• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One for Israel

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
If you don't mind me asking, have you ever had a personal experience of God's presence? Do you know of any Jews who claim to have had a direct encounter with God (but not with Jesus)?
It's a difficult question to be honest. The simple answer is, yes, it's something I've experienced. It was a feeling of connection with something timeless, benevolent, and involved in my life.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you think you've made it easy for yourself by restricting the laws to seven?!

Do you think a holy God will accept a less than holy person on the day of reckoning?
I didn't choose the laws and there are technically more than seven: Jewish Noahidism | Religious Forums

G-d only expects of each person what can be expected of him. We are all held to our individual standard. If you are incapable of reaching a certain level, G-d will not hold you accountable for not doing what was impossible for you. Nor has everyone the same expectations; a layman is not expected to do the same things as a priest, nor a priest as a king.

Redemptionsong

I didn't choose the laws and there are technically more than seven: Jewish Noahidism | Religious Forums

G-d only expects of each person what can be expected of him. We are all held to our individual standard. If you are incapable of reaching a certain level, G-d will not hold you accountable for not doing what was impossible for you. Nor has everyone the same expectations; a layman is not expected to do the same things as a priest, nor a priest as a king.
Does this mean that there is no failure? Is the kingdom of God open to all who make an effort?

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Does this mean that there is no failure. The kingdom of God is open to all who make an effort?
Definitely. If you really strive to do what's right and good before G-d, no matter how may times you fall, you rise again and learn from your mistakes and keep going. You are rewarded for the good you do; even if in once instance you only intended to do something good but are prevented, that intent is rewarded.

Redemptionsong

It's a difficult question to be honest. The simple answer is, yes, it's something I've experienced. It was a feeling of connection with something timeless, benevolent, and involved in my life.
Do you ever petition God for your needs? Do you think God answers that sort of prayer?

Redemptionsong

Definitely. If you really strive to do what's right and good before G-d, no matter how may times you fall, you rise again and learn from your mistakes and keep going. You are rewarded for the good you do; even if in once instance you only intended to do something good but are prevented, that intent is rewarded.
Does it, therefore, depend on the balance of the scales at the time of death?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Does it, therefore, depend on the balance of the scales at the time of death?
Not necessarily. It depends where one goes after death. One could go to Sheol and be purified, or it one were really bad - perhaps he killed himself - he may not even be allowed into Hell (a temporary dwelling) and will have to remain in this world as spirit for a time. It's not a simple topic and not really the jist of this thread, but no; you can be redeemed after death.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think it's rare that God directly answers these prayers. If they are answered, the needs are met through natural circumstances.

Which can be seen as God's given system, thus the answer unfolds as we become more in tune with that system.

I personally see God knows all our thoughts and choices, before we made them and thus all life is a gift of choice.

That is why I also have Faith that all the promiss of God, do and will unfold in time.

Regards Tony

Redemptionsong

Occasionally I petition God. More often, prayer for me is in the form of gratitude.

I think it's rare that God directly answers these prayers. If they are answered, the needs are met through natural circumstances.

What is the point of the Messiah coming if not to do something that man cannot do?

A lot of the focus of the One for Israel testimonies is on the part played by Jesus as Saviour from sin. Do you believe you can save yourself from sin? Or do you not believe you are a sinner?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
This led me to think about the importance of the heart in our search for God.

1 Samuel 16:7. 'But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.'

Mark 16:14. 'Afterward he [Jesus] appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.'
:greenheart:I like these verses:greenheart:

Do you think you're honest regarding the needs of your heart?

I know the importance of a pure heart, to be able to experience the Divine. I also know that I still have a lot to purify.

What causes us to become 'hard of heart'?
The cause is clear to me. Building a stone wall around me, because I am afraid to open up; hence Jesus his analogy about "be as innocent as a child".

When I follow Truth, Righteousness, Peace and Non-Violence the Love will start flowing
When I avoid lying, cheating, quarreling, violence, jealousy, greediness, envy, malice, hate, anger, desires (worldly) then my heart will unlock

Sarcasm, irony and cynicism are good ways to close my heart, becoming "hard of heart"

Note: "Hard of heart is not wrong". It happened when I was ignorant, and now it takes "heart work" to undo it; to unlock my heart

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
What is the point of the Messiah coming if not to do something that man cannot do?
It's a mystery... imho
A lot of the focus of the One for Israel testimonies is on the part played by Jesus as Saviour from sin.
I noticed that in the video I watched.
Do you believe you can save yourself from sin? Or do you not believe you are a sinner?
Not me, I don't save myself from sin. But I atone for my own sins, and God forebears inbetween atonement.

Redemptionsong

:greenheart:I like these verses:greenheart:

I know the importance of a pure heart, to be able to experience the Divine. I also know that I still have a lot to purify.

The cause is clear to me. Building a stone wall around me, because I am afraid to open up; hence Jesus his analogy about "be as innocent as a child".

When I follow Truth, Righteousness, Peace and Non-Violence the Love will start flowing
When I avoid lying, cheating, quarreling, violence, jealousy, greediness, envy, malice, hate, anger, desires (worldly) then my heart will unlock

Sarcasm, irony and cynicism are good ways to close my heart, becoming "hard of heart"

Note: "Hard of heart is not wrong". It happened when I was ignorant, and now it takes "heart work" to undo it; to unlock my heart

I like what you say, but can we achieve this purity without the help of God?

Redemptionsong

It's a mystery... imho
I noticed that in the video I watched.

Not me, I don't save myself from sin. But I atone for my own sins, and God forebears in between atonement.

But why should God save you if you're not righteous or holy? If God reads the heart, then our hearts must be without blemish or spot. How is this achieved?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I like what you say, but can we achieve this purity without the help of God?
I do not know about others, if they can achieve this purity on their own, but I have Divine Help, and I could not do it without God's Grace

How I see it: "I do my best and God does the rest". So, although Self Effort is essential, Divine Grace is also indispensable

Redemptionsong

Not necessarily. It depends where one goes after death. One could go to Sheol and be purified, or it one were really bad - perhaps he killed himself - he may not even be allowed into Hell (a temporary dwelling) and will have to remain in this world as spirit for a time. It's not a simple topic and not really the jist of this thread, but no; you can be redeemed after death.

How can you know that there is life after death?

Redemptionsong

I do not know about others, if they can achieve this purity on their own, but I have Divine Help, and I could not do it without God's Grace

How I see it: "I do my best and God does the rest". So, although Self Effort is essential, Divine Grace is also indispensable
What do you say when you hear people, like me, say that Jesus Christ is the only way to God [eternal life]?