• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Patriarchy"

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Where are the laws in the books discussing why men should not get the right to vote? Why men should not have bodily autonomy and should get his wife's permission first before he gets a vasectomy? Why men should not be listed as "head of household" on their tax filings, ever? Why men are not qualified to lead congregations, family households, armed forces because they're just too "emotionally unstable"? Why men are only fit to work in specific blue-collar jobs and never in white collar work because they're too single-minded and can't multi-task like women can?

Can somebody name me the last female President who announced as part of her platform that she'd ensure we'd move toward a "Goddess-revering" society, and who sought to apply a considerable amount of our budget toward female-only gynocological health, and made sure men's health issues were all determined by female-only panels on what men were to do with their testicles?

Oh, and if any man were to object to any of these measures, that they'd be blacklisted in society as being "radical" and called all kinds of sexist terms by millionaire female propagandists? Or that they just don't care enough about women's concerns who work so hard making sure y'all don't die an early death simply because y'all are men and don't know better without a female looking after you?

There's your matriarchy for you. I must have missed that period in our history.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Matriarchy? Where?
Right there!

Where's the established female cronyism in government that has propagated these measures?
It is practiced by leaders elected by women, eg, Obama, Pelosi, etc whom women voters favored more than men did.
One needn't actually be female to push a matriarchy, just as some women favor a patriarchy.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I wonder what would have happened if a talk show with men that has a huge audience had joked about a man that had cut the breasts of his wife because she abused him. Wth all the male members there joking and laughing about it for a wibble while.

I just wonder what would the feminist movements would have done in response and what would have happend to those guys public face.

Dont you wonder?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Where are the laws in the books discussing why men should not get the right to vote? Why men should not have bodily autonomy and should get his wife's permission first before he gets a vasectomy? Why men should not be listed as "head of household" on their tax filings, ever? Why men are not qualified to lead congregations, family households, armed forces because they're just too "emotionally unstable"? Why men are only fit to work in specific blue-collar jobs and never in white collar work because they're too single-minded and can't multi-task like women can?
Can somebody name me the last female President who announced as part of her platform that she'd ensure we'd move toward a "Goddess-revering" society, and who sought to apply a considerable amount of our budget toward female-only gynocological health, and made sure men's health issues were all determined by female-only panels on what men were to do with their testicles?
Oh, and if any man were to object to any of these measures, that they'd be blacklisted in society as being "radical" and called all kinds of sexist terms by millionaire female propagandists? Or that they just don't care enough about women's concerns who work so hard making sure y'all don't die an early death simply because y'all are men and don't know better without a female looking after you?
There's your matriarchy for you. I must have missed that period in our history.
Your questions would lead to answers suggesting patriarchy, but they paint an incomplete picture. The nascent matriarchical component is alive well.
Moreover, the term "patriarchy" is inaccurate since it implies a complete state. To discuss a patriarchical component of society & government would
be best (just as we avoid "matriarchy").

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
But they equate ALL FORMS of gender descrimination to the patriarchy INCLUDING those that disfavor men and facor women.

This is were I say there is a ridiculous polarizarion to the issue.

Not sure who the "they" you're talking about here is, but what you're describing sounds like misandry rather than patriarchy. I think both are equally unfair, but I don't see how they'd be considered the same thing.

I believe feminism is about supporting gender equality and not misandry as many people seem to portray it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I wonder what would have happened if a talk show with men that has a huge audience had joked about a man that had cut the breasts of his wife because she abused him. Wth all the male members there joking and laughing about it for a wibble while.
I just wonder what would the feminist movements would have done in response and what would have happend to those guys public face.
Dont you wonder?
I've long noticed that violence by women against men is far more acceptable than the reverse in movies & on TV.
The most typical situation is if a man insults a women, & she slaps him or kicks him in the crotch....which is considered funny.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Your questions would lead to answers suggesting patriarchy, but they paint an incomplete picture. The nascent matriarchical component is alive well.
Moreover, the term "patriarchy" is inaccurate since it implies a complete state. To discuss a patriarchical component of society & government would
be best (just as we avoid "matriarchy").

Yu know, thats like a much more pecise version of what I tried to answer when she asked me if I believed that society was patriarchal.:)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"More regulation to make life fair" lol! We are better off as a patriarchy ;)
Of course, there will be disagreement about which aspects of patriarchy & matriarchy are good or bad.
The salient point is that these male-vs-female components are both present & somewhat at odds with each other.
Feminists will blame one but be silent about the other, which fails to fully address societal ills. It also makes'm
look like perpetual victims.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Dont you wonder?

