• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

nsanely Racist Chinese Detergent Ad "Cleans" a Black Man

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/insanely-racist-chinese-detergent-ad-181200325.html

Well enough said.

So the Chinese government says its actions in Africa are for the benefit of the local people, and yet black people is discriminated in China.

And China accuses other nations of being racist against the Chinese!

In fact in every nation Chinese are well-treated despite a large proportion being spies and criminals!

Chinese men are simply jealous Black men are even way more handsome and attractive than Chinese men, lol.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The more common Chinese attitude towards blacks came out in the discussion as to why so many popular movies do not include blacks as stars, and it was mentioned that it's largely because of the Chinese market whereas movies with blacks in lead roles tend to be avoided.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Because you're derailing and trying to change the subject.

This thread is about Asian anti-blackness, particularly anti-blackness in China.

http://owning-my-truth.com/post/136229285792/the-history-of-anti-african-protests-in-chinese

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/nov/01/lou-jing-chinese-talent-show

No I am not trying to derail and change the subject, you are the one that called Chinese racist and used racist terminology and gross generalizations to further make your point...I am neither confirming or denying your accusations, I am simply pointing out that calling others racist while being a racist yourself undermines any point you are trying to make

In fact in every nation Chinese are well-treated despite a large proportion being spies and criminals!

A large number of Asians are very racist against Chinese, and the Chinese diaspora has been the victim of violence on numerous occasions. Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Korea, etc. (resulting in thousands of deaths, rapes, etc.)

Do you actually live in Asia? If so, you should know this is true. If not, then you seem to be woefully misinformed.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
The ad is disgusting. Next time I am in China I plan on boycotting this particular laundry detergent. That should make them reconsider their ad strategy.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The ad is not racist.

Just insanely prejudicial.

Actually it was kind of funny to be honest. Kind of like ethnic jabbing without ill intent.

People need to lower their sensitivity down a notch or two and see the humor in it.

WATCH: Chinese detergent brand Qiaobi adv controv…:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Actually it was kind of funny to be honest. Kind of like ethnic jabbing without ill intent.

People need to lower their sensitivity down a notch or two and see the humor in it.

WATCH: Chinese detergent brand Qiaobi adv controv…:
I watched it. No, it's not funny and it is very racist. It's based on the old "black man going after the pure lighter-skinned woman" trope, and she's "defending" herself by shoving him away into the washer and "cleaning" him, so he emerges as a socially acceptable light-skinned Chinese man, which makes her visibly happy. It's kind of like Beauty and the Beast, where the black man is supposed to be the "ugly beast" who isn't worthy of the lighter-skinned woman. **** that ad.

(For the record, Beauty and the Beast was the first movie I saw in theaters, and I got upset at the end when the Beast turns back into the Prince. I got up out of my seat and started walking towards the screen, crying and saying "where's the Beast?!". I liked the Beast and never saw the reason why he should have to change back to get the lady. I never changed my opinion on that.)

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I watched it. No, it's not funny and it is very racist. It's based on the old "black man going after the pure lighter-skinned woman" trope, and she's "defending" herself by shoving him away into the washer and "cleaning" him, so he emerges as a socially acceptable light-skinned Chinese man, which makes her visibly happy. It's kind of like Beauty and the Beast, where the black man is supposed to be the "ugly beast" who isn't worthy of the lighter-skinned woman. **** that ad.

(For the record, Beauty and the Beast was the first movie I saw in theaters, and I got upset at the end when the Beast turns back into the Prince. I got up out of my seat and started walking towards the screen, crying and saying "where's the Beast?!". I liked the Beast and never saw the reason why he should have to change back to get the lady. I never changed my opinion on that.)
I know, that is why I liked Shrek.

freethinker44

Actually it's based off of an Italian commercial done about a decade ago. Funny though, I don't remember this one causing an uproar. Wonder why?

Reactions: MD

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Actually it's based off of an Italian commercial done about a decade ago. Funny though, I don't remember this one causing an uproar. Wonder why?

I know that. That strikes me as racist, too. "Colored is better" and rap starts blaring? It's just a stupid commercial all around.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Is every response of yours in this thread just sarcasm? If so, I don't really appreciate it.
I really do think both of these commercials are racist. I really am disgusted by them.

And there really isn't anything I can do about either of them.

If you want to you can google "racist tv commercials" and you will come up with dozens if not hundreds of these. But what would be the point?

If you have a practical suggestion about what a dude in Canada can do about an offensive Chinese commercial, tell me.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I really do think both of these commercials are racist. I really am disgusted by them.

And there really isn't anything I can do about either of them.

If you want to you can google "racist tv commercials" and you will come up with dozens if not hundreds of these. But what would be the point?

If you have a practical suggestion about what a dude in Canada can do about an offensive Chinese commercial, tell me.
Fair enough. I thought you were mocking the people who find it racist.