• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh Deer!

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Now just in time for that joyous time of year to start....Saturday night *cough* well early Sunday morning after my usual Saturday night dancing time, I was returning home, watching cautiously for the many deer that were out along the highway. The last words from a friend was "drive carefully and watch for the deer"....Well I managed to avoid any confrontation and stopped several times to let the beautiful little creatures cross to safety.....I was on the main highway leading to my house, drove though the bridge, slowing down because it was only about 40 feet when I would make the familiar left turn on the road leading to my house..."Home" I could see my house from the bridge :yes:....I relaxed, then out of no where came the dreaded "Wham" in the middle of the front of my sweet F150....I watched as the Buck was knocked to the ground and slid through the opening in the guard rail into the creek...Meanwhile I hit the guard rail trying to avoid the deer.
Then it hit me, I am only 5 weeks from just having major surgery and I have just sustained a very large jolt to my neck and shoulders and what damage is there to my truck? :sad: About $4,500 and I have to go have x rays at the request of my neuro surgeon........Deer aren't so pretty to me anymore....
Anyway my son in law found the deer lying in a neighbor's yard. My son had just been hunting Saturday morning and killed 2 deer, I called him and said I got a buck and it was bigger than yours.....He said yes, but I didn't tear up my truck in the process....:eek: Oh deer!

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Charity Im sorry to hear that....

I'll be praying that you're O.K....

A friend of mine recently hit a cow..She and her family (six children) were all O.K...But it totalled their van..And the cow was not marked..and the owncer never came forward to claim the animal..And it was their neglegence the animal was out in the road..So they just had to take the loss...

Are you feeling O.K?..I mean is there any evidence you may be hurt?

Love

Dallas

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Charity Im sorry to hear that....

I'll be praying that you're O.K....

A friend of mine recently hit a cow..She and her family (six children) were all O.K...But it totalled their van..And the cow was not marked..and the owncer never came forward to claim the animal..And it was their neglegence the animal was out in the road..So they just had to take the loss...

Are you feeling O.K?..I mean is there any evidence you may be hurt?

Love

Dallas
Thanks Lana I have had a lot of shoulder pain and stiffness, with a lot of muscle soreness.....We are going to get x rays this afternoon. Hopefully the metal plate is intact and has held the bone graft. I am blessed that it didn't happen 2 or 3 weeks ago.....
I can't believe how much the estimates are to fix the truck....My Gosh, it would be easier if they totaled it and bought a new one..:shrug: It hit the middle of the front of the truck and the grill hit the AC coil that alone is about $600. At least it's driveable for now and I've got to get some more estimates....I could get a complete body make over cheaper than I can get my truck a new body...:D

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Yeah but can you gut a moose?
Yes, but the next time I am going to use the Dang gun......;) bullets and shells are a lot cheaper and easier on my body......:D
The only moose I want is a Chocolate mousse.......Gut a moose? I didn't work in the operating room and not be able to gut a moose..hehe

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Thanks Lana I have had a lot of shoulder pain and stiffness, with a lot of muscle soreness.....We are going to get x rays this afternoon. Hopefully the metal plate is intact and has held the bone graft. I am blessed that it didn't happen 2 or 3 weeks ago.....
I can't believe how much the estimates are to fix the truck....My Gosh, it would be easier if they totaled it and bought a new one..:shrug: It hit the middle of the front of the truck and the grill hit the AC coil that alone is about $600. At least it's driveable for now and I've got to get some more estimates....I could get a complete body make over cheaper than I can get my truck a new body...:D

Do you have full coverage on the truck?

Anyway..I hope your neck is o.k...That would really suck if you had to go through that surgery all over again..

Love

Dallas

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Do you have full coverage on the truck?

Anyway..I hope your neck is o.k...That would really suck if you had to go through that surgery all over again..