You don't have to wonder. There are quite a few violent Facebook groups against women:

There are countless groups with names such as "Sum sluts need their throats slit" and "Its Not 'rape' If They're Dead And If They're Alive Its Surprise Sex". One of the worst images I came across in a brief search shows a woman's flesh, with the words "Daddy ****ed me and I loved it" carved into it in freshly bleeding wounds.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Not sure who the "they" you're talking about here is, but what you're describing sounds like misandry rather than patriarchy. I think both are equally unfair, but I don't see how they'd be considered the same thing.

I believe feminism is about supporting gender equality and not misandry as many people seem to portray it.

Femininst I ve heard? I assume not all of them, but all of them at Ive heard, dust1n being the first direct exception when talking about "women and children first" saying it wasnt steaming from patriarchy but other source. I admit I ve had little chat about the subject with people who say emse,f feminist or at least that have said that to me.

Mystic said she hinks all gender inequalities(if I understood correctly, by all means correctl me otherwise) steam from patriarchism including those that favor women and disfavor men.

Alceste even talked as such as if only men peroetuated them and no women perpetuated her female privilege an some areas I talked about (females first for example ) :shrug:

Me Myself

Back to my username
You don't have to wonder. There are quite a few violent Facebook groups against women:

Not sure how to put it less bluntly, but if you re read you ll notice I am not talking aot a facebook page?

I meant a life TV show of men talking different issues, probably all of them celebrities, laughing about a real man cuting his wife's breasts because she. Mentally and physically abuse him. Something .... You know, out of the internetz zrius buzzinesz. Sometig a lot of men actually see.

Basically, an honest paralel to what happened in "The Talk"

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Not sure how to put it less bluntly, but if you re read you ll notice I am not talking aot a facebook page?

I meant a life TV show of men talking different issues, probably all of them celebrities, laughing about a real man cuting his wife's breasts because she. Mentally and physically abuse him. Something .... You know, out of the internetz zrius buzzinesz. Sometig a lot of men actually see.

Basically, an honest paralel to what happened in "The Talk"

You don't think social media fan pages are as relevant and/or as weighty as a daytime TV talk show?

That attitude is SO 2006, dude. :p

Me Myself

Back to my username
You don't think social media fan pages are as relevant and/or as weighty as a daytime TV talk show?

That attitude is SO 2006, dude. :p

As the Talk? You are telling me you have links to a qebpage as relevant as an episod eof the talk doing something like that? Caus eif you do, I did misinterpret you and would love e links :eek:

Me Myself

Back to my username
So yeah, thats and example of female privilege rampant and almost completely undisussed by society at larrge.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
As the Talk? You are telling me you have links to a qebpage as relevant as an episod eof the talk doing something like that? Caus eif you do, I did misinterpret you and would love e links :eek:

So yeah, thats and example of female privilege rampant and almost completely undisussed by society at larrge.

No kidding, MM: I've probably heard rape jokes and justifications for sexual harassment against women more times than I can remember, literally, and they weren't just on TV or talk shows; they were from people I know in person.

You're talking about females doing this on a talk show; I agree it's unfortunate. However, it's not because feminism propagates some kind of anti-male agenda. Actually, I think it's one of the things that feminism is trying to get rid of. I'm not sure where the idea came from that feminism advocates this kind of thing against males.

Alceste

Vagabond
Right there!

It is practiced by leaders elected by women, eg, Obama, Pelosi, etc whom women voters favored more than men did.
One needn't actually be female to push a matriarchy, just as some women favor a patriarchy.

This is one of your crazier ideas, and you've got a few! Yes, young, single women put Obama in the white house. They picked Obama because the Republicans apparently don't believe in rape and wanted to take away women's autonomy over their own bodies. It's in their actual party platform.

You think that selecting the only candidate (of two men) who does not want to take away your right to make private medical decisions concerning your own body constitutes "matriarchy"?

That's crazy.

Gave me a good chuckle though.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

I invite you to type in a search window anything with the word "sluts", "whores", and your choice of terminology of violence (cut, rape, punch, slam, choke, etc.)....and briefly see what pops up, how often, how groups like this can actually persist, and then how FB will automatically delete breastfeeding pictures in spite of these other pages existing.

You have one talk show episode compared to a quiet systematic and constant push of violence against women. You can't be serious if you think the acceptance is comparable.