be a good example in your OWN marriage of what a marriage means to you .

If you reduce it to being male and female that is what destroys the "sanctity of marriage" IMHO because it takes a HELLL of a LOT more than genitals to make a "marriage"..

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Marriage is not a living being or a deity that grows or lessens with each marriage or divorce. I can't understand this argument or even what "sanctity of marriage" is supposed to mean.

Marriage is a state of being(together).And most committ to that and swear to keep that "state" alive..Between two people.

Its called a "promise"..If you keep promising the same thing over and over to different people and breaking it eventually your promise is hollow.

Lets put it this way..If I met a man that had been married twice already say ..in his 40's and asked me to marry him and said the words "I want to spend the rest of my life with you " I would have pause.(also like I said details would count).But I cant believe he didnt promise the same thing to the two women previous.

Otherwise we should just say.."I'd like to get married to you and it COULD be forever but if not we can divorce each other and find someone else to marry".

Love

Dallas

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
This argument fails for two reasons.
One, separate but equal has never once worked.
Two, do they really expect the whole country to just start changing the names of things willy nilly in order to fulfill some unsubstantiated trumped up claim to a word?

The religionists are just going to be flat out disappointed if they try this route.
Marriage is just to big a business for the government to merely do away with.

Quite agreed.

I've noted before that "separate-but-equal", besides already being a failed social experiment in this nation, is a perfect example to use when explaining what "oxymoron" means.