• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oujia boards.

Draka

Wonder Woman
So Draka, when you have used the board,
each time, you specifically "call" on a particular spirit/soul?

Like dialing the deceased on their own private line.

Have you always used it for the purpose of communication
with a particular spirit, for a particular reason?

What happens if you just start 'asking questions"?
If you don't call on anyone specific first?

Is that the "dial tone" of which you speak?
Or is it then more like an "open chat room" with those on the other side?

Quite curious,
~Vi~

Sometimes I call out for a specific person if I have been particularly feeling their presence lately. Or maybe because I am with someone who feels great need to speak with a passed loved one. Other times I guess you could view it like a "chat room". Sometimes, especially in places where one can feel "company" I call out to those who have great need to say something. Sometimes I have gotten "resident" spirits, and other times spirits of friends or relatives that want to speak to me or members of my group.

Thing is, you are honestly "calling" the other side of the veil. Whether a specific spirit, or open to those in need, you are opening up the means of communication. If one isn't really doing it honestly, if you aren't "opening the door" or "reaching out and touching someone" then you can't truly expect it to work. Too many people sit down to do it with the belief it isn't real or the expectation that it isn't going to work anyway. You go into anything like that and what are your chances of real success? Pretty damn slim huh?

blackout

Violet.
Sometimes I call out for a specific person if I have been particularly feeling their presence lately. Or maybe because I am with someone who feels great need to speak with a passed loved one. Other times I guess you could view it like a "chat room". Sometimes, especially in places where one can feel "company" I call out to those who have great need to say something. Sometimes I have gotten "resident" spirits, and other times spirits of friends or relatives that want to speak to me or members of my group.

Thing is, you are honestly "calling" the other side of the veil. Whether a specific spirit, or open to those in need, you are opening up the means of communication. If one isn't really doing it honestly, if you aren't "opening the door" or "reaching out and touching someone" then you can't truly expect it to work. Too many people sit down to do it with the belief it isn't real or the expectation that it isn't going to work anyway. You go into anything like that and what are your chances of real success? Pretty damn slim huh?

That is so completely true.
People 'know' what they "know",
and because they are so closed to any other idea/reality/experience
they never reach or see beyond any new Open doors.
(thus further "prooving" to themselves
that they "know" what they 'know'):D

But more importantly...
have you ever helped a soul on the other side
with any unfinished buiseness they "left behind"?
With a Ouiji board, or otherwise?

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman
But more importantly...
have you ever helped a soul on the other side
with any unfinished buiseness they "left behind"?
With a Ouiji board, or otherwise?

Like Whoopi in "Ghost"? :p Nope. As to anything else, I really don't know. If they've moved on it's not like they come back to tell you. Most of the time it's just passing on messages like "I love you's" and "watch out for's" and even where to find something or predictions. Sometimes the conversations are just that, a chat. It all depends on the spirits. I haven't had anyone ask me to do anthing specific for them if that's what you mean. At least not yet in my life. You never know ;).

blackout

Violet.
Like Whoopi in "Ghost"? :p Nope. As to anything else, I really don't know. If they've moved on it's not like they come back to tell you. Most of the time it's just passing on messages like "I love you's" and "watch out for's" and even where to find something or predictions. Sometimes the conversations are just that, a chat. It all depends on the spirits. I haven't had anyone ask me to do anthing specific for them if that's what you mean. At least not yet in my life. You never know ;).

I was thinkin' more like "Sixth Sense",
but same difference. :p

blackout

Violet.
The One, the Eternal,
The Living Sentient Universe
intrinsically does not have "this side" or "that side".

However, if one assumes/believes that all is eternal,
it is reasonable to say we each experience/create our current constructs
through different facets (or "sides") of the 'reality' lense/gem.

It is simply our perspectives,
our positioning within the illusory,
relative to one another,
that puts us on "one side" or "another"
of an "angle" that is hard to see around.

But for all practical purposes,
it is neither "here" nor "there".
You are either here, connecting with me.
Or you are not.;)

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I grew up hearing about "the other side." My dad called it the "Astral Plane." It is supposedly very very vast. It is a different frequency than what we experience here, once agian this is all, "supposedly." I read somewhere that the frequency is extremely close to the brainwave called Theta... I think that was what they called it. This other plane could have mountains and rivers running through your home, you are just unable to see it due to the frequency our minds are tuned into naturally. This is where the spirits are. They supposedly are able to travel where they wish, and sometimes tap into our frequency, or more physical plane, in order to do things like play with Ouiji boards.

