• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oklahoma a Step Closer to Requiring a Database on Patients Who Have Had Abortions

Laniakea

Not of this world
That is foolishness on your part. If you want to convince someone of something why would you use a source that is less than honest? You appear to be admitting that you do not care how honest a person is as long as they are on your side.

Did you not notice that I said the most important figure is now whether they are right wing or left wing, but whether the source is known to be honest of not.
Since you've predetermined that any source that is right wing is dishonest, then there is no point in trying to prove anything to you from a right wing point of view since the only news source that is going to put out the information that a right wing point of view is one that you consider to be dishonest, then there's no point in giving you any citations. You only believe what comes from leftist new sources, and those are the only ones you will accept, and therefore only left wing viewpoints are the ones you will consider to be honest.
It's a closed-loop way of thinking that you've adopted, and is not open to differing viewpoints.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Since you've predetermined that any source that is right wing is dishonest, then there is no point in trying to prove anything to you from a right wing point of view since the only news source that is going to put out the information that a right wing point of view is one that you consider to be dishonest, then there's no point in giving you any citations. You only believe what comes from leftist new sources, and those are the only ones you will accept, and therefore only left wing viewpoints are the ones you will consider to be honest.
It's a closed-loop way of thinking that you've adopted, and is not open to differing viewpoints.
No, I never said that. You have a tendency to pick sources that when scrutinized are far less than honest. Do not worry, the left has those two.

Look at this graph:

1708923195252.png

You can see when you go either far left or far right that the honesty of both sides tends to fall. What I have always suggested is that you try to get something from the top middle if you want to "prove" anything. If your goal is to only show that you cannot reason rationally then go ahead and get a source from the lower right or even left.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Nobody told the greedy doctors to leave. They made that decision themselves.
Not an argument.
It doesn't matter if they left because they are greedy or because they couldn't do their job. They left. That is the fact that's relevant. And since they left, healthcare access for women became worse in the state.
Abortion is big money, and those doctors will abandon the general healthcare of women to pursue the big abortion money in blue regions of the country.
You know what's also big money? Arms dealing. Would you agree that it would be a good idea if the blue states passed some comprehensive gun laws?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nobody told the greedy doctors to leave. They made that decision themselves. Abortion is big money, and those doctors will abandon the general healthcare of women to pursue the big abortion money in blue regions of the country.
What makes you think that abortion is big money. Have you been listening to Republicans again? Do you know how we know that Republicans were never about lowering the number of abortions? Here is the answer and I guarantee it will be beyond your understanding:

They opposed? Planned Parenthood.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Nice little "tale", but let's just stick with reality here. Don't let Hollywood fiction cause you panic over government conspiracy theories.
My point is that the "little tale" is sadly becoming reality right before our eyes.
Which is exactly what happened in the book. The characters in the book were sure it couldn't happen either. Until it did. And it all happened in small, barely noticeable, incremental steps like these.

That's my point.

P.S. That "Hollywood fiction" was written by a Canadian woman who didn't include anything in the book that hasn't already happened sometime, somewhere, at some point in time.

Firenze

Premium Member
A disgusting idea. But I am going to predict that nothing like this will ever happen.

Because if something like this did exist, it would list just as many conservative/republican woman as democrats. If such a database did exist it would contain the names of the wives and daughters of republican congressmen, senators and governors, and perhaps the names of congresswomen themselves.

That will never be allowed to happen.
I’m thinking it would actually list more republicans, with a major cause of unwanted pregnancy being lack of education…

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
"women freedom to make their own decisions"

"Their own" being key words there. How many are coerced and/or persuaded, pressured by friends, boyfriends, husbands, parents, other family members, etc to get an abortion.
Those people, that pressure/peer pressure more than likely greatly affects their own decisions.
This goes both ways though. Women are also coerced, persuaded, pressured, etc. to NOT have an abortion.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Effing Fascists!
An Oklahoma bill that would create a database of every person who obtained an abortion is one step closer to becoming law.​
The so-called Oklahoma Right To Human Life Act, authored by state Rep. Kevin West, passed out of the Public Health Committee last week and moves to a full House vote next month. The bill would require the Oklahoma State Department of Health to create a database in which each patient is identified by a “unique patient identifier” to track how many abortions a patient has and when. That information and the identity of the patient could be released to authorities under a court order.​
Oklahoma already outlaws all abortions except when necessary to save the life of the mother, without exceptions for rape or incest.​
No privacy in America
So much for the land of the free.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Nobody told the greedy doctors to leave. They made that decision themselves. Abortion is big money, and those doctors will abandon the general healthcare of women to pursue the big abortion money in blue regions of the country.
It's not about money. It's about potentially being prosecuted as a criminal for providing reproductive healthcare to women.

We Never Know

No Slack
Uh huh, but many men identify as women, so we have to keep them supplied in a way that doesn't bring them shame, even though they're "proud" of who they are.
Don't ask me to explain it. I'm just the messenger.

Half of that stuff is now put in the boys bathrooms.

You lost me here.
Can you explain how men that identify as women need free implants, free IUD's, free injections, free pills or free vaginal rings and how it would benefit them being in the boys bathroom?

Did you mean women that identify as men?

Last edited:

Laniakea

Not of this world
Not an argument.
It doesn't matter if they left because they are greedy or because they couldn't do their job. They left. That is the fact that's relevant. And since they left, healthcare access for women became worse in the state.

It actually does matter. If they're leaving out of greed, then they are the ones you should be blaming for leaving. Instead, you blame others.

You know what's also big money? Arms dealing. Would you agree that it would be a good idea if the blue states passed some comprehensive gun laws?

Not an argument.

Heyo

Veteran Member
It actually does matter. If they're leaving out of greed, then they are the ones you should be blaming for leaving. Instead, you blame others.
Who says anything about blame? It's just about facts. And fact is that there are fewer ob-gyns in states with restrictive reproduction laws. Do you deny that?
Not an argument.
Nope, a question. One you choose to ignore because trying to answer it would inevitably lead to cognitive dissonance.