• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Original Ratios at Creation and Radioactive Decay dating

Status
Not open for further replies.

dad

Undefeated
Three things need to be known

1) The starting amounts of isotopes

2) How processes for atoms worked in the earlier history of the earth (in biblical terms..pre flood times)

3) How processes now work.

"we do not know how much of each isotope was in the rock in the beginning. That’s because we did not observe what happened in the past when the rock formed"
Radioactive dating no problem for the Bible - creation.com

Without knowing this, it is impossible to correctly interpret existing isotope ratios and their meaning.
Therefore assigning ages to all of the isotope ratios is nothing more than a statement of faith and disrespect against God.

We need to know what processes were at work on atoms long before these present times and the days of modern science.

The big question being whether nature and its forces and laws were the same or not in those long past times on earth. Without knowing this, we would not know how the starting ratios were affected before this present nature.

Finally, we need to know how the processes such as radioactivity now work.

The starting ratios of isotopes, combined with the effects from the former nature need to be considered along with recent history of our current nature and forces and laws affecting the ratios to get a complete picture.

Science only uses one of these three in dating all things in the past. That is why the dates of so-called science are not to be trusted whatsoever.

!!!

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The physics of atoms suggests that the atomic decay rate does not vary with the time period in which the material is decaying but only with the mass of the material that is in close proximity. The decay rate is a measurement. Of course if this were not true everyone would be interested. Everyone. Would. Be. Interested. They are not, because there is currently little or no reason to think that the rate varies over time other than by the size of the clump. Since there is no reason to think so, there is no hypothesis to be made or reason to waste time arguing about it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

2) How processes for atoms worked in the earlier history of the earth (in biblical terms..pre flood times)

"we do not know how much of each isotope was in the rock in the beginning. That’s because we did not observe what happened in the past when the rock formed"

Without knowing this, it is impossible to correctly interpret existing isotope ratios and their meaning.
Therefore assigning ages to all of the isotope ratios is nothing more than a statement of faith and disrespect against God.

We need to know what processes were at work on atoms long before these present times and the days of modern science.

The big question being whether nature and its forces and laws were the same or not in those long past times on earth. Without knowing this, we would not know how the starting ratios were affected before this present nature.

The starting ratios of isotopes, combined with the effects from the former nature need to be considered along with recent history of our current nature and forces and laws affecting the ratios to get a complete picture.

Science only uses one of these three in dating all things in the past. That is why the dates of so-called science are not to be trusted whatsoever.

!!!
!

Well that would mean you're up a creek without a paddle as well. ;0)

Fortunately there are stable isotopes around that make things quite accurate.

Isotope Ratios - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Are atoms meant to decay?

God the O Earth stone mass was stated to be the Temple.

And yes males in science built Temples...but the original quote as a reviewed statement claimed after altering the high places in stone, gave science advice...………. so never change God again.

Ezekiel 40:3
So He took me there, and I saw a man whose appearance was like bronze. He was standing in the gateway with a linen cord and a measuring rod in his hand.

If a male said and I saw myself...then he is reflecting upon past life science information. For no male is bronze. And if a scientist said to self today, the God discussions are nonsense....did science create your life? You know existing as a living human male with a theory?

For science did not exist as a practice and a human male belief until he chose to cause it.
https://www.quora.com/Does-iron-rust-and-decay-faster-than-copper-or-bronze

2 Kings 18:4 He removed the high places, shattered the sacred pillars, and cut down the Asherah poles. He also demolished the bronze snake called Nehushtan that Moses had made, for up to that time the Israelites had burned incense to it.

If a human male says to self, when I was not a scientist, and I chose to become a scientist, Earth existed naturally.

Then I brought UFO mass to Earth and via extra amounts of radiation converted Earth. And the UFO mass was meant to stop its attack in 2012.

Science applies all studies and science applies all conditions of science teaching and learning to self as a scientist. So if science made the statements about the UFO mass stopping in the Year 2012...did any scientist in modern times assess that the amount of radiation altering natural Earth mass/fusion should not even exist in those changes?

Relative to what was natural Earth without extra science owned UFO radiation mass?

Those sorts of relative questions and relative teachings, and past lessons.

Shad

Veteran Member

!!!

