• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One God or many gods

* God is Not everywhere. God has a home location - 1st Kings 8:39 - just No ZIP code listed.
* God did Not create out of nothing according to Psalm 104:30. God sends forth His spirit to create.
* Because of the gift of free-will (voluntary) God chooses Not to know our choices.
- That is why the number at Rev. 7:9 is still an unknown number to all.
* Because God is also Creator is why He is both from and to everlasting - Psalm 90:2; Rev. 4:11
* God is Not All Powerful because God can Not lie - Titus 1:2; Hebrews 6:18; Numbers 23:19
* God describes the wonderful future for us at Isaiah chapter 35 but as to who will be part of it remains to be seen.
- Jesus will separate the figurative 'sheep and goats' at his coming Glory Time - Matthew 25:31-43,37
* God is Not everywhere. God has a home location - 1st Kings 8:39 - just No ZIP code listed.
We as humans have the tendency of viewing everything from a human perspective. Each of us consists of a consciousness that resides in a body. Since the creation, the existence of mankind has been on a timeline which consists of the birth and death of different consiousnesses. We are born in a particular time period which consists of a calculated history of the knowledge that came before. What we call home is a place where our bodies reside.
1 King 8: 39 Then hear thou in heaven, thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest (for thou, even (that is) thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men)
Our reality is in the mind of the Father, and therefore, He is aware of everything that has happened, is happening, and will happen. He transcends time, and therefore, is not restricted as we are. Heaven is not a place with walls or boundary lines. Heaven is anywhere that His Holy Spirit is. If there exists an empty box in our reality, does that mean that He is inside the box? Of course not! Why would He want to be if nothing is going on inside. He interacts with our reality through His Holy Spirit. Living beings become the temple of the Father when He indwells them with His Holy Spirit. He is in heaven and yet He is able to hear our prayers. He knows the heart of every person that ever lives.
The Heart
Gen 6: 5 The heart has thoughts and imagination
Dan 6: 14 The heart has motivation or direction
Gen 6: 6 The heart grieves
Gen 8: 21, 24: 45 The heart speaks to itself
Gen 18: 5 The heart can be comforted
Gen 45: 26 The heart can faint
Exod 4: 14 The heart can be glad
Exod 4: 21 The heart can be hardened ( made firm or unchanging)
Exod 25: 2 The heart has a will
Exod 31: 6 The heart can be wise
Num 32: 7 The heart can be discouraged
Deut 29:4 The heart can perceive
1 Sam 4: 13 The heart can be fearful
: ConclusionThe heart is the consciousness that is in every being. This consciousness has a motivation for existing, which is, Me first and God and others, second.
Eph 4: 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Isaiah 63: 9-10 In all their affliction He was afflicted, and the angel of His presence saved them; and in His pity He redeemed them; and He bore them, and carried them all the days of old. But they rebelled, and vexed His Holy Spirit; therefore, He was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
In this scripture Isaiah is stating that the Holy Spirit is the angel of God's (the Father's) presence. Where His Holy Spirit is, the Father is. The Holy Spirit is a portal through which the Father can motivate, communicate, empower, enlighten, and speak through in our reality. It is referred to as an angel because it can be sent just like angels are messengers sent by God.
1Cor 3: 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
John 14: 16-20, 23 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever; Even (that is) the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me. Because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. Jesus answered, and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words; and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
John 14: 7-11 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also; and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been such a long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father, and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? Believest thou that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I speak unto you, I speak not of myself; but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me; or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Last edited:

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
We as humans have the tendency of viewing everything from a human perspective. Each of us consists of a consciousness that resides in a body. Since the creation, the existence of mankind has been on a timeline which consists of the birth and death of different consiousnesses. We are born in a particular time period which consists of a calculated history of the knowledge that came before. What we call home is a place where our bodies reside.
1 King 8: 39 Then hear thou in heaven, thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest (for thou, even (that is) thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men)
Our reality is in the mind of the Father, and therefore, He is aware of everything that has happened, is happening, and will happen. He transcends time, and therefore, is not restricted as we are. Heaven is not a place with walls or boundary lines. Heaven is anywhere that His Holy Spirit is. If there exists an empty box in our reality, does that mean that He is inside the box? Of course not! Why would He want to be if nothing is going on inside. He interacts with our reality through His Holy Spirit. Living beings become the temple of the Father when He indwells them with His Holy Spirit. He is in heaven and yet He is able to hear our prayers. He knows the heart of every person that ever lives.
The Heart
: ConclusionThe heart is the consciousness that is in every being. This consciousness has a motivation for existing, which is, Me first and God and others, second.
Eph 4: 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Isaiah 63: 9-10 In all their affliction He was afflicted, and the angel of His presence saved them; and in His pity He redeemed them; and He bore them, and carried them all the days of old. But they rebelled, and vexed His Holy Spirit; therefore, He was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
In this scripture Isaiah is stating that the Holy Spirit is the angel of God's (the Father's) presence. Where His Holy Spirit is, the Father is. The Holy Spirit is a portal through which the Father can motivate, communicate, empower, enlighten, and speak through in our reality. It is referred to as an angel because it can be sent just like angels are messengers sent by God.
1Cor 3: 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
John 14: 16-20, 23 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever; Even (that is) the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me. Because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. Jesus answered, and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words; and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
John 14: 7-11 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also; and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been such a long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? He that hath seen me hath seen the Father, and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? Believest thou that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I speak unto you, I speak not of myself; but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me; or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Agree with both. I see God as Universal Consciousness. He is all.pervasive including in our hearts if we connect with His Universality. He is outside of us if we connect with His particularity outside and unable to connect with Him being within.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I once had a rabbi preach a sermon on why God instructed the temple be built. He began with the sentence, and I remember it like it was yesterday, "God is everywhere, and is everywhere ignored."