If you are respectful and don't try to speak with crazy things I don't see how it could be worrisome. It's not like you are playing with Necronomicon summoning ceremonies or anything. I mean come on... it's a board. lol. If you are particularly scared of drawing someone or something into your home you can always practice a banishing ritual or three (The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram seems to be the most popular) before you seriously play with the board. If random things in your house start floating around there ya go. Banish away, in a nice way.

One very interesting thing I read somewhere is that, there are different levels of advancement within the astral planes, and after people pass on they continue to grow, and sometimes move on to higher planes, leaving behind kind of an imprint of themsleves. It's not like a zombie. It's not evil. More like a recording or something. Soem people think that sometimes things like Ouiji boards accidentally pick up these "astral zombies." lol.

I played with one when I was a kid. Nothing happened. I played with one not too long ago with two other people, who actually were taking it seriously, but I don't think the enviroment was right. Nothing happened. I honestly in the back of my mind thought they were a joke.

Thanks to Draka I will be giving them another shot. ;) Making my own would make it much more personal and more likely to work too, me thinks.

blackout

Violet.
I grew up hearing about "the other side." My dad called it the "Astral Plane." It is supposedly very very vast. It is a different frequency than what we experience here, once agian this is all, "supposedly." I read somewhere that the frequency is extremely close to the brainwave called Theta... I think that was what they called it. This other plane could have mountains and rivers running through your home, you are just unable to see it due to the frequency our minds are tuned into naturally. This is where the spirits are. They supposedly are able to travel where they wish, and sometimes tap into our frequency, or more physical plane, in order to do things like play with Ouiji boards.

If you are respectful and don't try to speak with crazy things I don't see how it could be worrisome. It's not like you are playing with Necronomicon summoning ceremonies or anything. I mean come on... it's a board. lol. If you are particularly scared of drawing someone or something into your home you can always practice a banishing ritual or three (The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram seems to be the most popular) before you seriously play with the board. If random things in your house start floating around there ya go. Banish away, in a nice way.

One very interesting thing I read somewhere is that, there are different levels of advancement within the astral planes, and after people pass on they continue to grow, and sometimes move on to higher planes, leaving behind kind of an imprint of themsleves. It's not like a zombie. It's not evil. More like a recording or something. Soem people think that sometimes things like Ouiji boards accidentally pick up these "astral zombies." lol.

I played with one when I was a kid. Nothing happened. I played with one not too long ago with two other people, who actually were taking it seriously, but I don't think the enviroment was right. Nothing happened. I honestly in the back of my mind thought they were a joke.

Thanks to Draka I will be giving them another shot. ;) Making my own would make it much more personal and more likely to work too, me thinks.

You can always make your own dowsing pendulum.
It's very personal, and a solitary communication medium.

I actually almost used the word "frequencies" in my post above,
but decided to stick with facets,
because I was responding to the concept of "sides".
But really it's the same idea.

Perhaps using a multifaceted crystal on your string
might be a good symbolism of that idea,
and open up communication. ??

You know what?
I just remembered something interesting,
I used my pendulum also to change the frequency of my water that year.
Even the pool water.
I hardly used any chemicals all summer,
and the water was clear as crystal and felt soft and wonderful that year.

And then my entire frequency lifted (sped up).
For three months. And changed my whole paradigm.

But then I never dowsed again.

I've been thinking of using a pendulum again,
not for the sake of attaining answers through otherly contact,
but more as an aid in lifting frequency.

Perhaps they go hand in hand though, do you think?

Last edited:

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress

You know what?
Even the pool water.

