• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Original Ratios at Creation and Radioactive Decay dating

Status
Not open for further replies.

dad

Undefeated
Universe 13.77 billion years
Universe 6000 years old.
Earth 4.54 billion years
Earth: 6000 years old.

Life on earth at least 3.5 billion years so i am guessing that's what you mean by first nature
No. I mean in Noah's day.

No issue, a half life is a half life.
No it is a measure of how fast decay happens in this present nature. I kid you not.

I know that doesn't gel well with your dreams but i am afraid facts outweigh dreams every time
Then post facts rather than blather and statements of faith.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Universe 6000 years old.

Bull. Did you ever attend junior school?

Earth: 6000 years old.

Bull. Did you ever attend junior school?

No. I mean in Noah's day.

Myth

No it is a measure of how fast decay happens in this present nature. I kid you not.

Kid all you want, it is a measure of the half life decay rates of certain known isotopes

The projection is strong in you tonight.

dad

Undefeated
Kid all you want, it is a measure of the half life decay rates of certain known isotopes
As measured only in the last few hundred years. That does not speak to many thousands of years ago.

Your denial, notwithstanding.

ChristineM

Premium Member
As measured only in the last few hundred years. That does not speak to many thousands of years ago.

Your denial, notwithstanding.

The laws of this universe do not change because they don't fit your delusions.

gnostic

The Lost One
You haven’t post a single fact, dad.

You are the one who continuously ignore all evidence.

There are no evidence for Genesis global flood, therefore there is no Noah and no Ark.

Genesis is only mythological stories of the origin of the Jewish people, not a historical records, and not scientific explanation for the origin of Earth and life on Earth, let alone the universe.

Evidence are required in science. These evidence need to have the following aspects:
  • be observable or detectable,
  • be quantifiable,
  • can be measured,
  • multiple evidence can be compared against each other,
  • tested, verified or refuted.
Something cannot be directly observed with our eyes, because they could be too small to see (eg a single hydrogen atom), or too far away (eg distant stars and galaxies), or not in visible spectrums (eg microwave, or radio, tv or wi-fi signals), or moving too fast to see, etc.

So you would require some sort of devices that can either aid in observations (eg microscopes, optical telescopes), or devices that can “detect” electricity or EM frequencies (eg multimeters, oscilloscopes, radio receivers, radio telescopes).

When you can observe or detect something, then you should be able quantify it or measure them.

Since we are talking about dating remains, fossils, other objects or rocks, then we are talking about objects that have isotopes that leave radioactive decays. A mass spectrometer can detect, quantify and measure such decays.

Because different radioactive isotopes have different half-life, they respectively provide consistent rates of decays, which can be measured, quantified and calculated, so the age of specific objects can be determined with margin for errors.

Such detections and measurements, provide the data necessary as evidence.

Many objects have been measured, including remains and fossils and minerals. So these observations provide the evidence, which are either used for biological (eg paleontology), geological (strata of rocks) or archaeological purposes (eg vessels form pottery, stone, bronze or iron tools, ornaments, etc).

You, dad, you decided that if these evidence disagree with your book of religious myths, you would either disagree with them, or make some things up, attempting to deceive us with your unsubstantiated claims.

There is nothing with disagreements, dad, and will always support your rights to disagree with us, but the disagreement are only if you can provide some biological, geological or archaeological evidence that back up your claims.

Without evidence, you are only expressing your opinions and your beliefs, not facts.

Facts required evidence, and evidence are some things that are detectable and measurable...which you don’t have dad.

The facts are, if your claims about Cretaceous period coincide with Noah’s life PRIOR TO THE FLOOD, then you should find human remains or human fossils in the same Cretaceous layers of rocks as those of dinosaur fossils...but there are none.

There are no evidence that humans were ever contemporary to dinosaurs. You also don’t find evidence of cities or towns buried in Cretaceous layers.

So it is obvious that your claims are wrong, and the Cretaceous-Paleogene extinction event had nothing to do with Genesis global flood.

