• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"One Fact to Refute Creationism"

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No deliberation to be had here. #handsupdontshoot

Well if you agree with him then my job is done here. Toodles!

Oh my! More bogus claims. You would have agreed with him too. Tell me, is Newton's Principia a sexist text? Is Einstein's E = mc^2 sexist? Or is it insane to claim that those are sexist?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
OMG, You missed the entire point of his presentation. And, no, I'm not going to explain it to you. I prefer to leave it to you as a learning challenge. Now, go and watch it again.

Again not my opinions. This is the opinions of far left liberals like yourself.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Again not my opinions. This is the opinions of far left liberals like yourself.

What makes you think that Skwim is a "far left liberal"?

Oh my! Or me either. You really need to watch it, now you are openly breaking the rules here. I am fairly conservative. The fact that I do not believe the myths of the Bible does not make me liberal.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
No deliberation to be had here. #handsupdontshoot
Presenting an article about something someone said once and trying to paint that person therefore as a "bigot" and therefore as discredited is dishonest, especially if the person has subsequently apologized for the remark, and said remark has no impact whatsoever on the individual's reliability or credibility as a scientist.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If you say so. The article speaks for itself.

Yet you were the one that made a claim that is quite apparently false against Dawkins and now you are running away from it. Here is a suggestion, read your sources before you link them. Listen to the videos that you link before you post them.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Oh my! Or me either. You really need to watch it, now you are openly breaking the rules here. I am fairly conservative. The fact that I do not believe the myths of the Bible does not make me liberal.

Skwim is a proud liberal. If I mistaken your political leaning based on your attitude I apologize.

Presenting an article about something someone said once and trying to paint that person therefore as a "bigot" is dishonest, especially if the person has subsequently apologized for the remark, and said remark has no impact whatsoever on the individuals reliability or credibility as a scientist.

Take it up with the Guardian for not retracting the story then.

Yet you were the one that made a claim that is quite apparently false against Dawkins and now you are running away from it.

Not running away from anything. It's not my view or opinion. I cited an article and your freaking out.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Either you didn't watch the video again or you simply fail to understand it. I give up.

I understand the video. But there is a reason why Dawkins has been accused of being sexist. A single tweet is not the sole reason. This video amongst others show a repeated history of this issue. That video is several years old.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Skwim is a proud liberal. If I mistaken your political leaning based on your attitude I apologize.

Not running away from anything. It's not my view or opinion. I cited an article and your freaking out.

You made a claim that the article does not claim. No one is "freaking out" here except for you. Look at the weak defense that you put up. You found a video where he listed the claims of specific feminists that were insane. The title of the video was not necessarily Dawkins, that was the title of the person that listened to that list.

It is perfectly fine not to like someone. But it is not fine to make false claims about that person, and that is what you did. And Swim may be a liberal. That does not make him a "far left liberal". There is a big difference. Making false claims about others is simply not a good idea.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

How do you not understand that we aren't contesting the article itself (although clearly there is an issue with its wording) despite the fact that I have said this multiple times?

The issue is YOU presenting it as a means to discredit Dawkins as a scientist and not acknowledging his subsequent retraction.

The issue is YOU being dishonest, not the article, and if you continue to ignore this and keep ignoring our very explicit explanations, that only paints you as an even more dishonest person.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I understand the video. But there is a reason why Dawkins has been accused of being sexist. A single tweet is not the sole reason. This video amongst others show a repeated history of this issue. That video is several years old.
Sure, there's plenty of arguments to be had about Dawkins' views on women - views which even he admits are evolving.

How does this reflect on his reliability or credibility as a scientist?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

And the video was out of context. We do not know what specific point he was trying to make. All we can tell from that video is that there are some truly crazy feminists. But then with any large enough group we can find truly crazy people. It did not support your claim.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am done with the apparently false charges against Dawkins until an answer is given to the question in the video presented in the OP:

Enoch07

Premium Member
You made a claim that the article does not claim.

The article speaks for itself. It does claim Dawkins is sexist. Sexism, bigotry, and prejudice are all related. They just take different forms is all. Bigotry vs Sexist - What's the difference?

He does hold prejudice based on religion. Evidenced by his remarks about religion and religious people. So that is a check mark on bigot. He has displayed evidence of sexism, even if he apologized for it later. The evidence is what it is. :shrug:

Enoch07

Premium Member
Sure, there's plenty of arguments to be had about Dawkins' views on women - views which even he admits are evolving.

How does this reflect on his reliability or credibility as a scientist?

I never said it did. Dunno why you even brought it up to be honest.

Enoch07

Premium Member
The issue is YOU presenting it as a means to discredit Dawkins as a scientist and not acknowledging his subsequent retraction.

The issue is YOU being dishonest, not the article, and if you continue to ignore this and keep ignoring our very explicit explanations, that only paints you as an even more dishonest person.

How can I be dishonest about a claim I never made?

You are the one appearing to be dishonest by trying to strawman my argument into a discrediting Dawkins works as a scientist argument. Which I have made no mention of.

Quote me where I said his work as a scientist is null/void because of this article. You can't because it's all in your head.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How can I be dishonest about a claim I never made?

You are the one appearing to be dishonest by trying to strawman my argument into a discrediting Dawkins works as a scientist argument. Which I have made no mention of.

Quote me where I said his work as a scientist is null/void because of this article. You can't because it's all in your head.
If that is your claim then deal with the OP. This looks like a desperate attempt at a runaround to me.