• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NRA in Financial Troubles?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Ellen Brown

NRA is in deep financial trouble and may soon 'be unable to exist'

I can't tell if that is true. Or how true that is.

Anyone closer to the NRA want to add to this?

Does it matter if the NRA disappears? I mean, isn't the 2nd amendment good enough?

How many organizations have a clause supporting their ideal already written in the constitution?

Just saying...

I just think that a prerequisite to gun ownership should be the 8 week Basic Training course for the Army. Oh, and guns should have a keyed switch built in so your kid can't shoot his sister. :)

suncowiam

I just think that a prerequisite to gun ownership should be the 8 week Basic Training course for the Army. Oh, and guns should have a keyed switch built in so your kid can't shoot his sister. :)
I also agree.

There should be formal training. It has been suggested that defensive states like Israel and South Korea have lower gun deaths is due to their formal training of everyone from the military.

Ellen Brown

I also agree.

There should be formal training. It has been suggested that defensive states like Israel and South Korea have lower gun deaths is due to their formal training of everyone from the military.

I would have suggested Marine training but they already get too much attention. If I had about 40 years left to live, it would be fun to go to Israel and be in their Army.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Army basic training is both inadequate & inappropriate.
Better than a switch is a gun safe.

The NRA will adjust & survive.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Good, serves them right. And their tax returns that Mueller has will eliminate that corrupt organization.
There's better weapons training organizations out there than the POS NRA.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
In a recent court filing, the powerful organisation that lobbies on behalf of gun makers, owners and campaigns against almost all gun regulations, said it had lost its media insurance coverage
What is "media insurance"?

In the USA, the idea that the NRA might go under due to lack of fundage is ridiculous.
Ridiculous!
The NRA is joining the culture of victimhood and entitlement.
Tom

suncowiam

Why are you asking him? He's a rudderless ship. The FBI has the NRA's tax returns. This is a little advance knowledge of admitting guilt and saying bye bye

He's probably the closest individual to the NRA among us. I don't think of him as a rudderless ship. :)

I trust his knowledge and experience with the NRA.

Ellen Brown

Army basic training is both inadequate & inappropriate.
Better than a switch is a gun safe.

The NRA will adjust & survive.

I carried on the job for a long time. People who carry guns should have training and lots of it. My issue with gun safes is that the guns get left out. Talk to the people who have to pick up the pieces.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I carried on the job for a long time. People who carry guns should have training and lots of it.
I favor training too.
But army basic ain't it.
My issue with gun safes is that the guns get left out.
Not in my house.
A gun not worn is a gun in the safe.
And without a safe, it can be stolen, & a switch defeated.
Talk to the people who have to pick up the pieces.
They won't convince me that a switch is better than a safe.
When carrying, there's no switch to malfunction.
When not carrying, a safe won't malfunction, but a switch can.

suncowiam

What is "media insurance"?

In the USA, the idea that the NRA might go under due to lack of fundage is ridiculous.
Ridiculous!
The NRA is joining the culture of victimhood and entitlement.
Tom

I didn't make much sense of the article, myself. So my thread was more of a question and confirmation...

Not seeing why an organization can go under because of insurance. There seems to be much detail missing or the author is jumping the gun.