• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pacemaker on Monday

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Wow, things have really been falling into place!

The OR has decided to make a lot of changes to the procedure to make this easier for me. I'm imagining the OR getting my chart and going "OMGWTFBBQ! SHE'S 19?!" Maybe if I push my luck they'll even throw in a pony! :D

They've moved my surgery to the morning on Monday because they're going to be doing anesthesia. It's just going to be a light one so I'm not fully out but I probably won't remember much. I am eternally grateful for this. The thought of going into this awake was about to do me in.

But, now that they're going to be doing anesthesia I probably won't be back as soon as I would have without. Anesthesia makes me really sick. :(

I'm going to give Booko a call as soon as I'm able to after the surgery and she'll post an update on RF. If anyone else wants me to call them, too, and entertain me as I'm throwing up feel free to send me a PM or whatnot with your number.

Thanks for all the support, everyone! <3

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Awww, sweetie. Our thoughts will be with you. I'm sending you a big, squishy hug right this minute. muah! :hug: God be with you.

ayani

good luck with this Khalila, and Allah bless you, and keep you safe! please feel better soon dear, and i'll pray for you.

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
This is now a very routine procedure. You're young, and that is a BIG plus here.

And when it's over, you're going to be young AND strong.

But stay away from microwaves.

Hit the button and run! :)

x

lunamoth

Will to love
Best wishes and hope all goes well! :flower2:

We 'll be looking for the update from Booko.

:hug:

luna

lizskid

BANNED
Prayers and energies to you! All will go well, sounds like the OR is working with you very well. Can't wait to see you back!

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
My thoughts and prayers will be with you, Khalila. I'll be watching for Sharon's post and will be looking forward to seeing one from you again. :)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Wow, things have really been falling into place!

The OR has decided to make a lot of changes to the procedure to make this easier for me. I'm imagining the OR getting my chart and going "OMGWTFBBQ! SHE'S 19?!" Maybe if I push my luck they'll even throw in a pony! :D

They've moved my surgery to the morning on Monday because they're going to be doing anesthesia. It's just going to be a light one so I'm not fully out but I probably won't remember much. I am eternally grateful for this. The thought of going into this awake was about to do me in.

But, now that they're going to be doing anesthesia I probably won't be back as soon as I would have without. Anesthesia makes me really sick. :(

I'm going to give Booko a call as soon as I'm able to after the surgery and she'll post an update on RF. If anyone else wants me to call them, too, and entertain me as I'm throwing up feel free to send me a PM or whatnot with your number.

Thanks for all the support, everyone! <3

Good luck with the op; I am sorry to hear you don't "get on with anasthetics"......Marie is the same. When she had her surgery in a day ward, she was due out at 5pm; I had to wait until eight o'clock to take her out - in a wheel chair with one of those wonderful cardboard hats, just in case.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Hi everyone, Khalila called and said the operation was unsuccessful. :( She was on the operating table for two hours and (from what she's telling me) the wires kept slipping in ways they weren't supposed to and it just didn't work. She's at home now and resting a lot and said she probably won't be up and online for a while.

lunamoth

Will to love
Hi everyone, Khalila called and said the operation was unsuccessful. :( She was on the operating table for two hours and (from what she's telling me) the wires kept slipping in ways they weren't supposed to and it just didn't work. She's at home now and resting a lot and said she probably won't be up and online for a while.

Oh, that is unfortunate news. :( Thank you for the update Jaymes, and if you speak to her again please give her my best wishes.

Booko

Deviled Hen

Oh! You beat me to the thread, Jaymes. I got called away for a bit over a kitten rescue.

Anyway, I spoke to Khalila today also, and she said they couldn't insert the wire because of some scar tissue there, but that the doctor was going to try again, maybe in a couple of weeks, and was hopeful.

She sounded pretty tired when I spoke to her late this afternoon. I'm glad she's at home and resting now. It sounds like it was quite an ordeal. She was awake that 2 hours too. :cover:

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Khalila just called me again and told me that she went to the hospital again this morning because she was throwing up and was in a lot of pain, and they said that spinal fluid was leaking out of her spine. She said if she doesn't feel better soon they're going to have to take some of her blood and inject it in the area to stop the fluid from leaking out. :(