And speaking of K-Pg extinction. It is marked by layer of iridium, which are dated to about 66 million years ago, when a large meteor hit the Earth. Iridium are more commonly found in meteors and asteroids.

The layer of iridium, marked the end of Mesozoic era and start of Paleozoic era.

Guess what, dad. Humans remains/fossils, man-made objects and human settlements are not found under this K-Pg layer of iridium, but all Jurassic and Cretaceous dinosaurs are found under the this layer.

And the K-Pg layers of iridium are another piece evidence that debunked your claims about humans and dinosaurs were contemporary to each other.

Your utter lack of evidence, just showed how dishonest and ignorant you are, concerning science and history.

The only person who is making statements of faith, is you, dad.

You really should stop making false claims about others, when it is really you who used faith-based belief.

Last edited:

dad

Undefeated
There are no evidence for Genesis global flood, therefore there is no Noah and no Ark.
I disagree. I think you just ignore and deny it.

Genesis is only mythological stories of the origin of the Jewish people, not a historical records, and not scientific explanation for the origin of Earth and life on Earth, let alone the universe.
Your opinion on God's word is neither here nor there.

Evidence are required in science. These evidence need to have the following aspects:
  • be observable or detectable,
I do not detect your same nature in the past nor observe it.

• be quantifiable,
  • can be measured,
  • multiple evidence can be compared against each other,
No one can measure a same nature in the past it is just believed.

• [*]tested, verified or refuted.
    Let's see you refute your own claim that there was a same nature in the past?
Something cannot be directly observed with our eyes, because they could be too small to see (eg a single hydrogen atom), or too far away (eg distant stars and galaxies), or not in visible spectrums (eg microwave, or radio, tv or wi-fi signals), or moving too fast to see, etc.
We can observe how atoms behave here and now. Not there and then.

So you would require some sort of devices that can either aid in observations (eg microscopes, optical telescopes), or devices that can “detect” electricity or EM frequencies (eg multimeters, oscilloscopes, radio receivers, radio telescopes).
?? What is it you think we need to detect and what is it you think you have detected?

When you can observe or detect something, then you should be able quantify it or measure them.
We cannot detect or measure your same state past on earth.

Since we are talking about dating remains, fossils, other objects or rocks, then we are talking about objects that have isotopes that leave radioactive decays. A mass spectrometer can detect, quantify and measure such decays.
No. The only thing they can measure is decay NOW. They cannot tell if there was decay at the dawn of earth history.

Because different radioactive isotopes have different half-life, they respectively provide consistent rates of decays, which can be measured, quantified and calculated, so the age of specific objects can be determined with margin for errors.
Irrelevant. The issue is not whether we have decay in our present nature. Of course we do.

Such detections and measurements, provide the data necessary as evidence.
There are no detections of a same nature in the past, so you can provide no evidence for it. Thanks for that.

Many objects have been measured, including remains and fossils and minerals. So these observations provide the evidence, which are either used for biological (eg paleontology), geological (strata of rocks) or archaeological purposes (eg vessels form pottery, stone, bronze or iron tools, ornaments, etc).
Of course there are remains we can detect IN the present from the past. They do not tell us what state existed.

You, dad, you decided that if these evidence disagree with your book of religious myths, you would either disagree with them, or make some things up, attempting to deceive us with your unsubstantiated claims.
There is no evidence for a same nature in the past for anyone anywhere to ignore.

There is nothing with disagreements, dad, and will always support your rights to disagree with us, but the disagreement are only if you can provide some biological, geological or archaeological evidence that back up your claims.
The claim is that you do not know and cannot evidence your own science claim. It is backed up by your constant and comical fail.

Facts required evidence, and evidence are some things that are detectable and measurable...which you don’t have dad.
Yes, I do. I can measure an ancient record. I can see if prophecies in it came true over the ages or not. I can measure the fact you have no evidence for your claimed same state past.

The facts are, if your claims about Cretaceous period coincide with Noah’s life PRIOR TO THE FLOOD, then you should find human remains or human fossils in the same Cretaceous layers of rocks as those of dinosaur fossils...but there are none.
That is foolishness not fact. Man would not have left remains in the former nature but would have returned to dust too fast! Your idea we should find such remains is just another outcrop of your same nature in the past religion!

