• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only the 'saved' will get into heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

usfan

I have no problem with moderate Christians who are Biblical literalists and who don't force their faith on others with threats if they don't convert. I will always challenge the, ' you must be saved, or else', mob as it is a highly unpleasant dogma with no evidence to support it, the Bible is NOT evidence.
Really.

So was this reviling, underlined, EMPHASIZED diatribe misdirected? Did you mean the, ' you must be saved, or else', mob, and just inadvertently said, "the god character!"?

No, your words belie you back pedalling. Your attacks have been on God, the bible, and the Christian faith, not just 'horrible extremists!' and 'fundie nutters!'

If you were just critiquing a specific group, like Westboro, or some other outlier, you would not try to lump all Christians into that caricature, and condemn all by association.

The definition of evil which I think applies to the god character, profoundly immoral and wicked. synonyms: wicked, bad, wrong, morally wrong, wrongful, immoral, sinful, ungodly, unholy, foul, vile, base, ignoble, dishonourable, corrupt, iniquitous, depraved, degenerate, villainous, nefarious, sinister, vicious, malicious, malevolent, demonic, devilish, diabolic, diabolical, fiendish, dark, black-hearted;
Only an entity with those characteristics would be sick enough to flood a whole planet, killing nearly all humans and animals!

I get it. You hate Christianity. You're not the first nor last. So be honest, like you are here, and don't pretend love and tolerance for 'some!' Christians, when you despise the core ideology and rail against it constantly.

I have a lot more respect for an honest, consistent poster, than a chameleon who tries to have it both ways.. :shrug:

JJ50

Really.

So was this reviling, underlined, EMPHASIZED diatribe misdirected? Did you mean the, ' you must be saved, or else', mob, and just inadvertently said, "the god character!"?

No, your words belie you back pedalling. Your attacks have been on God, the bible, and the Christian faith, not just 'horrible extremists!' and 'fundie nutters!'

If you were just critiquing a specific group, like Westboro, or some other outlier, you would not try to lump all Christians into that caricature, and condemn all by association.

I get it. You hate Christianity. You're not the first nor last. So be honest, like you are here, and don't pretend love and tolerance for 'some!' Christians, when you despise the core ideology and rail against it constantly.

I have a lot more respect for an honest, consistent poster, than a chameleon who tries to have it both ways.. :shrug:

Your posts are quite amusing, keep them coming.:D:D

Faithofchristian

The more extreme Christians who espouse the unpleasant, you must be 'saved' dogma, believe that if you ask the long dead Jesus to come into you heart you will get into heaven, and everyone else, however good or decent, will end up in the fires of hell. So in theory someone as evil as Hitler could make a deathbed conversion and go to heaven. Whereas a person who has spent there life helping others, but is not 'saved', will go to hell. CRAZY OR WHAT?:mad: A god who insists on that is a complete psychopath.

What's really amazing is that alot of those same Christians will not make it into heaven themselves. Even though they say, they are saved.
Jesus Christ plainly shows in his book of Revelation that those who say they are saved can and will have their names taken out of his book of Life.
So where does those Christians stand.
Seeing Jesus Christ can and will take their names out of his book of Life.

Just because people say, they are saved does not make it so.
Jesus Christ will have the last say, at his Judgement seat.
Who will be accepted it into his kingdom and you will not be accepted into his kingdom.

Many Christians are being fooled, not realizing that they can and will be left out, all the while those that they condemned walk pass them into the kingdom of God.

Last edited:

JJ50

What's really amazing is that alot of those same Christians will not make it into heaven themselves. Even though they say, they are saved.
Jesus Christ plainly shows in his book of Revelation that those who say they are saved can and will have their names taken out of his book of Life.
So where does those Christians stand.
Seeing Jesus Christ can and will take their names out of his book of Life.

Just because people say, they are saved does not make it so.
Jesus Christ will have that say, at his Judgement seat.
Who will make it into his kingdom.

Many Christians are being fooled, not realizing that they can and will be left out, all the while those that they condemned walk pass them into the kingdom of God.

That crazy book of Revelation nearly didn't make it into the Bible, it is a great pity it did. It can be interpreted in so many different ways to suit the take on faith of the person concerned. No sensible person should take it seriously imo.

