• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paul's teachings.

Meshak

Philipians 1:27 Only behave in a manner worthy of the good news about the Christ...

Philipians 2:5 Keep this mental attitude in YOU that was also in Christ Jesus, ...

Galatians 6:2 Go on carrying the burdens of one another, and thus fulfill the law of the Christ

Galatians 3:26 YOU are all, in fact, sons of God through YOUR faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of YOU who were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor freeman, there is neither male nor female; for YOU are all one [person] in union with Christ Jesus. 29 Moreover, if YOU belong to Christ, YOU are really Abraham’s seed

I still haven't seen you post any verses from Paul which show he is against Christ... please do so because it would be wrong to accuse an innocent man.

These are not saying we have to be faithful to Jesus to be saved. Paul preaches
"faith alone" gospel.

Jesus commands us to be faithful to Him until the end, not Paul.

Meshak

Of course he does.

Did I say that? If you're going to tell me what I said, I would suggest that you try quoting me instead of paraphrasing me, because your paraphrasing skills really kind of suck.

You are agreeing with sojourner, do you know he preaches "everyone will be saved no matter what"? You seem to have a lot in common with him with your faith.

Where doed Paul say to be faithful to Jesus?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
"faith alone" gospel.

No, Paul says it is 'faith in Christ' which leads to salvation. And Paul addresses those who are faithful 'to Christ'
Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus through God’s will, to the holy ones who are [in Eph′e·sus] and faithful ones in union with Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2:8 By this undeserved kindness, indeed, YOU have been saved through faith; and this not owing to YOU, it is God’s gift. 9 No, it is not owing to works, in order that no man should have ground for boasting. 10 For we are a product of his work and were created in union with Christ Jesus

romans 1:"...Jesus Christ our Lord, 5 through whom we received undeserved kindness and an apostleship in order that there might be obedience of faith among all the nations respecting his name, 6 among which [nations] YOU also are those called to belong to Jesus Christ

If you have any specific verses in mind which you feel shows Paul to be saying otherwise, then present them. I have asked multiple times now for evidence but you have not shown one scripture yet. :shrug:

Meshak

No, Paul says it is 'faith in Christ' which leads to salvation. And Paul addresses those who are faithful 'to Christ'
Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus through God’s will, to the holy ones who are [in Eph′e·sus] and faithful ones in union with Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2:8 By this undeserved kindness, indeed, YOU have been saved through faith; and this not owing to YOU, it is God’s gift. 9 No, it is not owing to works, in order that no man should have ground for boasting. 10 For we are a product of his work and were created in union with Christ Jesus

romans 1:"...Jesus Christ our Lord, 5 through whom we received undeserved kindness and an apostleship in order that there might be obedience of faith among all the nations respecting his name, 6 among which [nations] YOU also are those called to belong to Jesus Christ

If you have any specific verses in mind which you feel shows Paul to be saying otherwise, then present them. I have asked multiple times now for evidence but you have not shown one scripture yet. :shrug:

He says our works are filthy rags. He does not appreciate faithful work.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
You are agreeing with sojourner, do you know he preaches "everyone will be saved no matter what"? You seem to have a lot in common with him with your faith.
Sojourner and I have some things in common, but we disagree with each other fairly frequently, too. We have learned that it's possible to respect each other despite our differences of opinion. And for the second time, I never said, "Everyone will be saved no matter what." Why do you keep insisting I do?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

No he doesnt. Paul is very clear that a person must uphold Gods righteous standards (which Jesus also said) for salvation

1Cor 6:9 What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of YOU were. But YOU have been washed clean, but YOU have been sanctified, but YOU have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God

and if a christian did not remain in the faith, he would be cast away from it

Romans 11:20 "...but you are standing by faith. Quit having lofty ideas, but be in fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. 22 See, therefore, God’s kindness and severity. Toward those who fell there is severity, but toward you there is God’s kindness, provided you remain in his kindness; otherwise, you also will be lopped off

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

scripture????

Its not good to speak on behalf of someone.... let Paul speak by showing exactly what it is he said, then we can discuss it.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
You're taking his words out of context, Meshak. Paul never implied that we should not be obedient to Jesus Christ's commandments.

Meshak

Show us what Paul said and how it is against what Jesus taught. Please.

I am talking about what Paul did not do where as Jesus did about being faithful to Jesus.

Paul did not have the same goal as Jesus does or did.

Meshak

scripture????

Isaiah 64:6
All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

This is what Paul quoted to disregard following the law is not important. You JWs are very versed, I know you know what I am talking about.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I am talking about what Paul did not do where as Jesus did about being faithful to Jesus.

Paul did not have the same goal as Jesus does or did.

i cant take you seriously anymore. sorry.

:sarcastic

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
This is what Paul quoted to disregard following the law is not important. You JWs are very versed, I know you know what I am talking about.

Paul is quoting Isaiah. That makes him against Jesus???

What is the context of Isaiah? Have you even considered that???

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
"faith alone" gospel.

I notice you've conveniently forgotten about my citation of Philippians 2.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Sojourner and I have some things in common, but we disagree with each other fairly frequently, too. We have learned that it's possible to respect each other despite our differences of opinion. And for the second time, I never said, "Everyone will be saved no matter what." Why do you keep insisting I do?
Thanks for saying so.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Yes, because he says faithful work is filthy rags.

the Isrealites had left Gods law, they were disobedient to God. Isaiah was telling them that the works of law they were performing, were useless to them....like filthy rags you throw away. 'Works of Mosaic Law'....do you know what these were?

I reasoned how Paul used in his epistles.

and how did Paul use it in his letter... what is the context, who is he speaking to and why???