• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Old Liturgies

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Does anyone know where I could buy book copies of the old Catholic liturgical rites? I mean such as the York Rite, Sarum, etc. in Latin, or in Latin with English? Has anyone collected them?

Thanks.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Does anyone know where I could buy book copies of the old Catholic liturgical rites? I mean such as the York Rite, Sarum, etc. in Latin, or in Latin with English? Has anyone collected them?

Thanks.
Aren't these pre-Reformation, though?

I think you might have to contact a church history faculty at a university for where to find facsimiles.

Oops, just found this, in the references to the Wiki article on the SarumRite: The Sarum Rite

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Have you tried reaching out the Vatican Library? :p

Seriously though, a church priest might know where to access that for you.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Yes, that's why I want them. Mediaeval.
OK. Anyway, try looking at the references in the Wiki articles as a start and go the academic contacts route if you have no luck. Why not try Canterbury, since you are going there in September?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
OK. Anyway, try looking at the references in the Wiki articles as a start and go the academic contacts route if you have no luck. Why not try Canterbury, since you are going there in September?
I will :)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Thanks.
Try worldcat. WorldCat.org: The World's Largest Library Catalog Then sort them by 'Newest'. Using this method I found a copy of Sarum printed in 2022

Using worldcat you can get ISBN numbers, editor names and sometimes book sellers.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
A university library could probably also help, although you may need to speak with an actual Librarian to assist with such records.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Try worldcat. WorldCat.org: The World's Largest Library Catalog Then sort them by 'Newest'. Using this method I found a copy of Sarum printed in 2022

Using worldcat you can get ISBN numbers, editor names and sometimes book sellers.
The copy of Giger's Necronomicon that I have held in my position, it came from a library in Germany with the hold placed through IU's partnership or whatever with WorldCat (or something similar to, it has been awhile).

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The copy of Giger's Necronomicon that I have held in my position, it came from a library in Germany with the hold placed through IU's partnership or whatever with WorldCat (or something similar to, it has been awhile).
In 1986 those were for sale at Walden Books.