• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outlawing Homosexuality Farcical

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Can you? Of course you can but why? Are you attempting to reproduce maximally?

If you:
  • have leisure time
  • don't take every opportunity to reproduce
  • masturbate
  • eat food for flavor rather than for maximal nutrition
  • sleep more than is needed
  • believe that each child needs an amount of attention which is individual to their case
  • don't adopt orphans whenever you can
  • don't donate to orphanages
  • don't live in an orderly and systematic fashion
  • take stimulants or depressants
  • overindulge
  • support war in any way
Why would you even spare a thought for outlawing homosexuality? Its simply not as important as any of the above, not in a religious sense.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
The ones shouting loudest are the ones
who cant admit to themselves that they are
in the closet
Often true, and in any group one or two finds themselves unable to be like everyone else. Its a lonely journey. Sometimes self loathing is the result, but it can easily be turned outwards.

Sometimes its not ourselves but society we are disgusted with, and then we look for causes. That's another common cause.

A third cause is mental disorder, but someone has already pointed that out. I once worked with a man who talked to invisible people, and he alleged to me that a lot of men everywhere were secretly gay. This concerned him as did the invisible people. True story. I suppose he felt surrounded and paranoid about it, but I don't know. I don't know what his thoughts were, only the things he said.

Sometimes it is hate. We love to hate, and hopefully we aren't hating on purpose and without reason. Have you ever wondered what, besides teamwork, is so attractive about sports? Hate. Hate is one of its jewels. It depends on the sport, but you get to hate the other team a little bit.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Often true, and in any group one or two finds themselves unable to be like everyone else. Its a lonely journey. Sometimes self loathing is the result, but it can easily be turned outwards.

Sometimes its not ourselves but society we are disgusted with, and then we look for causes. That's another common cause.

A third cause is mental disorder, but someone has already pointed that out. I once worked with a man who talked to invisible people, and he alleged to me that a lot of men everywhere were secretly gay. This concerned him as did the invisible people. True story. I suppose he felt surrounded and paranoid about it, but I don't know. I don't know what his thoughts were, only the things he said.

Sometimes it is hate. We love to hate, and hopefully we aren't hating on purpose and without reason. Have you ever wondered what, besides teamwork, is so attractive about sports? Hate. Hate is one of its jewels. It depends on the sport, but you get to hate the other team a little bit.

Nice insights. I think in entire cultures that promote homophobia, it would be much harder to have change. There is peer pressure all around, and if you did say anything tolerant you'd be accused of being a sympathizer, or perhaps aiding and abetting. Really, the only choice, as a gay person, would be to move, and I'm sure many have. If it isn't already, it would definitely be grounds for declaring yourself a refugee. Not sure about our laws on that.

Individuals in more tolerant societies do change, and often it's because they get to know a gay person, and come to the realisation that it's nothing to be concerned about. I know a couple of employers that changed out of homophobia because of that. Then again, maybe they just grew up.

Why would you even spare a thought for outlawing homosexuality? ...

I think it is interesting why the subject is nowadays so big. I can understand why modern governments want to support it in every way. World is led by people who want to decrease the number of people. For that is useful to promote homosexual life style, because then people will get less children and are also more suggestible for governments ruling. It seems homosexual people support more tyranny and fascism, maybe because for them government is like dad. They don’t have the same family unit as heterosexual people and government seems to be substitute to it for them.

But, my answer to the question to: Why would you even spare a thought for outlawing homosexuality? I thought it, because you asked it. I don’t think it is necessary to outlaw it (the homosexual act). I think it would be good, if people would just understand why it is detestible (disgusting):

You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman. That is detestible.
Lev. 18:22

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Can you? Of course you can but why? Are you attempting to reproduce maximally?

If you:
  • have leisure time
  • don't take every opportunity to reproduce
  • masturbate
  • eat food for flavor rather than for maximal nutrition
  • sleep more than is needed
  • believe that each child needs an amount of attention which is individual to their case
  • don't adopt orphans whenever you can
  • don't donate to orphanages
  • don't live in an orderly and systematic fashion
  • take stimulants or depressants
  • overindulge
  • support war in any way
Why would you even spare a thought for outlawing homosexuality? Its simply not as important as any of the above, not in a religious sense.

For me, the opposition to homosexuality can only be explained by the opposer being bisexual herself. Or homosexual. Definitely not a heterosexual.

For, if homosexuality is a choice, than only the ones who believe we can really choose our sexual orientation must be bisexual. No serious heterosexual believes he chose to be heterosexual at any point in time, for the simple reason that there were no biological alternative available.

and if it is not a choice, then it would be morally reprehensible to criticize it. To discriminate it. To disapprove it. Since we are addressing adults making their sexual decisions out of free will, and without affecting the others whatsoever.

ergo, either are the opposers of homosexuality bisexuals themselves , or they are inherently immoral.or both, of course.

ciao

- viole

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think it would be good, if people would just understand why it is detestible (disgusting):

Just because you have an ancient book of primitive superstitions saying it's disgusting doesn't mean it actually is.
For that is useful to promote homosexual life style, because then people will get less children and are also more suggestible for governments ruling. It seems homosexual people support more tyranny and fascism, maybe because for them government is like dad. They don’t have the same family unit as heterosexual people and government seems to be substitute to it for them.
You've not really known many gay people have you?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Just because you have an ancient book of primitive superstitions saying it's disgusting doesn't mean it actually is.

You've not really known many gay people have you?

