• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oujia boards.

Kcnorwood

I was wondering how many of you have used or do use a Oujia board?
I know there is some hype if they even work, it's been my experence that if you bulid one you have a better chance of it working then you would buying a new one. If you have used one I'd love to hear of your experences from them.

I haven't owned one in years just because I believe that if you do not close them you can let something into your home.

What say you?

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I haven't used one. I'm not sure what to think about them actually letting something in, but I'm not about to experiment with something like that, there are some things that are better left undone.

blackout

Violet.
I dowsed god for answers with a pendulum for a season,
when I desperately needed answers.

I was answered instead in an epiphony of sorts.
I never felt the need to dowse again.

Of course the (pendulim) answers could have been either my own,
or the Universe speaking through me.
It's much more beautiful though I find,
when the Universe speaks through itself,
and of it's own accord.

I imagine you could "program"/"dedicate" a new Ouiji board
just like I did with my pendulum.
Giving permissions of who may and may not answer.

I think much differently now though.
Probably it's mostly just an unnecessary waste of time
searching out answers letter by letter,
when the answers are all around us anyway.

But why be superstitious? Try it if you feel led.
See what happens.

~Vi~

Last edited:

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
Giving permissions of who may and may not answer.
Please help me learn about these beliefs: What is the basis for believing that the spirit world is bound by human permission? Also, do spirits view a Ouija board kind of like a chat room? I'm struggling to understand the need for a device.

blackout

Violet.
Please help me learn about these beliefs: What is the basis for believing that the spirit world is bound by human permission? Also, do spirits view a Ouija board kind of like a chat room? I'm struggling to understand the need for a device.

LOL! I love the way you think Jerry.

Honestly I do not know.
All I know is my pendulum dowsing experience was an interesting one.
At that time in my life,
I was still losing my Roman Catholicism,
dropping one superstition at a time.
I wanted answers from God alone,
so that was all I gave "permission" for.
Then I just trusted it was so.
Because at the time, it was what I needed to do.

But now I would say,
even if I am accessing answers from my deeper self,
in connection with the Living Sentient Universe (ie "god"),
through a pendulum (or a board)
it takes way too long,
and can consume much of your time...

just like internet chat rooms often do. :D

And even there, you can't really be sure who'se answering you. :flirt: ;)

Last edited:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I don't believe in that sort of thing, but I have played with one. My older sister bought one once at a mall around Chicago when we were on a high school field trip, and then we played with it. :D Of course, even if they do work, I doubt the one she bought would have, since it was just a store bought one... It was entertaining for a few minutes, but we were just moving the little thing ourselves for fun, since it wouldn't do anything on it's own. I got bored of it rather quickly.

used it at friends house, its no fun when sober but when drunk it starts getting more fun

ps. ghosts like beer

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin

Some believe that the Ouiji board is a portal to the "other side", and those that inhabit the other side can communicate to the players of the board. There are some very interesting stories involving Ouiji boards, but like almost anything else, they should be taken with a block of salt.

Kcnorwood

I haven't used one. I'm not sure what to think about them actually letting something in, but I'm not about to experiment with something like that, there are some things that are better left undone.

I agree I think if you going looking for things you know you shouldn't you might just find them. Or they will find you.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I'd like to let some ghosts into my house, but I don't believe in them... If I did though, I'd try to get them to come visit me. :D I took a picture of a ghost once. If I had a photoscanner I'd show you, but I haven't got one. It's cool. I don't think it really is a ghost though. If I believed in ghosts, however, I'd think it was a ghost. :D

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
I haven't used an Oija board but my boyfriend has one and he's used it on occasion but only when he felt it necessary, due to a pressing question or another matter like the supposed minor haunting that happened in the girls bathroom at the local boys and girls club where he used to work. It turns out that, while we do believe there is a spirit who takes up residence there the hauntings themselves(mainly just odd noises) were practical jokes done by the older girls. I was never in on the sessions though. I want to try it out but he's very cautious about using it, as am I. After all if it's fake then we aren't wasting our time, if it's real then if we were to use it nonchalantly we could end up angering a spirit or drawing in a mischievous prankster or the like, an experience I would sooner avoid

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I have never used a Ouija board, and would never use one......I think it could bring uninvited guests into your home. And I don't mean mother in laws.....:D

Draka

Wonder Woman
I have used them since I was a child with my mother, who also used them since she was a child with her mother. I have used them throughout my life, with many different people, in many different places too. I have never had anything "come through" as in sticking around and haunting or other such gobbeldy gook. I have had many interesting experiences with them and have even had some people get very scared because of the odd things that would either be communicated or physically happen while using the board.

They do indeed work if you have the proper mindset for them. If you treat it like a game then you shouldn't expect anything real out of it. Take it seriously and you will get serious results...and not always what you might be wanting or even prepared for. The type of board isn't really that important either. You can buy one from the store or make one out of posterboard on your table. It is you that makes the difference, not the means of communication.

Ciarin

Pass the mead!
If by "work" you mean using the ideomotor response of a group of people to spell out messages on a board then yea. Otherwise, it doesn't work.

Draka

Wonder Woman
If by "work" you mean using the ideomotor response of a group of people to spell out messages on a board then yea. Otherwise, it doesn't work.

Totally untrue. Getting info that there is no way that the participants could know can not be produced in that way. Also, it cannot explain physical manifestations, the pointer literally floating above the board and spinning of its own voalition (which I have had that happen before with a witness present), and other such paranormal phenomena.

Fact is, the board is merely a means of communication, much like a telephone. You pick it up and dial it to reach someone else. The phone itself doesn't do the communicating, the person on the other end does and you have to be the one to make the effort to dial the exact number you want to call. If you don't believe the phone works and you don't bother to honestly dial the number then you just listen to dial tone now don't you? Same with the board or any other means of divination.

blackout

Violet.
So Draka, when you have used the board,
each time, you specifically "call" on a particular spirit/soul?

Like dialing the deceased on their own private line.

Have you always used it for the purpose of communication
with a particular spirit, for a particular reason?

What happens if you just start 'asking questions"?
If you don't call on anyone specific first?

Is that the "dial tone" of which you speak?
Or is it then more like an "open chat room" with those on the other side?

Quite curious,
~Vi~