• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palestinian Muslims convert to Judaism (video)

TommyDar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om9xF4eRTp4

From the video description:

A big number of Palestinian Muslims have decided to convert from Islam to Judaism. Barukh HaShem. Besides the fact that some are aware of their Jewish ancestry, a increased number of Palestinian Muslims in cities such as Hebron and Shekhem (Nablus) have converted back to Judaism and Samaritanism as well as learning the truth in Judaism and the Torah. Because of their fear of Hamas persecuting them for accepting the one and only G-d, where all prophets are equally loved by him in Judaism, many of them practice secretly in their homes, other have gone to live in Israel. G-d bless them and guide them to Torah learning. Amen

Shermana

Heretic

A big number of Palestinian Muslims have decided to convert from Islam to Judaism. Barukh HaShem. Besides the fact that some are aware of their Jewish ancestry, a increased number of Palestinian Muslims in cities such as Hebron and Shekhem (Nablus) have converted back to Judaism and Samaritanism as well as learning the truth in Judaism and the Torah. Because of their fear of Hamas persecuting them for accepting the one and only G-d, where all prophets are equally loved by him in Judaism, many of them practice secretly in their homes, other have gone to live in Israel. G-d bless them and guide them to Torah learning. Amen

It is a shame that so many cannot embrace their Hebrew roots without being persecuted, we can only hope that more and more of the Palestinians who are in fact descended from Jews will be able to adopt what they truly are without fear of the reprecussions.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
I wonder how they feel being persecuted by Hamas AND Israelis?

Like as if many Jews will just accept them without suspicion. Seem Arabs can't even ride buses without stares.

TommyDar

Why then did you say G-d bless if you don't believe in God? Just curious.

I copied and pasted it from the video description on youtube.

Like as if many Jews will just accept them without suspicion. Seem Arabs can't even ride buses without stares.
People would probably just assume that they're Sephardi Jews. There are also Jews from Iraq, Yemen, and other Arabic-speaking countries.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

I own a wonderful Qur'an with translation and commentary by an ex-Jew. And then, of course, we have Abraham Maimonides.

The OP is as silly as it is hypocritical.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Semetic ethnic roots are so mixed I do not know where to start. Arab Jews and Jewish Muslims do not surprise me. The ethnic backgrounds have such blurred lines now it is hard to understand why people fight over there.
This video is filled with useless propaganda along with obvious facts. It seems as if the video subliminally is trying to divide Arabs/Muslims from Jews/Israelis. What a shame.

TommyDar

I own a wonderful Qur'an with translation and commentary by an ex-Jew. And then, of course, we have Abraham Maimonides.

The OP is as silly as it is hypocritical.

How is it hypocritical? The Muslims are always making videos on how people converted to Islam as religious propaganda.

I thought that it was wonderful that they had the courage to convert to Judaism. In a place where even converting to Christianity gets you the stoned to death or beheaded, it is even harder to become Jewish.

F0uad

How is it hypocritical? The Muslims are always making videos on how people converted to Islam as religious propaganda.

I thought that it was wonderful that they had the courage to convert to Judaism. In a place where even converting to Christianity gets you the stoned to death or beheaded, it is even harder to become Jewish.

Which places? Saudi and Iran right?

Gurtej

Well I hope Muslims are strong enough to accept this and be kind to these converts..
After all there is no compulsion in islam

TommyDar

Well I hope Muslims are strong enough to accept this and be kind to these converts..
After all there is no compulsion in islam

It's doubtful. Now that the news is out, they might be hunted down and lynched by an angry mob.

When have you ever heard news of Islam peacefully allowing people to leave? It's always either stoning, hanging, burning down their houses, or something alike. After all such behavior is written by the Koran.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
In recent years there are people and communities around the world who reveal their Jewish roots. For example Spanish Jews who discover that their community was forced to accept Christianity during the Inquisition. Some of these people and groups now study and adopt the Jewish way of life. Given, that it seems that in this case many of the Bedouin and Palestinians were already aware of their Jewish roots.
I've met several Palestinians who told me that their tribe was forcefully converted from Judaism to Islam when they were still living in Saudi Arabia.
People tend to look at an Islamic Middle East, and at Judaism and Christianity as solely Western. But all theses religions are rooted in the Middle East and there are still ancient communities who practice these faiths, in addition while Islam swept through the region, several groups have been able to preserve their ancient faiths. While Islam is the most common religion in the Middle East, and many ancient religions and traditions disappeared, we can still see that Jews have always existed in the Middle East before Islam and after Islam, in addition to Christians, small Gnostic groups in Iraq, a small Zoroastrian community who survived the Sassanid conversion to Islam and Samaritans.
Archaeology reveals to us a diverse world of Classical, Egyptian, Jewish, and even Buddhist cultures and centers existing in the region in pre Islamic times.
One side of my family possibly lived among the Berber and Maghreb community of North Africa from pre Islamic times while never adopting Islam.

TommyDar

Caladan, can you tell me if the surname "Jacobs" is a common surname among Dutch Jews?

I had one Dutch ancestor (the Dutch ruled Indonesia in th 1800's), and I've heard that many Jewish people were active in the shipping trade during that time. All we know is that he converted to Islam to marry into our family, but we don't know his religion prior to that.