• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pakistan blasphemy riots: Dozens arrested after Hindu teacher accused

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Well on global average only approximately 31% of Muslims support the death penalty for apostasy so I just assume the other 69% have a more peaceful interpretation of Islam.

My personal experience is that Muslims are not all agreed on which Hadith are genuine, so I would assume that by virtue of having different scriptures (Hadith) they are different Islams

Hi Daniel,

It would be helpful for me to know where the 31% statistic is coming from. Thanks,

whirlingmerc

‘Dozens of people have been arrested in Pakistan after a teenager accused his Hindu headteacher of blasphemy, sparking riots.

The principal, who owns the school, was accused of making comments about the Prophet Muhammad in Sindh province.

A large mob then allegedly attacked a Hindu temple, shops and the school in the town of Ghotki on Saturday.

The principal is now in custody facing blasphemy charges. If found guilty, he could face the death penalty.

The rioters have also been charged under the blasphemy act, according to BBC reporters in Pakistan. However, they face a lesser charge of attacking a temple which does not carry the possibility of a death sentence.’

Read more here: www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-49714196

An unproven accusation true or not in some places can lead to a great deal of harm.

Is it godly and just? Does not appear so.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"Islamabad: A show of interfaith harmony was seen in Ghotki on Tuesday when hundreds of locals, mostly Muslims, took to the streets to express solidarity with the Hindu community.
How does that help when the deed is done? Like Muslims showing their solidarity with Americans after 9/11. It shows that in spite of being Muslims, they are human. Humanity is not yet totally lost.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
How does that help when the deed is done? Like Muslims showing their solidarity with Americans after 9/11. It shows that in spite of being Muslims, they are human. Humanity is not yet totally lost.
It's not helpful. It's hopeful.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It has been 1,387 years of hope, but it is still the same. If the minorities are under your control, treat them in any despicable way you want, if you are in minority, create mayhem, don't let the others live in peace.

"aah ko chahiye ek umar asar hone tak
kaun jeeta hai teri zulf ke sar hone tak?"

(It would take a lifetime of sighs affect the heart of the beloved. Who knows who will live so long so see this fructify.)

"ham ne maanā ki taġāful na karoge lekin
ḳhaak ho jā.eñge ham tum ko ḳhabar hone tak"

(I know you will not be indifferent to me, but I will be turned to dust by the time you come to know of it.)

Mirza Asadullah Khan 'ġalib'

Last edited: