• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One god or twenty gods. Does it matter

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
But, has form of Hindu god done anything at all? One example is enough and I would also like to hear why it is believed so.

I’ll give two:
  • Brahmā created the world and mankind.
  • Krishna gave us the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita.
Why? Our scriptures tell us so.

Please give one example of Hindu prophesy?

I’ll give three:
  • Krishna’s birth and the downfall of Kamsa.
  • Śiśupala ‘s birth and death. Technically I was wrong in saying no human was ever killed by God. Śiśupala was killed by Krishna to fulfill a prophecy that Śiśupala would be killed by Krishna and to liberated from samsara.
  • Kalki’s appearance.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks, and what is the reason you believe it?

I’ll answer your question with a question... Why do you believe what you believe?

Now, so as to not appear back stroking, my beliefs make sense to me. More sense than what I used to believe as a Christian and Bible believer.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I think I answered to that in post #57, Friday at 10:18 PM. But, one reason why I believe is that I see that things go as told in the Bible. And I don't thing people could have done that without God.

What things? Things happen that are not in the Bible, lots of things. You’re trying to show the “superiority” and “truth” of your beliefs while trying to disprove and denigrate mine. Bad form, Bucky, bad form.

C4C1E684-D552-4929-B734-E78A82D74827.jpeg