Pogo

I've made many threads about it. But basically a feature of God is that he so great he encompasses a level of existence that is comprehensive enough that it's impossible he does not exist.
So you assert without actual evidence,though I will grant you that you have made many threads.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
To people on RF who believe in many gods, why do you believe that and not in only one god?

To people on RF who believe in one god, why do you believe that and not in many gods?
The is One God and its expression is the Universe.
The Universal God expresses itself through Galaxies,
The Galactic God expresses itself through Star Systems
The Star God expresses itself though Planets

You get the picture....there is a Celestial Hierarchy/Holarchy of Gods.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails

The vedas say that the material universe and brahman are both son and father of each other. This matches with panpsychism that matter has consciousness. Maybe this consciousness joined and that is what we call God.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
God is not everywhere ignored. This forum is a proof. Glass is half full and half empty. Let us focus on the half full. The priest was probably blackmailing emotionally.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Either he is coming any day now (they have been promising this for how many centuries now? Even uneducated goat herders understand that the boy crying wolf a few many times is just having fun with them but this greed for the easy lazy life seems to brainwash even the best of minds), a quick wave of his magic wand and we are all sitting pretty
Or
We can run away from all this pain & suffering and enjoy the good life in Heaven
No one mentions any work being done in Heaven, no one even asks!
An idle, lazy, useless, uncaring, selfish, cowardly freeloader existence for eternity!
God's Grand Plan!
Amazing to see such fantasies being bandied about without being challenged
Yipes, who have you been speaking to.
I often mention the 'work' being done in Heaven. Please read Revelation 5:9-10.
The people who have a first or earlier resurrection (Rev. 20:6) govern over Earth with Jesus for a thousand years.
They have two (2) jobs to do serve as both kings and priests.
* As kings they will take care of governmental responsibilities towards people on Earth.
* As priests they will take care of spiritual duties towards people living forever on Earth.
Remember: Jesus promised that humble meek people will inherit the Earth - Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26.
Those who are Not part of the first or earlier resurrection can have a physical earthly resurrection - Acts 24:15
Those of us still alive on Earth at Jesus' coming Glory Time of separation - Matthew 24:31-34,37 - can remain alive on Earth, and be here on Earth to see calendar Day One of Jesus' Millennium-Long Day governing over Earth for a thousand years.
Notice God's eternal Grand Prize at Revelation 22:2 that there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations.
Healing to the point on Earth that No one will say, " I am sick...." - Isaiah 33:24
Notice what happens to our 'last enemy' on Earth according to 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Heart
I like that you say 'home is where our body resides', but we can be homesick for where our body does Not reside.
Since God sends forth His spirit (Psalm 104:30) then to me Heaven (of heavens) is Not everywhere.
I'd like to add the verse at Jeremiah 17:9 because the heart can be treacherous deceitful.
The heart can be like a traitor living within us encouraging us to do something, and after we do it then the heart gives us all the reasons why we should Not have done what we did in the first place.
So, No wonder why 'man can't direct his step' (Jer. 10:23) so that is why we needed God to step in and He did by sending Jesus to us and for us :)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
ALL the material world is part of Creation ( Universe, Galaxies, Stars, Planets )
All of creation is from one singular Creator according to Revelation 4:11.

RamaRaksha

*banned*
Yipes, who have you been speaking to.
I often mention the 'work' being done in Heaven. Please read Revelation 5:9-10.
The people who have a first or earlier resurrection (Rev. 20:6) govern over Earth with Jesus for a thousand years.
They have two (2) jobs to do serve as both kings and priests.
* As kings they will take care of governmental responsibilities towards people on Earth.
* As priests they will take care of spiritual duties towards people living forever on Earth.
Remember: Jesus promised that humble meek people will inherit the Earth - Matthew 5:5; Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26.
Those who are Not part of the first or earlier resurrection can have a physical earthly resurrection - Acts 24:15
Those of us still alive on Earth at Jesus' coming Glory Time of separation - Matthew 24:31-34,37 - can remain alive on Earth, and be here on Earth to see calendar Day One of Jesus' Millennium-Long Day governing over Earth for a thousand years.
Notice God's eternal Grand Prize at Revelation 22:2 that there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations.
Healing to the point on Earth that No one will say, " I am sick...." - Isaiah 33:24
Notice what happens to our 'last enemy' on Earth according to 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
"I often mention the 'work' being done in Heaven. Please read Revelation 5:9-10"
I am not familiar with the Bible, as you are, I am sure, not familiar with the holy books of other religions
Can you please write down in detail what is this work that is being done?
And why God needs to get it done?
How much does it pay? Is it enough to live on? How is the cost of living in Heaven?
How are the rents? Food costs?