• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pan(en)theism and Pantheism Differences

idav

Being
Premium Member
Then you need to explain this:

"This differs from the panentheistic view that all is within God, where God is perceived as both transcendent and immanent."

I do not consider either the pantheist nor the panentheist view to be 'all is within God.'

Spinoza gives a better description of pantheism.
That's how the word syntax works for panentheism. All, pan, en, in, God.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Then you need to explain this:

"This differs from the panentheistic view that all is within God, where God is perceived as both transcendent and immanent."

I do not consider either the pantheist nor the panentheist view to be 'all is within God.'
That's how the word syntax works for panentheism. All, pan, en, in, God.

The syntax of the word does lead one to the definition, but as in this case it is incomplete and may be misleading.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
What are the differences between Panentheism and Pantheism and why it does matter? One difference I see is that of monists beliefs vs a dualist type belief. Dualism being something that separates the body from the mind. The Panentheists would be claiming a mind body duality of God.
Thought it was simpler: God is the same material as what the reality is made from (pantheist) or God is more advanced than what the reality is made from (panentheist).

Since having a perspective from my NDE's quantum physics; reality is all code working in different ways in a multiple dimensional quantum physics matrix, this architecture is manifest by the CPU.

The CPU is a part of reality, and yet is beyond all the other dimensions; which are all just code...

So to me there is no monism, as only the transcended soul can access certain dimensions beyond matter, and there is no dualism, as everything is all code, where only the ego driven (physical mind) will see everything as separate.

In my opinion.
:innocent: