• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outlawing Homosexuality Farcical

night912

The Baha’i Faith has no such law.

I'm sorry, but it's early morning and I haven't drank my cup of coffee yet and forgot to post the details.

So here it is:

Iran: In accordance with sharia law, homosexual intercourse between men can be punished by death, and men can be flogged for lesser acts such as kissing. Women may be flogged.

Nigeria: Federal law classifies homosexual behavior as a felony punishable by imprisonment, but several states have adopted sharia law and imposed a death penalty for men. A law signed in early January makes it illegal for gay people countrywide to hold a meeting or form clubs. Source

*** But the important detail is what's written below, specifically the last line in bold***

The Bahá’í teachings forbid any sexual relations outside of marriage. “Ye are forbidden to commit adultery, sodomy and lechery. Avoid them, O concourse of the faithful,” Bahá’u’lláh states. In letters written on his behalf, Shoghi Effendi has provided the following guidance:

Concerning your question whether there are any legitimate forms of expression of the sex instinct outside of marriage: according to the Bahá’í Teachings no sexual act can be considered lawful unless performed between lawfully married persons. Outside of marital life there can be no lawful or healthy use of the sex impulse…

And:

The Bahá’í Teachings on this matter, which is of such vital concern and about which there is such a wide divergency of views, are very clear and emphatic. Briefly stated the Bahá’í conception of sex is based on the belief that chastity should be strictly practised by both sexes, not only because it is in itself highly commendable ethically, but also due to its being the only way to a happy and successful marital life. Sex relationships of any form outside marriage are not permissible therefore, and whoso violates this rule will not only be responsible to God, but will incur the necessary punishment from society.

You did say that 'from YOUR side of the fence the Prophets of God ARE the Moral Benchmarks or Compasses,' and that, 'like a good doctor, they know what harms and benefits us.'

Unless if you don't believe that
Bahá’u’lláh is a prophet of God and/or he is wrong. ;)

night912

It’s God’s Words. People are free to disagree with God if they wish to do so. God is All Knowing and All Wise. Do you know more than God? I don’t that’s why I don’t question His wisdom.

The wise don't think that they know more than god and/or possesses knowledge near his, so they question the teachings of those who claim to be messengers of god to see if it really is the wisdom of god. The unwise think that they know just as much and/or possesses some knowledge similar to him, therefore believing that they are right, so they don't question the teachings of those who claim to be messengers of god thinking that it's really the wisdom of god.

The wise sees wisdom in someone asking them questions in order to learn what is the truth. The wise sees no wisdom in someone who does not ask questions about what is the truth and only accept what they've been told.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I'm sorry, but it's early morning and I haven't drank my cup of coffee yet and forgot to post the details.

So here it is:

Iran: In accordance with sharia law, homosexual intercourse between men can be punished by death, and men can be flogged for lesser acts such as kissing. Women may be flogged.

Nigeria: Federal law classifies homosexual behavior as a felony punishable by imprisonment, but several states have adopted sharia law and imposed a death penalty for men. A law signed in early January makes it illegal for gay people countrywide to hold a meeting or form clubs. Source

*** But the important detail is what's written below, specifically the last line in bold***

The Bahá’í teachings forbid any sexual relations outside of marriage. “Ye are forbidden to commit adultery, sodomy and lechery. Avoid them, O concourse of the faithful,” Bahá’u’lláh states. In letters written on his behalf, Shoghi Effendi has provided the following guidance:

Concerning your question whether there are any legitimate forms of expression of the sex instinct outside of marriage: according to the Bahá’í Teachings no sexual act can be considered lawful unless performed between lawfully married persons. Outside of marital life there can be no lawful or healthy use of the sex impulse…

And:

The Bahá’í Teachings on this matter, which is of such vital concern and about which there is such a wide divergency of views, are very clear and emphatic. Briefly stated the Bahá’í conception of sex is based on the belief that chastity should be strictly practised by both sexes, not only because it is in itself highly commendable ethically, but also due to its being the only way to a happy and successful marital life. Sex relationships of any form outside marriage are not permissible therefore, and whoso violates this rule will not only be responsible to God, but will incur the necessary punishment from society.

