• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paul's teachings.

Shermana

Heretic
Jtartar:
One of the main reasons that Jesus came to earth was to remove the Mosaic Law
So when Jesus said "I have not come to abolish the Law" he was totally just kidding.

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Paul established the ritualistic churches. I dont believe he got that from Jesus.

The organizations love Paul's teachings because without his teachings they cannot control their organization. It is all about controlling.
Jesus was part of an extremely ritualistic religion. He worshiped in the Temple and taught in the synagogues.:facepalm:

In fact, there's quite a body of archaeological evidence that shows Xy to be highly ritualistic from the outset.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Jtartar:So when Jesus said "I have not come to abolish the Law" he was totally just kidding.

He instituted the 'new covenant' as spoken through Jeremiah.

The only way to enter the new covenant is to exit the old one. The righteous laws of God are the same for both covenants, but the conditions of the covenants are different.

Shermana

Heretic
He instituted the 'new covenant' as spoken through Jeremiah.

The only way to enter the new covenant is to exit the old one. The righteous laws of God are the same for both covenants, but the conditions of the covenants are different.

So you're saying he WAS just kidding.

And the New Covenant described in Jeremiah, which is only for "Israel and Judah" says nothing about the old Law being dissolved as you seem to agree here, rather it says the SAME LAW will be written on the hearts of the believers. The main difference is that they won't have to learn it. Anything beyond that is totally non-scriptural. The conditions do not in any way render the Old Law void, or their raison d'etre.

So it should be regarded as a RENEWED covenant. If the old one is "exited", the new one is the same but with slightly different execution, no real major difference except it being "written on their hearts" of those among "Israel and Judah" who enter into it, second verse is the same as the first.

Perhaps we can ask the Judaism DIR what they think the "New covenant" will imply.

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
So you're saying he WAS just kidding.

Jeremiah said the new covenant will see the law of God written on the hearts...so no, Jesus wasnt kidding when he said he didnt come to abolish the law. He came to show people how to put the law on their hearts....and in that way, they could enter the new covenant.

And the New Covenant described in Jeremiah, which is only for "Israel and Judah" says nothing about the old Law being dissolved as you seem to agree here, rather it says the SAME LAW will be written on the hearts of the believers.

but Jeremiah says it will NOT be like the old covenant.
31 “Look! There are days coming,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “and I will conclude with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant; 32 not one like the covenant that I concluded with their forefathers in the day of my taking hold of their hand to bring them forth out of the land of Egypt, ‘which covenant of mine they themselves broke

The new covenant was not going to be a copy of the mosaic law...it was going to be different. Gods laws were not going to change, but the type of covenant would change.
And how could it not, for example, Christ did away with divorce and polygamy....the mosaic law made allowance for such things. Christ did not. So there is already one change that he made which was different to the mosaic law.

This is why its a 'new covenant'... it has different conditions attached to it.