• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Origins of Christianity: Is it the "White Man's Religion"...?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The story we now have is also "Speculation about clandestine manipulation of the religious system is as conspiracy theory as the "Illuminati."

Written after the fact, by people that were not there, that misinterpreted Tanakh text, and manipulated by later Clergy and Popes, etc.
How is the birth narrative manipulation??? all reporting is written after the fact, usually by people who weren't there at the time.

I don't see how the "Tanakh was 'misinterpreted.'" Nor do I see much evidence in the way of them "being manipulated by later clergy and popes, etc." Your post strikes me as hyperbole.

roger1440

I do stuff
You mean gulibility of people.

Blacks or no more or less then anyone else.
His intended audience is blacks. Any blacks that believe this man is gullible. According to what this man spews from his mouth, the council of Nicaea created Jesus.

Here is something I stumbled on tonight:
“I have discovered that most of Hagins’ lectures are really not for the well informed, because they would puncture holes all throughout his teaching.”
[FONT=&quot]Jacob's Ladder: Response to Dr. Ray Hagins' Critique of the Christian Scripture

Watch some of his videos. You be the judge.[/FONT]

CynthiaCypher

How is the birth narrative manipulation??? all reporting is written after the fact, usually by people who weren't there at the time.

I don't see how the "Tanakh was 'misinterpreted.'" Nor do I see much evidence in the way of them "being manipulated by later clergy and popes, etc." Your post strikes me as hyperbole.

Her posts strike me as trolling. She is purposely trying to derail this thread with a subject that has nothing to do with it.

roger1440

I do stuff
Thanks for your question.
I quote below:

John 10:16

15even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16"I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.

Matthew 15:24
23But He did not answer her a word. And His disciples came and implored Him, saying, "Send her away, because she keeps shouting at us." 24But He answered and said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

OOOOOOOOOOOO

This was Jesus' mission; when he departed at Galilee from his friends, after when he was saved a cursed death on the Cross, by the grace of G-d; he went to India where 10 lost tribes of Israel lived to complete his mission.

He then lived with them in India and did not return again to Judea till his natural and peaceful death at the age of about 120 years.

Jesus did not ascend to heaven 40 days after the event of crucifixion, as is commonly but totally wrongly believed by Christians.

Regards
Would you agree one of the goals of the promised Jewish Messiah is to bring world peace?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Except that they are writing fantastic stuff, and using a Tanakh text about Isaiah's son Emmanuel, to put forth a future virgin birth narrative for Jesus.

Such stories are not needed for him to be the Messiah.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Her posts strike me as trolling. She is purposely trying to derail this thread with a subject that has nothing to do with it.

Stop calling a different idea - trolling.

We have Jewish texts saying his father is Pentera.

Isaiah is about Isaiah's son Emmanuel. Etc.

The Jews claim Jesus did not fulfill the required Messiah events.

None of this is trolling - it is debating the facts.

EDIT - Nor is it off topic - as the topic is skin color - and I brought up the Jewish text saying his father was Pantera - which might produce a lighter color.

Last edited:

roger1440

I do stuff
“Therefore, as you go, disciple people in all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit,” (Mat 28:19)

“he says: “It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.”” (Isaiah 49:6)
God’s salvation will embrace all people, not just white people or Jews or Gentiles. According to these verses, God is color blind. White people may have written these verses, but so what. The writers of biblical scripture had to be one race or another. There is no way around that one.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
And how do you understand that?

I understand from Aryeh Kaplan:

The Jewish Messiah is a leader of the Jews, strong in wisdom, power and spirit. It is he who will bring complete redemption to the Jewish peo¬ple, both spiritually and physically. Along with this, he will bring eternal peace, love, prosperity, and moral perfection to the entire world.

The Jewish Messiah is truly human in origin. He is born of ordinary human parents, and is of flesh and blood like all mortals.

The Jewish Messiah is “full of wisdom and understanding, counsel and might, knowledge and the fear of G-d.” He has a special feeling for justice; he “smells and judges.” He can virtually sense a man’s innocence or guilt.

THE REAL MESSIAH by Aryeh Kaplan - Jews for Judaism Canada

Regards

roger1440

I do stuff
Do you think that Jewish Messiah would be a warrior?

Regards
He would need a full armor of God, but that is a metaphor. Peace can not be won by the sword.

Armor-of-God.jpg

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I understand from Aryeh Kaplan:

The Jewish Messiah is a leader of the Jews, strong in wisdom, power and spirit. It is he who will bring complete redemption to the Jewish peo¬ple, both spiritually and physically. Along with this, he will bring eternal peace, love, prosperity, and moral perfection to the entire world.

The Jewish Messiah is truly human in origin. He is born of ordinary human parents, and is of flesh and blood like all mortals.

The Jewish Messiah is “full of wisdom and understanding, counsel and might, knowledge and the fear of G-d.” He has a special feeling for justice; he “smells and judges.” He can virtually sense a man’s innocence or guilt.

THE REAL MESSIAH by Aryeh Kaplan - Jews for Judaism Canada

Regards
The problem here is that Aryeh Kaplan isn't Christian, which is the only perspective that really matters with regard to Jesus and Christianity.

roger1440

I do stuff
What's wrong with 'Black Jesus' comedy?

"CNN) -- I've just been watching the trailer for "Black Jesus," a show that will premiere on August 7 on the Cartoon Network during its child-unfriendly late-night spot, which they call Adult Swim. Already at least one Christian group has begun to lobby the network to cancel the show, regarding its contents as blasphemous. (Cartoon Network is owned by Turner Broadcasting, which owns CNN.)"
Opinion: What's wrong with 'Black Jesus'? - CNN.com

140728183429-black-jesus-horizontal-gallery.jpg

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
Christianity was started by Middle Eastern Jews. They would've been short, have brown eyes, brown hair, light brown skin and curly hair. One of the very first Gentile converts to Christianity was a black Ethiopian man.

This is closest to what Jesus would've looked like:

Rostro13.JPG

He was not a white Northern European looking man!

Ray Hagins is a racist fool.
I have to agree with you.

Ac 21:37 And as Paul was to be led into the castle, he said unto the chief captain, May I speak unto thee? Who said, Canst thou speak Greek?
Ac 21:38 Art not thou that Egyptian, which before these days madest an uproar, and leddest out into the wilderness four thousand men that were murderers?

The chief captain thought Paul, from the tribe of Benjamin, was an Egyptian. Never heard of an Egyptian that is tall and white and blond and blue eyes.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
What's wrong with 'Black Jesus' comedy?

"CNN) -- I've just been watching the trailer for "Black Jesus," a show that will premiere on August 7 on the Cartoon Network during its child-unfriendly late-night spot, which they call Adult Swim. Already at least one Christian group has begun to lobby the network to cancel the show, regarding its contents as blasphemous. (Cartoon Network is owned by Turner Broadcasting, which owns CNN.)"
Opinion: What's wrong with 'Black Jesus'? - CNN.com

140728183429-black-jesus-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Let's see... Jesus spending most of his time with the poor and downtrodden, which in the US has a saddeningly large population of African-Americans...

Looks perfectly in line with the Jesus story to me.

Have you ever read any of the book the Aryan Jesus, or seen any of the papers on the Gideon Jesus , sure as hell not African i’ll say and definatly noy Western Indian