Faithofchristian

That crazy book of Revelation nearly didn't make it into the Bible, it is a great pity it did. It can be interpreted in so many different ways to suit the take on faith of the person concerned. No sensible person should take it seriously imo.

Well seeing God made the decision to have his book of Revelation put in the Bible.

The book of Revelation is not a book that can be interpreted many ways.
Seeing that God has already given the interpretation of all things in His book of Revelation himself.

But as it is, man thinks they can do better than God who gave the book of Revelation himself.
Seeing God gave the book of Revelation, how is it that people think they know more about the book of Revelation than God.

Let's for say, that you wrote a book,
Who would know more about that book,
You or others ?

usfan

Your posts are quite amusing, keep them coming.:D:D
I'm happy to entertain you.. but i suspect the pointed truth is not much fun.

Religious bigotry is a common malady in humanity. ..always has been. Exposing it, when it rears its ugly head, is not a pleasant task. I'm sure it is even less pleasant to those exposed.

But one of the great positives in humanity is 'freedom of conscience'.. right up there with due process, presumption of Innocence, and free speech.

The increasing militancy with which some attack, revile, and ridicule Christianity is a disturbing trend. Even if you would succeed in destroying it, it is not a victory for humanity. It would be a step backwards, to forced homogeneity.

It is futile, anyway. Many have tried before you. They are gone and forgotten, while the Bible and Christianity continue to give Life, Meaning, and Hope, in a lost & dying world.

JJ50

I'm happy to entertain you.. but i suspect the pointed truth is not much fun.

Religious bigotry is a common malady in humanity. ..always has been. Exposing it, when it rears its ugly head, is not a pleasant task. I'm sure it is even less pleasant to those exposed.

But one of the great positives in humanity is 'freedom of conscience'.. right up there with due process, presumption of Innocence, and free speech.

The increasing militancy with which some attack, revile, and ridicule Christianity is a disturbing trend. Even if you would succeed in destroying it, it is not a victory for humanity. It would be a step backwards, to forced homogeneity.

It is futile, anyway. Many have tried before you. They are gone and forgotten, while the Bible and Christianity continue to give Life, Meaning, and Hope, in a lost & dying world.

Thanks for another giggle.:D

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The more extreme Christians who espouse the unpleasant, you must be 'saved' dogma, believe that if you ask the long dead Jesus to come into you heart you will get into heaven, and everyone else, however good or decent, will end up in the fires of hell. So in theory someone as evil as Hitler could make a deathbed conversion and go to heaven. Whereas a person who has spent there life helping others, but is not 'saved', will go to hell. CRAZY OR WHAT?:mad: A god who insists on that is a complete psychopath.
All Christians will not be going to heaven.
Some nonbelievers will be going to heaven.
Heaven and Hell
:D:D:D:D:D

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Hindu deities are seldom possessive. I would not say that they never are, but when they are, it is considered to be a fault by Hindus. Hindus do not expect their deities to be possessive, and the deities in the end make up with each other. As perhaps you know, Hindus are free to criticize/analyze their deities.

The story of Hari-Hara is one such example. Shiva and Vishnu (in form of Krishna) supported different factions and fought for them. In the end they realized their oneness (or you can say, Hindus combined them in the form of Hari-Hara, i.e., Vishnu-Shiva).

Harihara_V%26A.jpg
Harihara - Wikipedia (Vishnu with his attributes on left, Shiva with his on right)

"Shivasya hridayam Vishnu, Vishnoshcha hridayam Shivah"
Vishnu is in the heart of Shiva, and in the heart of Vishnu is Shiva)
Hindu Mythology - Wisdom of Hinduism: Shankara Narayan -- Form of Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu (Both are one )

Respectfully: Kali Ma was listed in a recent thread started by Marcion asking RF'ers to list spiritual leaders they admire. I won't post the picture here. But Kali Ma represents dominance? Her story does not end in peaceful balance?

Going back the Title: [divine / eternal] Kanawh, that is often translated as Jealous God in the 2nd of the 10 commandments.

Due to the limited usage of the word Kanawh, It seems like the Tanach presents this as an uncommon or infrequent aspect of God. Just because God happens to operate in a possessive manner on limited occasions, It doesn't mean that God is always jealous or even often jealous. It might mean that God can become jealous.