I honestly don't know. Hand in hand seems to make sense. It's all connected I'm sure. I am still learning all this stuff. lol. I honest to God thought my dad was a bit quacky until I really started researching the Left Hand Path and then fell into some people very advanced in astral travel. I realized they were speaking about some pretty specific events in thier travels that I remember my dad speaking of as well. It freaked me out. Then when I settled into the idea I realized I needed to keep reading. :D

The thing with your water is awsome. With results like that you must have been doing something right. Keep playing is what I say! lol. And I have played with a pendulum before with good results. I will probably make one of those too. And I think a crystal is supposed to be one of the better stones to use. Draka can probably tell us why. :)

Draka

Wonder Woman
I honestly don't know. Hand in hand seems to make sense. It's all connected I'm sure. I am still learning all this stuff. lol. I honest to God thought my dad was a bit quacky until I really started researching the Left Hand Path and then fell into some people very advanced in astral travel. I realized they were speaking about some pretty specific events in thier travels that I remember my dad speaking of as well. It freaked me out. Then when I settled into the idea I realized I needed to keep reading. :D

The thing with your water is awsome. With results like that you must have been doing something right. Keep playing is what I say! lol. And I have played with a pendulum before with good results. I will probably make one of those too. And I think a crystal is supposed to be one of the better stones to use. Draka can probably tell us why. :)

You can really use about anything for a pendulum. A ring on a necklace, anything you like. Though most people who use pendulums regularly usually have one of a certain stone that they feel either resonates for them personally or perhaps have several pendulums for different divination reasons. Quartz is a popular choice. Clear quartz is kind of a catch all for all reasons, while all the other types of quartz may be used for specific divination purposes. Right now I only have a rose quartz pendulum though I am interested in perhaps getting another. Though I am wanting to get a variety of quartz necklaces so they can be used just as easily. Just waiting for next paycheck to make my order actually.

You can find a list of stones and their uses/meanings in many books. Find one that you like and do some searching online to purchase the one you want. Otherwise...slip an old ring on a chain and have at it...just be sure to try to keep your own wishes for the answers out of your mind when divining, or your own thoughts may influence the swing, no matter how still you are.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I find them too be rather offensive, in that it markets divination and the spirit world as a mere game.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I have on occasion used the pendulum and the ouija board for divination purposes, too. I can't really add much to the discussion here, but I appreciate all that's been said to further understand this method of divination. :)

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I find them too be rather offensive, in that it markets divination and the spirit world as a mere game.

That's why I think making your own would be so much better. I'm sure that was exactly the point when they began mass producing the stuff.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I was wondering how many of you have used or do use a Oujia board?
I know there is some hype if they even work, it's been my experence that if you bulid one you have a better chance of it working then you would buying a new one. If you have used one I'd love to hear of your experences from them.

I haven't owned one in years just because I believe that if you do not close them you can let something into your home.

What say you?

when i was 11yrs old me and some freinds made an Oujia board as my freind said his house was Haunted :help: so we decided to have a sceance with the board while his Mum was out.
We all sat in our places around the table with lots of giggling and boyish stuff happening,when we finally calmed down we all licked our fingers(this is to prevent anyone being able to push or pull the glass) more giggling then "lets ask for Adolph Hitler" and we did,nothing happened.
Then we asked if there were any spirits in the house and the glass began to vibrate and condensation began to appear "George stop mucking about" but George was'nt doing it because he took his finger off and it was still going "everyone lick your fingers again" which we all did one by one,
The glass then began to move, slowly at first and then with more force :eek: George looked terrified,we all looked terrified and George was first to run with **** this i'm off and we all joined him soon after but before going we all made the sign of the cross which is strange as none of us were Catholic and someone blew into the glass.
My freinds Mother returned and asked us why we outside in the cold and when she found the board was very annoyed and upset and later more things happened in that house.
I would not recomend anyone thinking its a plaything and not taking it seriously so whether its the mind or spirits it is scary

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I've used one. My sister got one for her birthday and we discovered that we have a ghost on the southwestern side of our house. He's Asian and his name is Igor (weird, I know). Apparently, he began watching over us about 7 years ago, which is when my grandmother died. He said that she had asked him to watch over us.

We were a bit skeptical at first, thinking it was our imagination. But at one point, my sister said that she actually felt hands gripping her wrists and guiding them.

We also had a lot of our friends come by and test it for themselves. One of my sister's Mormon friends was totally freaked out because he knew answers about her family that weren't known by anyone outside of the family.

He also, apparently doesn't like my ex, lol.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

You know what?
Even the pool water.

I have a crystal pendulum i have'nt used for some time,it's a nice object made with copper and some scrolling with the crystal at the end and it moves but i have no idea how to use it.