Many years ago I had a student in Grade 8 who liked to use 'disgusting' to prove his masculinity. Although in retrospect, I probably shouldn't have said it, (as it may have caused more problems for the young man) I did say that usually the most vocal homophobes were gays themselves, trying to prove to their peers that they aren't gay. A couple of other students (who trusted me on such things) did look at him curiously. He did come out at around age 25.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I think it is interesting why the subject is nowadays so big. I can understand why modern governments want to support it in every way. World is led by people who want to decrease the number of people. For that is useful to promote homosexual life style, because then people will get less children and are also more suggestible for governments ruling. It seems homosexual people support more tyranny and fascism, maybe because for them government is like dad. They don’t have the same family unit as heterosexual people and government seems to be substitute to it for them.

But, my answer to the question to: Why would you even spare a thought for outlawing homosexuality? I thought it, because you asked it. I don’t think it is necessary to outlaw it (the homosexual act). I think it would be good, if people would just understand why it is detestible (disgusting):

Not sure if this forum allows hate speech.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The haters in the closet?

They wont
It's actually a sad story they lodge themselves in the closet because their religion poisons them. The more they deny it and bash gays, the more poison that gets pumped in. Pray to god for relief, but it never comes. So the poison starts to get injected in larger does.
I can only hope they find their lifeline out of it, whatever that may be. I can promise them life gets better without that toxic crap.

Last edited:

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Gay people aren't infertile just because they are gay. If the entire world became gay tomorrow, the world would still be fine. Even if somehow surrogacy technology had been lost, gays have been making babies the old fashioned way since the dawn of time.

As for the facism/tyranny part, it's evangelicals aspiring to a tyrannical theocratic world where all opposed are destroyed and/or tortured, not gay people.

Historical fascist governments have famously been anti-lgbt because it's much easier to pair fanatical nationalism with a conservative fundamentalist traditionalism. They also tend to be misogynist, xenophobic and vilify any left libertarian groups.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I think it is interesting why the subject is nowadays so big. I can understand why modern governments want to support it in every way. World is led by people who want to decrease the number of people. For that is useful to promote homosexual life style, because then people will get less children and are also more suggestible for governments ruling. It seems homosexual people support more tyranny and fascism, maybe because for them government is like dad. They don’t have the same family unit as heterosexual people and government seems to be substitute to it for t

Your whole post is unsympathetic towards homosexuals. The problems that they have are all related to the attitude you are presenting.

Most of them are able live perfectly normal work and private family lives, in exactly the same way you and I are. In some jurisdictions, they have shown that they can live and raise happy families just as heterosexual couples do.

Your proposition that they are detestable (disgusting) reflects your own state of mind and opinion, not shared by the majority of us today. It is an attitude inherited from the past and more repressed times.
Fortunately the enlightenment on sexual matters has reached a large proportion of the world population, and the societies and laws reflect this new appreciation of the rights of all sexualities.

You clearly represent a remnant of this old repressed way of thinking, fortunately it is now being overtaken by a more thoughtful and inclusive way of respecting humanity. Including acceptance by a majority of Churches

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Nice insights. I think in entire cultures that promote homophobia, it would be much harder to have change. There is peer pressure all around, and if you did say anything tolerant you'd be accused of being a sympathizer, or perhaps aiding and abetting. Really, the only choice, as a gay person, would be to move, and I'm sure many have. If it isn't already, it would definitely be grounds for declaring yourself a refugee. Not sure about our laws on that.
I think it happens where sex cannot be discussed anywhere. Sometimes things get so bad that people get married and don't know what sex is. British culture went through a phase like that. So did US culture. I've heard of other cultures around the world going through such phases of extremes. They swing extremely sexual or extremely asexual sometimes. My theory tentatively is that when there is too much sex in the culture then people suffer so there is a reaction, but when there is too little discussion or knowledge of sex people suffer. They don't know what to do. They can't advice, and its because the culture has gone in an extreme direction. Its almost like brains go in and out of fashion when it comes to anything sexual or any sexual knowledge.

Individuals in more tolerant societies do change, and often it's because they get to know a gay person, and come to the realisation that it's nothing to be concerned about. I know a couple of employers that changed out of homophobia because of that. Then again, maybe they just grew up.
In my opinion there are no tolerant societies, not in the long run. Prove me wrong.

There is a reaction to almost complete suppression of sexuality. I read a book (copyright 1910) about marriage in the US, and the author talked about people they knew who had gotten married and only afterwards heard about sex. They literally had never heard of it. This was the fault of the churches by the way. Cultural extremes lead to cultural reactions. When the tent of the presence moves you follow the tent. It doesn't follow you. What happened was the tent moved and the churches didn't, and now gay people are bleeding and hurting and calling out for help. The civil authorities are having to respond.

I'm not Jewish. If you feel that the whole world should become Jewish then I understand, but otherwise I do not. Things the Jews have been told are detestable are not considered detestable in the NT. How is this possible? It is based upon an interpretation of things spoken in the major and the minor Jewish prophets. Christians no longer follow the Levitical priests and instead have a priest without lineage. So where in Ezekiel 44:23 it says "They are to teach my people the difference between the clean and the unclean" this does not apply to Christians. How are Christians to know what is clean or what is unclean? To his disciples Jesus plainly states he will not teach them everything but that instead they will be taught by the holy spirit. So if we are his disciples, then we are to be taught by the holy spirit with which we must fill ourselves. In Acts there is an example of just how extreme this decision is. Peter is told in a vision "Rise up, kill and eat" and "Do not call unclean that which I have made clean." This goes entirely counter to Leviticus 18:22 yet Peter is told this by Jesus. So for Christians Leviticus 18:22 is not directly addressing us.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
By the way @1213 I empathize, because there are a lot of passages in scripture which either talk about this topic or mistakenly appear to. For example there is the story of Sodom and Gomorah. There are other passages, too; but take care. These are not always what they seem.