This is all theoretical. And I am fully aware that many many people who believe in the God of Abraham and worship him behave in an abhorrent, unbalanced, **possessive** manner. But the scripture itself? I don't know if it portrays God as always jealous. Perhaps this is similar in a small way to the inclusion of the deity Kali Ma in the Hindu pantheon?

Maximilian

Energetic proclaimer of Jehovah God's Kingdom.
Rofl at considering the Bible to be a history book

And yet, concerning the Bible, Bahá'u'lláh states, "Reflect: the words of the verses themselves eloquently testify to the truth that they are of God.'' -Kitáb-i-Aqdas, p. 84, 1:91 (Emphasis mine.)

It seems you dispute Bahá'u'lláh and believe God a liar.

Maximilian

Then you do agree that the teaching of a literal hellfire where God sends people to be tortured without mercy for ever and ever to a child can be traumatizing and leave scarring effects on their lives?

The RCC doctrine that God demoniacally tortures billions of immortal spirits for all eternity in a blazing sea of perpetual fire is a Satanic Antichrist mendacity that defames God. As a God of justice and love, he would never create such a vicious and barbaric realm much less prescribe infinite punishment for a finite crime no matter how wicked.

Maximilian

Yeah but that's just your opinion of what you think will happen just like it's the Christian guy's opinion above about who will get into heaven or not.
The RCC doctrine that God demoniacally tortures billions of immortal spirits for all eternity in a blazing sea of perpetual fire is a Satanic Antichrist mendacity that defames God. As a God of justice and love, he would never create such a vicious and barbaric realm much less prescribe infinite punishment for a finite crime no matter how wicked.

JJ50

From your comment here it seems you are of the opinion that evil physically exists like your laptop or your clothes.
Human nature has a propensity to be good or bad. There are some very bad people in this world just as some are very good. Religion can make a person with an unpleasant personality much, much worse! There is a particular poster on this forum whose version of religion has turned them into a religious extremist if their posts are an indication of their true character.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
There is a particular poster on this forum whose version of religion has turned them into a religious extremist if their posts are an indication of their true character.
I think I know who you are speaking about. Chicken and egg? It's hard to tell if the religion caused the behavior, or if there are external factors. In my experience, when people are extreme in their approach to religion ( either positive or negative ) there is a story behind it.

It's hard to say what caused the individual you are speaking about to behave the way they are behaving. But their behavior certainly isn't helping anyone.

Maximilian

Human nature has a propensity to be good or bad. There are some very bad people in this world just as some are very good. Religion can make a person with an unpleasant personality much, much worse! There is a particular poster on this forum whose version of religion has turned them into a religious extremist if their posts are an indication of their true character.

And here’s a remarkable example of how living by Christian principles transforms people's lives for the better as reported in a well-known intercontinental journal-

“In Liberia, Alex served as an altar boy in the Catholic Church. But at the age of 13, he joined a warring faction and became a notorious child soldier. To make himself brave in battle, he turned to witchcraft. Alex saw many of his companions killed, but he survived. In 1997 he met Jehovah’s Witnesses and found that they did not look down on him. Rather, they helped him to learn what the Bible says about violence. Alex left the army. As his faith began to grow, he followed the Bible command: “Let him turn away from what is bad and do what is good; let him seek peace and pursue it.”—1 Peter 3:11.

Meanwhile, a former child soldier named Samson came through the town where Alex now lived. He had been a choirboy but in 1993 became a soldier and got involved in drug abuse, spiritism, and immorality. In 1997 he was demobilized. Samson was heading for Monrovia to join a special security force when a friend persuaded him to study the Bible with Jehovah’s Witnesses, and as a result, he developed a Bible-based faith. This gave him the courage to abandon his warlike ways. Both Alex and Samson now live peaceful and moral lives. Could anything but Bible-based faith make changes in lives that had been so brutalized?”

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe there is a lot of confusion between Heaven and The Kingdom of God. Everyone who wants to go to Heaven may go if God is willing. When a person dies, God decides a persons future. The Kingdom of God requires that a person accept righteousness which boils down to receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior because there is no other way to be righteous.

I believe it is not crazy to expect sinners to repent their sins and receive righteousness.Otherwise the person is insisting that sin is OK and that isn't going to be accepted by God. The emphasis is never on what you were but on what you are willing to be.