Yay you merely borrow ideas which use methods you dismiss and put them in your time table based on nothing. Try again.

dad

Undefeated
The physics of atoms suggests that the atomic decay rate does not vary with the time period in which the material is decaying but only with the mass of the material that is in close proximity. The decay rate is a measurement. Of course if this were not true everyone would be interested. Everyone. Would. Be. Interested. They are not, because there is currently little or no reason to think that the rate varies over time other than by the size of the clump. Since there is no reason to think so, there is no hypothesis to be made or reason to waste time arguing about it.
Having different forces in place does not mean that our nature is what changed. What was changed is gone and we now are in this present nature. It would not be a change in our nature as you suggest.

dad

Undefeated
Yay you merely borrow ideas which use methods you dismiss and put them in your time table based on nothing. Try again.
No. Discoveries of real layers with remains of real animals and plants are not borrowed. All that I dismiss is your same nature in the past beliefs that are based on nothing.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

!!!

Why do you keep flogging a dead horse?

The science behind radiometric dating is sound, it is known how accurate the different dating methods are and those margins of error are always quoted in scientific papers.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I get lost very easily in these nonsense threads !
Where was `God` when all this happened ?
Just curious and confused !

dad

Undefeated
Why do you keep flogging a dead horse?

The science behind radiometric dating is sound, it is known how accurate the different dating methods are and those margins of error are always quoted in scientific papers.
I know it is sound for as long as our present nature existed. Science cannot determine that it applies beyond that time, and in fact have not known that any other nature even existed. So they use that belief to turn ratios into imaginary dates.

If you want to date something by radioactive decay methods up to say, around 4000 years old, fine. If you want to pretend that there were no ratios at creation and that our present nature was all that ever existed, and is responsible for all ratios, well, that is religion. It doesn't matter how may disciples use it, it is still what it is.
I am placing the same state past so-called science on quarantine and imposing social distance limits. They may believe quietly in their own homes. :)

dad

Undefeated
I get lost very easily in these nonsense threads !
Where was `God` when all this happened ?
Just curious and confused !
He created it all. I get confused with nonsense posts, was there some other point you had in mind?

Shad

Veteran Member
No. Discoveries of real layers with remains of real animals and plants are not borrowed. All that I dismiss is your same nature in the past beliefs that are based on nothing.

Which requires dating to determine if those animals lived during the same periods of time. Try again

dad

Undefeated
Which requires dating to determine if those animals lived during the same periods of time. Try again
No. It may require measuring isotope ratios in some instances, but that has nothing to do with the insane dream dates so-called science uses.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I know it is sound for as long as our present nature existed. Science cannot determine that it applies beyond that time, and in fact have not known that any other nature even existed. So they use that belief to turn ratios into imaginary dates.

If you want to date something by radioactive decay methods up to say, around 4000 years old, fine. If you want to pretend that there were no ratios at creation and that our present nature was all that ever existed, and is responsible for all ratios, well, that is religion. It doesn't matter how may disciples use it, it is still what it is.
I am placing the same state past so-called science on quarantine and imposing social distance limits. They may believe quietly in their own homes. :)

What time? The time you invent to fit your belief?

There are verified methods of measuring radiometric decay measuring different isotopes with different half lives used to estimate different times. Examples are

half_life.jpg

dad

Undefeated
What time? The time you invent to fit your belief?
Simple. What time do you know this nature existed and how? THAT time.

There are verified methods of measuring radiometric decay measuring different isotopes with different half lives used to estimate different times.
The issue is not whether decay now happens and at a certain rate. That is known. The issue is whether we know the same forces and laws of nature existed always on earth so that we would know it also happened in the past.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Simple. What time do you know this nature existed and how? THAT time.

The issue is not whether decay now happens and at a certain rate. That is known. The issue is whether we know the same forces and laws of nature existed always on earth so that we would know it also happened in the past.

Universe 13.77 billion years
Earth 4.54 billion years
Life on earth at least 3.5 billion years so i am guessing that's what you mean by first nature
Me 49.95 years
Take ya choice

No issue, a half life is a half life. I know that doesn't gel well with your dreams but i am afraid facts outweigh dreams every time

Status
Not open for further replies.