You did say that 'from YOUR side of the fence the Prophets of God ARE the Moral Benchmarks or Compasses,' and that, 'like a good doctor, they know what harms and benefits us.'

Unless if you don't believe that
Bahá’u’lláh is a prophet of God and/or he is wrong. ;)

These are laws which apply to Baha’is only and is in the future. I anticipate it will be a fine as one of the punishments for adultery is a fine. Only crimes such as rape or pedophilia may incur harsher penalties but homosexuality is not considered a crime so a fine at most and only Baha’is.

“one of His Tablets, ‘Abdu’l-Bahá refers to some of the spiritual and social implications of the violation of the laws of morality and, concerning the penalty here described, He indicates that the aim of this law is to make clear to all that such an action is shameful in the eyes of God and that, in the event that the offence can be established and the fine imposed, the principal purpose is the exposure of the offenders—that they are shamed and disgraced in the eyes of society. He affirms that such exposure is in itself the greatest punishment.”

Excerpt from
The Kitab-i-Aqdas
Bahá’u’lláh

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
These are laws which apply to Baha’is only and is in the future. I anticipate it will be a fine as one of the punishments for adultery is a fine. Only crimes such as rape or pedophilia may incur harsher penalties but homosexuality is not considered a crime so a fine at most and only Baha’is.

“one of His Tablets, ‘Abdu’l-Bahá refers to some of the spiritual and social implications of the violation of the laws of morality and, concerning the penalty here described, He indicates that the aim of this law is to make clear to all that such an action is shameful in the eyes of God and that, in the event that the offence can be established and the fine imposed, the principal purpose is the exposure of the offenders—that they are shamed and disgraced in the eyes of society. He affirms that such exposure is in itself the greatest punishment.”

Excerpt from
The Kitab-i-Aqdas
Bahá’u’lláh
A fine for normal behavior? What's next? Fining kids for climbing a tree? The social science of today's world has proven over and over again that homosexuality is part of the diversity that is normal human behavior. I thought you guys were supposed to be progressive.

What century are you living in?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
The wise don't think that they know more than god and/or possesses knowledge near his, so they question the teachings of those who claim to be messengers of god to see if it really is the wisdom of god. The unwise think that they know just as much and/or possesses some knowledge similar to him, therefore believing that they are right, so they don't question the teachings of those who claim to be messengers of god thinking that it's really the wisdom of god.

The wise sees wisdom in someone asking them questions in order to learn what is the truth. The wise sees no wisdom in someone who does not ask questions about what is the truth and only accept what they've been told.

I can only say that from my investigation I have established that Baha’u’llah is the Promised One foretold by all religions and that once having established His Station, I accept He has a mandate as Judge and Lawgiver of mankind.

Others who have not investigated this matter understandably will differ.

This is Who I believe Him to be…..

“the One Whom posterity will acclaim, and Whom innumerable followers already recognize, as the Judge, the Lawgiver and Redeemer of all mankind, as the Organizer of the entire planet, as the Unifier of the children of men, as the Inaugurator of the long-awaited millennium, as the Originator of a new "Universal Cycle," as the Establisher of the Most Great Peace, as the Fountain of the Most Great Justice, as the Proclaimer of the coming of age of the entire human race, as the Creator of a new World Order, and as the Inspirer and Founder of a world civilization.

To Israel He was neither more nor less than the incarnation of the "Everlasting Father," the "Lord of Hosts" come down "with ten thousands of saints"; to Christendom Christ returned "in the glory of the Father," to Shí'ah Islám the return of the Imám Husayn; to Sunní Islám the descent of the "Spirit of God" (Jesus Christ); to the Zoroastrians the promised Sháh-Bahrám; to the Hindus the reincarnation of Krishna; to the Buddhists the fifth Buddha.

