• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One twin dies, one twin lives after being left in car at Ala. car dealership

Should they start filing criminal charges against parents for this?

• Total voters

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Nah. It would be highly effective for encouraging discussion, but equally immoral for turning parents into less roles in a real life court drama involving dogs and hefty penalties. I wish it on no one who makes an honest mistake.
Like @Revoltingest you have hit on something I missed. I have changed my vote accordingly.

I look forward to the day I become all-wise, and don't have to admit my lapses in judgement anymore! :oops:

We Never Know

No Slack
I see no reason to assume it's more than typical human behavior. Overall, as a species, it's impressive we've survived for so long. We're forgetful, clutzy, and highly error prone. And then some of us do it as a higher rate than normal. That doesn't excuse it, but at the same time I suspect most of us wouldn't have lived our teens if our head wasn't attached, because we'd have lost it.

I've raised 4 children. I took them to the daycare, to the stores with me, to the park, etc.
I never once forgot them at home, never once forgot them in the car and always knew where they were and watched them while they were with me.
When you become a parent, the children become a priority and routine part of your life. Those twins were 11 months old, well old enough to be a routine part of the parents life and not to be forgotten about.

We Never Know

No Slack
I see no reason to assume it's more than typical human behavior. Overall, as a species, it's impressive we've survived for so long. We're forgetful, clutzy, and highly error prone. And then some of us do it as a higher rate than normal. That doesn't excuse it, but at the same time I suspect most of us wouldn't have lived our teens if our head wasn't attached, because we'd have lost it.

Again I can't help but wonder if people forget to feed their kids, forget to change their diaper, forget they are in the bedroom and run to the store leaving them home, etc.
A child becomes a routine part of life. IMO I can't understand how someone can forget them being in the car. They put them in there to take them somewhere to begin with.

Edit. It's happening more and more.

in 2018, a record number of 53 children died after being left in a hot vehicle.

Hot Car Deaths - Injury Facts

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've raised 4 children. I took them to the daycare, to the stores with me, to the park, etc.
I never once forgot them at home, never once forgot them in the car and always knew where they were and watched them while they were with me.
When you become a parent, the children become a priority and routine part of your life. Those twins were 11 months old, well old enough to be a routine part of the parents life and not to be forgotten about.
That's anecdotal. Unless there is compelling evidence to suggest otherwise, it's human error.