• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pendulums

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I hope you don't mind, Gentoo, but I am going to hijack your thread with a pendulum question. :D

I am looking at a really pretty pendulum for sale. It is made from a gemstone that I am partial to. It has beads of the same gemstone, pentacles, and stars along the chain. Here comes the question:

Does all that fancy stuff on the chain affect how the pendulum works, or am I better off with a balanced, symmetrical pendulum on a plain Jane chain?

All that stuff would get in my way, but I'm a simple person :) But it's really about what you like and what you like to work with.

Erebus

I hope you don't mind, Gentoo, but I am going to hijack your thread with a pendulum question. :D

I am looking at a really pretty pendulum for sale. It is made from a gemstone that I am partial to. It has beads of the same gemstone, pentacles, and stars along the chain. Here comes the question:

Does all that fancy stuff on the chain affect how the pendulum works, or am I better off with a balanced, symmetrical pendulum on a plain Jane chain?

If you are "partial" to it as you say, it could probably work well for you.

Gemstones and decorations aren't compulsory by any stretch of the imagination, but if they are something you personally like, there's no reason not to go for them either. My personal rule of thumb is, "If it works for you, you're doing it right."

blackout

Violet.
When I first began pendulum dowsing I used catholic medals on random pieces of embroidery thread.

It was what I had at hand, and the heavy even weight of the medals made for excellent movement and energy.
It's funny too, how the random pics/saints on the medals ...
as well as the random colors of string... spoke to ... spoke of...
the revelatory nature of that season in my life.

(ex. St. Lucy I think.... the medal had the st with her eyes on a dish I believe.
the story is, her eyes were georged out... and she grew/recieved new eyes.
I was mySelf seeing the whole world, and my whole life through NEW eyes.
I was in the midst of a total paradigm change.)

It was also an exercise in ... challanging.... taboos. ;)

I have not since, found a pendulum that "worked" for me.
Not really.

Like most of the best things in my life... I'm sure it will find me.

Last edited:

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I was thinking, I have a jasper point (about 3") that I was going to make into a pendulum... but a can't find it :( But I do have this odd stone, it's got a good weight to it, so maybe that'll work...