• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Openly gay and Catholic

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
...yes, you are correct - those that support homosexuality never seem to understand , on any level, the contrarian position.
No, they certainly don't understand, yet they expect us to understand their position...
That's called a double standard.

DNB

Christian
Did you just now notice that it was different? We've been conversing for a few days now. Anyhow, if you're interested, I posted a journal post. But anyway that's off topic. And your second sentence is just laughable.

As to your other posts on this thread, DNB, you, along with many other "Christians" in this world, and the hatred you spew in the name of a bogeyman, is a reason why I want absolutely nothing to do with Christianity. You think you're on the right side, but anyone with two eyes and two ears can see that what you do is evil and wrong. You demonize an entire group of people just because a book tells you to. Imagine living your life hating a group of people who are different from you. You should be ashamed. But you're not. You're deluded into thinking what you're doing is "holy."
Again, I'm 57 years old, and have lived a life that I am rarely proud of, for I have seen the destruction, to myself and others, that my former behaviour has caused - and I'm talking about heterosexual depravity..
We all sin and have many things to be ashamed of - the difference between you and I, Ashoka, is that I do not attempt to glorify my perverted thinking and ways, whereas you, and the rest of the lgbtq supporters, do exactly that - neither one of you can tell the difference between right and wrong.

DNB

Christian
Not when you strut around calling those who disagree with you "perverts".
Homosexuality is a patent perversion, ...as is 99% of the heterosexual relationships out there - those who perform lewd and lascivious acts with the opposite sex.
No difference, everyone is subject to judgement - just because one is hetero, doesn't mean that I hold them any less accountable as I do the homosexuals.

DNB

Christian
Then shame on you. All the shame. Because what you are doing here is not healthy, for neither yourself nor those around you. You are being hateful and judgmental, and openly slandering people on this forum, indirectly or no. Your beliefs, and your post-1940's translation of a book do not supersede others' right to live free of your horrible judgement.
So what's your ultimate conclusion then: that everything is permissible as long as one cannot quantify the damage?

DNB

Christian
Doesn't it get tiring living in fear of a wrathful deity all the time? Why would you want to serve such a hateful, wrathful being?
All that He asks is that we behave good to one another, and warn those heading for disaster - how in the world do you take offense to that?

DNB

Christian
No, they certainly don't understand, yet they expect us to understand their position...
That's called a double standard.
True, ...but, worse, an agenda - honestly, lgtbq proponents are some of the worst characters out there: aggressive, judgmental, vindictive, abusive, etc.... certifiably so! To the point that I believe that there defense of homosexuality is just a convenient way to make them appear compassionate, ...seriously.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
True, ...but, worse, an agenda - honestly, lgtbq proponents are some of the worst characters out there: aggressive, judgmental, vindictive, abusive, etc.... certifiably so! To the point that I believe that there defense of homosexuality is just a convenient way to make them appear compassionate, ...seriously.
And they call religious people judgmental, as they are judging us... That is called hypocrisy.

Reactions: DNB

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sounds like the pot calling the silverware black.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And they call religious people judgmental, as they are judging us... That is called hypocrisy.
No, When religious people are shown to be hypocrites it is perfectly fine to call them out for it. You are trying to condemn a whole class of people. That is very low behavior. Just because they do not follow your book of myths is not an excuse to attack them. If you want to find something wrong with LGBQ people you need something a lot stronger than that.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Yeah, it's really weird that all these Christians (well, those like him) are so obsessed with who we're having sex with...

I've always thought the same thing, even during the thirty years I was a devout Christian myself. I suppose I'll never understand why some Christians appear to be concerned or obsessed with the love lives of homosexuals. To be honest, I find that very disturbing.

As far as I'm concerned, what two consenting adults do behind closed doors in their bedroom is none of my business, whether the couple is gay or straight. Personally, I think these Christians should be more concerned about the plank in their own eye before they worry about the speck of dust in the eye of a gay person. Simply put, they ought to mind their own business and be more concerned with the "sexual sins" that afflict their own churches, such as the sex scandals in the Catholic Church and Southern Baptist churches.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No, When religious people are shown to be hypocrites it is perfectly fine to call them out for it. You are trying to condemn a whole class of people.
So are you. You are trying to condemn all the religious people who disagree with you.
That is why I said it cuts both ways, each side condemning the other side.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So are you. You are trying to condemn all the religious people who disagree with you.
That is why I said it cuts both ways, each side condemning the other side.
There is a huge difference. I only call out those that attack others. You can disagree, but it is best to keep those false beliefs to yourself. If someone was complaining about African Americans and missing the days of slavery I would go after that person too.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes, it's entirely ironic!!!
It is even more ironic when they can't see it what they are doing.
upload_2022-11-18_19-8-9.jpeg