Love

Dallas
Yes, I had full coverage which is great.....Their claims department for medical injury has already called me and told me that if I have any medical bills associated with this to send them as I get them......I would rather not have to use that though, hopefully everything will be alright.....It surely would suck to have to go through that surgery again.....Please just shoot me first...:rolleyes:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
That stinks, Charity.

I've had deer on the brain lately. A co-worker of mine sent me a photo of a deer she shot over the weekend.

They are sweet creatures but they are dangerous when in the road. I wish you the best with your back surgery and the vehicle repairs!

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
That stinks, Charity. It's hunting season in many places. A co-worker of mine sent me a photo of a deer she shot over the weekend.

They are sweet creatures but they are dangerous when in the road.

I wish you the best with your back surgery and the vehicle repairs!
Thanks dawny......I appreciate it very much ;) Tell your friend, I'll bet my kill was bigger....and more costly :D

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Thanks dawny......I appreciate it very much ;) Tell your friend, I'll bet my kill was bigger....and more costly :D

I have a hunch it was. She shot a doe. At first, I was sort of horrified because my thoughts were "Dang girl, you shot Bambi." Afterwards, I was sort of in awe that she managed such a clear shot.

I do hope those x-rays come out okay.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Here's a true story:

One day, a long time ago... but not too long, because I was a child and am now only 19... so probably 12 or fewer years ago...

A guy knocked on our door and asked to use our phone, because he had hit a deer on the highway near our house and needed to call his friend for a ride.

I listened to what he said on the phone... and I'm not kidding... This is what he said:

"...Yeah, I'm stuck. I need your truck. I hit a buck, with my truck."

And he said it so much like it was a poem...

Yeah, I'm stuck
I need your truck
I hit a buck
with my truck.

:D It made me laugh so much. I still wonder if he said it that way on purpose...

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I'm sorry to hear about your accident, Charity, I hope there's been no damage to your health. :(

One of my drivers ed teachers always told us that the antlers will decapitate you...

Wow... No.

It really is, sadly, better to hit the deer/animal for a few reasons. Swerving or slamming on the breaks can be far more dangerous, given the road conditions and other circumstances. I slammed on my breaks once going downhill on a gravel road in the rain to avoid two raccoons, and mind you, I was going a reasonable speed for the conditions... my Jeep spun, slid down the hill sideways, started going towards a ditch... I closed my eyes, took my foot off the break, and steered. I ended with the Jeep stopping turned so it was facing the direction I was coming from in the middle of the road. It was terrifying. If I would have just hit the raccoon there would be been a big bump and I would have killed the poor things, but at least I wouldn't have almost totaled my car and scared the crap out of myself.

Another reason is for the insurance company. If you almost hit a deer but swerve and instead smack into a guardrail or tree or what have you, then you really have no proof there was a deer there and that you weren't just being careless. At least if you smack the poor deer there's proof that there was a deer.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I'm sorry to hear about your accident, Charity, I hope there's been no damage to your health. :(

Wow... No.

It really is, sadly, better to hit the deer/animal for a few reasons. Swerving or slamming on the breaks can be far more dangerous, given the road conditions and other circumstances. I slammed on my breaks once going downhill on a gravel road in the rain to avoid two raccoons, and mind you, I was going a reasonable speed for the conditions... my Jeep spun, slid down the hill sideways, started going towards a ditch... I closed my eyes, took my foot off the break, and steered. I ended with the Jeep stopping turned so it was facing the direction I was coming from in the middle of the road. It was terrifying. If I would have just hit the raccoon there would be been a big bump and I would have killed the poor things, but at least I wouldn't have almost totaled my car and scared the crap out of myself.

Another reason is for the insurance company. If you almost hit a deer but swerve and instead smack into a guardrail or tree or what have you, then you really have no proof there was a deer there and that you weren't just being careless. At least if you smack the poor deer there's proof that there was a deer.

:( So the deers have to die so you can get insurance money? I hate the world... If the insurance companies would just stop being jerks, we could try to avoid deers and still not lose tons of money if we accidentally wreck because of deers. :(