• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh Deer!

.lava

Veteran Member
I listened to what he said on the phone... and I'm not kidding... This is what he said:

"...Yeah, I'm stuck. I need your truck. I hit a buck, with my truck."

And he said it so much like it was a poem...

:D It made me laugh so much. I still wonder if he said it that way on purpose...

made me laugh too :D

Hey Charity! i don't know what to say. you made me smile with you OP. i was not expecting an accident in the end. i also wish you would not have any problems because of this accident.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hit a buck, with my truck.
Hit a stag, with my Jag.
Hit a hart with my... Go-cart???

A challenge to English Majors everywhere.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Hit a buck, with my truck.
Hit a stag, with my Jag.
Hit a hart with my... Go-cart???

A challenge to English Majors everywhere.
Hit a buck, with my truck
Dang my luck, It does suck! :p

Thanks Seyorni at least it helps to laugh.....;)

Hope

Princesinha
Now just in time for that joyous time of year to start....Saturday night *cough* well early Sunday morning after my usual Saturday night dancing time, I was returning home, watching cautiously for the many deer that were out along the highway. The last words from a friend was "drive carefully and watch for the deer"....Well I managed to avoid any confrontation and stopped several times to let the beautiful little creatures cross to safety.....I was on the main highway leading to my house, drove though the bridge, slowing down because it was only about 40 feet when I would make the familiar left turn on the road leading to my house..."Home" I could see my house from the bridge :yes:....I relaxed, then out of no where came the dreaded "Wham" in the middle of the front of my sweet F150....I watched as the Buck was knocked to the ground and slid through the opening in the guard rail into the creek...Meanwhile I hit the guard rail trying to avoid the deer.
Then it hit me, I am only 5 weeks from just having major surgery and I have just sustained a very large jolt to my neck and shoulders and what damage is there to my truck? :sad: About $4,500 and I have to go have x rays at the request of my neuro surgeon........Deer aren't so pretty to me anymore....
Anyway my son in law found the deer lying in a neighbor's yard. My son had just been hunting Saturday morning and killed 2 deer, I called him and said I got a buck and it was bigger than yours.....He said yes, but I didn't tear up my truck in the process....:eek: Oh deer!

I'm so sorry that happened, Charity! But I can totally sympathize, having slammed into deer a couple of times myself. The first time happened at night, and the deer, a young buck, was catapulted halfway across the hood of my car. In the second instance, just last year, a deer ran headfirst into my driver's side door, his head shattering my driver's side window all over me and coming within inches of my own head. His impact also tore off my driver's side mirror and left a large, long crack in my windshield. Though badly shaken after both experiences, I was unhurt, save a minor scrape or two. But now I am ultra-paranoid, and freak out whenever I see deer near the road----which is quite often, since I live in a rural area. :eek:

I'm sorry about your truck, and do hope and pray you are physically all right. :hug: