• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paul ... Paul ... Paul !!!

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
Feathers said:
Truth, it may be a misunderstanding, and I certainly hope that this is the case, but one gets a feeling from your posts that you aren't trying to understand the Bible so much as attack it. If it's not your holy book, why bother?
Frubals for an excellent point made politely and concisely Feathers.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
michel said:
Sure thing, Seyorni --- here's to you, The Truth:

FOR VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, TILL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS, ONE JOT OR ONE TITTLE SHALL IN NO WISE PASS FROM THE LAW, TILL ALL BE FULFILLED. --- Matthew 5:18

And here's to you, Seyorni:

THE WORDS OF THE LORD ARE PURE WORDS: AS SILVER TRIED IN A FURNACE OF EARTH, PURIFIED SEVEN TIMES. --- Psalm 12:6

LET HE WHO HAS EARS let him hear: No more frubals will they let me send unto thee, no nary a one until the time has passed and all has been fulfilled. :angel2:

edit: oops, my bad for the back to backs. Sorry.

The quotations from the Book of Acts you mentioned are very interesting, and certainly worth thinking about. But for me what's most important about these passages is the experience of Paul himself-an experience so powerful it changed his life forever. I think that is the essence that needs to be remembered.

As for the variations in the details, I don't know the reason for those, but here is one explanation just off the top of my head. Two of the quotes used were of Paul's recollection of the events as explained to others. Would it somehow be unthinkable that Paul's recollection of the details, apart from the personal experience he himself had had, were somewhat unclear, or could change with time? He fell to the ground as he was confronted with a incomprehensible light and voice from heaven, which left him temporarily blind. How much was he really aware at that moment of what the others around him were experiencing? Did they fall to the ground, did they see the same light and hear the same voice? He probably would have had to depend on what they told him afterwards, and it is possible that their accounts to him also varied. But nothing could change for him the reality of the experience he had himself, so powerful that it completely shifted the worldview of a very stubborn man.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
adilrockstar said:
Their is only ONE TRUTH. Anything other that that TRUTH is FALSE. Whatever that TRUTH may be. For me that TRUTH is CHRIST. And that means that the WORD is the complete TRUTH. Not to be changed.

God Bless

Adil

As it happens, I agree with you - but I am also quite prepared to respect that others believe in whatever they believe to be "The truth".

adilrockstar

michel said:
As it happens, I agree with you - but I am also quite prepared to respect that others believe in whatever they believe to be "The truth".

As do I. You will notice that out of respect I said "whatever the truth is for you".

Mujahid Mohammed

adilrockstar said:
Their is only ONE TRUTH.
What is that exactly and I agree with you that there is only 1

Anything other that that TRUTH is FALSE.
I agree with that

Whatever that TRUTH may be.
so you are not really sure yourself.

For me that TRUTH is CHRIST.
Oh OK, and what is your evidence.

And that means the WORD is the COMPLETE TRUTH, Not to be changed.
God Bless

Adil
Which word exactly do you mean the bible. the bible has been changed does that make it not the complete truth. The Quran has not changed so what does that say for it.

adilrockstar

Mujahid Mohammed said:
What is that exactly and I agree with you that there is only 1

I agree with that

so you are not really sure yourself.

Oh OK, and what is your evidence.

Which word exactly do you mean the bible. the bible has been changed does that make it not the complete truth. The Quran has not changed so what does that say for it.

The Quran is created by Satan.
The Bible is created by God.

Enough Said, Arguing with you about this is warned about in the Bible.

adilrockstar

Mujahid Mohammed said:
Prove it.
How? I just asked a question. So if the bible has been changed does that make it not the absolute truth as you said. You said it doesn't change.

argueing? I just asked a question.

The Bible has not Changed.