God Passes By
Shoghi Effendi

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
A fine for normal behavior? What's next? Fining kids for climbing a tree? The social science of today's world has proven over and over again that homosexuality is part of the diversity that is normal human behavior. I thought you guys were supposed to be progressive.

That’s only my speculation based on adultery being punishable by a fine. It might not even be that at all as it’s not considered a crime. As it’s a Baha’i law only, and being a Baha’i is voluntary, it’s up to the individual whether they want to stay Baha’is or not.

night912

Excerpt from
The Kitab-i-Aqdas
Bahá’u’lláh
Hahaha.
You've just admitted that you believe that Bahá’u’lláh, the founder of your religion and the self proclaimed messenger of God and/or God's "DIVINE CHOSEN TRANSLATOR" of the teachings of God's messenger, Shoghi Effendi is lying and/or wrong. Or you've just admitted that you're an immoral person who believes that it's justified for a person from Iran and/or parts of Nigeria to get the death penalty just for being gay.

It's disgusting to see someone making up excuses after using evidence to demonstrate that they believe it's morally justified for two IRANIAN and/or NIGERIAN HOMOSEXUAL men to be sentenced with the death penalty just for having sex with each other. To lie that the punishment was just a simple fine, when it's already been shown as a fact, that the punishment is the death penalty, is just straight up dishonest. And as if his hatred of homosexuals isn't enough, he has the audacity to give himself the screen name of, "loverofhumanity" is just insulting to humanity itself. And to even claim that his beliefs are based on teachings of those who supposedly knows what harms and benefits humanity? What joke.

Jesus who blatantly misleads ... ..."I didn't come to destroy but to fulfill" which is a phrase which makes no grammatical sense. Nobody fulfills laws....

Sorry, I disagree with you. I don’t think Jesus misleads. And about the “fulfilling law”. The law is basically, love God and love neighbor. One fulfills that by living by it, meaning, when one loves others as told in the law, he fulfills it. In this case I think fulfills can be understood as, executes (which is one translation for the original word), put in practice.

Replace all the words referring to homosexuals with a word that represents a race, or an ethnicity, and then re-evaluate.
... ...It you want to kill somebody for being who they are, then in my book it's hate.

Replacing the words would make no sense. And I don’t think I said anyone should be killed because of what they are.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry, I disagree with you. I don’t think Jesus misleads. And about the “fulfilling law”. The law is basically, love God and love neighbor. One fulfills that by living by it, meaning, when one loves others as told in the law, he fulfills it. In this case I think fulfills can be understood as, executes (which is one translation for the original word), put in practice.
It is Ok to disagree. That is because we walk in the light and are not the light ourselves. I think if anyone claims to have it figured out they are a liar, and the truth is not in them. Anyone who is always perfect in doctrine and in what they say would have to be perfect, but no one is. Therefore I infer no one has correct doctrine and all have wrong ideas. This confession of sin is very important, and by it I break bread with you.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Yes, the action. I didn’t speak about people, but about the action.

No one has been speaking about anyone's actions.
One would expect heterosexuals to act like heterosexuals
And homosexuals to act like homosexuals.
Both love their partners equally.

If you are talking about anal sex, then that is performed by both heterosexual and homosexual couples. As is oral and manual sex. But nothing is obligatory.

Where does the disgusting come into this. No one is expecting you to watch their private lovemaking or join in.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
In that case I think they should not be called homosexuals.

Sexual orientation is in your brain, not your genitals. Heteros also have sex with the same gender sometimes, but they are still hetero. What about "lesbians until graduation?" College girls don't want to risk pregnancy, so they have relationships with other girls until they get their degree, then date guys, like they did prior to college. They are still hetero. Girls often have crushes on older girls before they start getting involved with guys. They are still hetero too.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Teachers would often punish left handed people and try to make them right handed. People punish all kinds of innate qualities. It's sad.