And speaking of K-Pg extinction. It is marked by layer of iridium, which are dated to about 66 million years ago, when a large meteor hit the Earth. Iridium are more commonly found in meteors and asteroids.
It does not matter a hoot where iridium is usually now found. Are you kidding? The flood was not usual! The waters came from the same place meteors come from. The waters came from a conduit in the sky bring water from deep space, as well as from deep under the earth. That is where science says iridium comes from.
The layer of iridium, marked the end of Mesozoic era and start of Paleozoic era.
Great, so you name layers before and after the flood whooopee doo.

Guess what, dad. Humans remains/fossils, man-made objects and human settlements are not found under this K-Pg layer of iridium, but all Jurassic and Cretaceous dinosaurs are found under the this layer.
As I just explained, of course they are not!

Your utter lack of evidence, just showed how dishonest and ignorant you are, concerning science and history.
The evidence you imagined we should have was actually religious baloney, we have discovered this. Thanks for the big post admitting it.
Now stop peddling your sick religion.

ChristineM

Premium Member
This world does not run by your dictates. Whatever laws were in place here were put here by God.

More projection... And nonsense,. The laws of the universe coalesced between 10e-43 of a second and 10e-24 of a second after the BB occured almost 13.8 billion years ago. There is considerable evidence to validate this. There us no evidence for god magic

You are welcome to your belief but when you insult people because you believe in magic it makes me realise just how ignorant religion can force people to be.

See my avatar, 22000 year old cro magnon skull, so you say god burried deep in a cave 16000 years before the universe existed???

dad

Undefeated
More projection... And nonsense,. The laws of the universe coalesced between 10e-43 of a second and 10e-24 of a second after the BB occured almost 13.8 billion years ago.

A total fantasy that has no evidence and only exists inside the belief set that you show such adoration for.

There is considerable evidence to validate this.
None at all. Your beliefs imposed and projected onto evidence is all that exist.

There us no evidence for god magic
Your so called magic of the supernatural and spirits and miracles is a matter of record since ever man kept records actually. Don't insult hundreds of millions of people living today that have experienced such things with your bigoted and biased and blasphemous baloney beliefs.

You are welcome to your belief but when you insult people because you believe in magic it makes me realise just how ignorant religion can force people to be.
What magic are you talking about? You could not call the deliberate lies and delusions of belief based origins so-called science magic.
See my avatar, 22000 year old cro magnon skull, so you say god burried deep in a cave 16000 years before the universe existed???
I assume the skull existed. Your dream dates are religious rubbish though, of course. The way you arrive at dates is religion...belief.

dad

Undefeated
Nor does it run by you or your belief/opinion.
By Him all things consist and were created. You stand corrected.

The world doesn’t even run by your Bible, or by your pseudoscience version of the Young Earth Creationism.
The creator has actually been demonstrably involved with us since the beginning actually.

ChristineM

Premium Member
A total fantasy that has no evidence and only exists inside the belief set that you show such adoration for

There is considerable evidence both mathematical and physical, sorry if it passes right over your head

None at all. Your beliefs imposed and projected onto evidence is all that exist.

Bull and you know it

Your so called magic of the supernatural and spirits and miracles is a matter of record since ever man kept records actually. Don't insult hundreds of millions of people living today that have experienced such things with your bigoted and biased and blasphemous baloney beliefs.

Show the evidence, can all these hundreds of millions of pieces of evidence be falsified, can they be indipendentely recreated and the same results obtained???

What magic are you talking about? You could not call the deliberate lies and delusions of belief based origins so-called science magic.

You say god did it, you have no idea how you simply believe in god magic?

I assume the skull existed. Your dream dates are religious rubbish though, of course. The way you arrive at dates is religion...belief.

You specified the dates of 6000 so you say the dates you quoted are religious rubbish... Now we are getting somewhere.

dad

Undefeated
There is considerable evidence both mathematical and physical, sorry if it passes right over your head
It runs in the gutter as washed out beliefs with no support at all. Pretend all you like, whatever you think there is does not exist and you can't post it.

