• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Origin of homophobia?

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
See post 138
It's a verse that Christians discuss very extensively!

What does 'fulfill' mean? ( It means what He did, accomplished, at least!)

It's not a trivial question though, because Paul writes we are no longer simply under the law(!).....

But(!)...Christ Himself, no less, says what the essence if the law is, as you can see just above in post #139.

And that's not a small thing either. You see, it's not a simple question all agree on -- the current meaning of the Law -- and that's why Mathew 7:12 is so significant in part.

Last edited:

King Phenomenon

It's a verse that Christians discuss very extensively!

What does 'fulfill' mean? ( It means what He did, accomplished, at least!)

It's not a trivial question though, because Paul writes we are no longer simply under the law(!).....

But(!)...Christ Himself, no less, says what the essence if the law is, as you can see just above in post #139.

And that's not a small thing either. You see, it's not a simple question all agree on -- the current meaning of the Law -- and that's why Mathew 7:12 is so significant in part.
well commonsense tells me he was against it. I mean we're talking about Jesus Christ here and the Bible. it's quite obvious. Having said all that, I do love Jesus

halbhh

well commonsense tells me he was against it. I mean we're talking about Jesus Christ here and the Bible. it's quite obvious. Having said all that, I do love Jesus

When we read through the gospel accounts, hearing what He said, we find over and over one's common sense isn't able to anticipate or know exactly what He will say!

It's so striking. Good common sense, and no matter if we worked in several fields and read much, etc. -- none of that matters -- our common sense will not anticipate Him.

That's part of what is so wonderful reading what He says.

It will surprise you over and over.

Even on the 3rd and 4th time you read through a gospel!

It's shocking to me. I tend to remember perfectly what I've read, and I was very sure I had it all, and yet even on the 4th time through a gospel I was totally surprised to be learning new things.

His words are "living".

King Phenomenon

When we read through the gospel accounts, hearing what He said, we find over and over one's common sense isn't able to anticipate or know exactly what He will say!

It's so striking. Good common sense, and no matter if we worked in several fields and read much, etc. -- none of that matters -- our common sense will not anticipate Him.

That's part of what is so wonderful reading what He says.

It will surprise you over and over.

Even on the 3rd and 4th time you read through a gospel!

It's shocking to me. I tend to remember perfectly what I've read, and I was very sure I had it all, and yet even on the 4th time through a gospel I was totally surprised to be learning new things.

His words are "living".
Im good thanks. I know what he thought

halbhh

Im good thanks. I know what he thought
Well, the thing is, the shocking reality of it as I've experienced, is that we don't know all He was saying, even after we've read it more than once and with faith! It's truly shocking, but that's how it really is. So, one really gains only when they if they can truly listen, expecting to learn, which is humble. (I know, having read it in several different attitudes; and that even when I did start listening deeply, even then there was more for me to learn on another day, when I read again!)

I know this is not how good comprehension and reading works.

It's not how things work.

That aren't living words.