Show the evidence, can all these hundreds of millions of pieces of evidence be falsified, can they be indipendentely recreated and the same results obtained???
Name any of your pieces of evidence so called that do not rest on a belief that the past was the same? We wait. I laugh.

You say god did it, you have no idea how you simply believe in god magic?
Magic is anything above false science's little paygrade to you.

You specified the dates of 6000 so you say the dates you quoted are religious rubbish... Now we are getting somewhere.
Dates I use are solid and history or Scripture record based. The rubbish dating is your same nature in the past belief based dates.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It runs in the gutter as washed out beliefs with no support at all. Pretend all you like, whatever you think there is does not exist and you can't post it.

Already posted it, your approval is not needed and is very instructive on the morality of your claims

Name any of your pieces of evidence so called that do not rest on a belief that the past was the same? We wait. I laugh.

You made the statement you provide you proof to back it up or consider your claim a failure

Magic is anything above false science's little paygrade to you.

Nope, why misrepresent, is falsehood all you have?

Dates I use are solid and history or Scripture record based. The rubbish dating is your same nature in the past belief based dates.

Yes well, i have evidence, you dont..?

dad

Undefeated
Already posted it, your approval is not needed and is very instructive on the morality of your claims
You posted vague beliefs and an attitude problem. No one needs you to admit your beliefs cannot be supported. Your false claims speak for themselves as you posted nothing of substance here.

You made the statement you provide you proof to back it up or consider your claim a failure
Not sure what sort of weak-kneed denial and deflection this is supposed to be. You claimed huge numbers of evidences. I asked you for any one of those that did not use a belief in a same state past. So you respond with this silly spam? Ha.

Yes well, i have evidence, you dont..?
You need to post it rather than pretend you did. Thems the rules.

ChristineM

Premium Member
You posted vague beliefs and an attitude problem. No one needs you to admit your beliefs cannot be supported. Your false claims speak for themselves as you posted nothing of substance here.

I posted scientific papers, your deliberate ignorance is not my problem

Not sure what sort of weak-kneed denial and deflection this is supposed to be. You claimed huge numbers of evidences. I asked you for any one of those that did not use a belief in a same state past. So you respond with this silly spam? Ha.

You made the claim with

"Don't insult hundreds of millions of people living today that have experienced such things with your bigoted and biased and blasphemous baloney"

Unlike some i so not lie

You need to post it rather than pretend you did. Thems the rules.

What is the point of continuing against such deliberate ignorance? It shames religion.

dad

Undefeated
I posted scientific papers, your deliberate ignorance is not my problem
Belief based so called science. The basis is still belief whatever you ignorantly choose to call it. That is why you can't discuss it. You made a foolish claim here
"can all these hundreds of millions of pieces of evidence be falsified, can they be indipendentely recreated and the same results obtained???"

You made the claim with

"Don't insult hundreds of millions of people living today that have experienced such things with your bigoted and biased and blasphemous baloney"
Right, if you want to claim that they believe things that are not true, offer some evidence.
Unlike some i so not lie
You seem to be lying so far here. Work on that.Speaking of lies, look at what you posted here
"can all these hundreds of millions of pieces of evidence be falsified, can they be indipendentely recreated and the same results obtained???"

You were asked to provide even one piece that did not rest on the same state past belief and could not.

What is the point of continuing against such deliberate ignorance? It shames religion.
You have not started so you can't continue

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
Belief based so called science. The basis is still belief whatever you ignorantly choose to call it. That is why you can't discuss it. You made a foolish claim here

Right, if you want to claim that they believe things that are not true, offer some evidence.
You seem to be lying so far here. Work on that.Speaking of lies, look at what you posted here

You were asked to provide even one piece that did not rest on the same state past belief and could not.

You have not started so you can't continue

No point in continuing, facts and evidence mean nothing to you just so long as your dream of god magic remaines in tact then do it on your own. If you want to deny your own words thats fine, i am not playing your stupid games.

Status
Not open for further replies.