• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not wanting sex is abuse now?

freethinker44

Apparently, not wanting to have sex when your significant other does is domestic abuse.
At least that's what this writer thinks.
Why Does The Passive Aggressive Man Withhold Sex?

And before anyone says she isn't saying it's domestic abuse, she also wrote this saying passive aggressive behavior is domestic abuse. Otherwise it is unrelated but equally hilarious. (procrastination and forgetfulness = passive aggressive = domestic abuse)
Passive Aggressive Behavior and Domestic Abuse

And yet I'm the ******* for criticizing certain people for being professional victims.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Men would withhold sex for reasons other than being repulsed or uninterested?
I don't believe it happens.

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
Good lord.

Well, I guess as long as she also endorses men pressuring women into sex after they say no and claiming abuse if they refuse, there's no hypocrisy. :rolleyes:

For the record, consent is and must be a two-way street folks, no matter what your expressed gender is. No matter how long you've been together or what you think of your history or the other person's psychology. If your partner says no, you stop. Mind games included.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Passive-Aggressive......... what a bloody stupid description.
So now, anybody who is even quietly reserved can be criticised.
Probably developed by an HR psycho or somebody similar, so that quiet reservation, disagreement, etc can now be attacked.
Ergo 'If you're not doing what I/we want, I/we can accuse you of nasty conduct'.

And now silly journalists are playing with the term.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Weird. It's usually women who are said to withhold sex as a form of punishment.
I don't know about other women, but my wife's interest in sex rises and falls through a monthly cycle. So if a man is interested in a single woman he will take interest in her cycles and needs. The problem with many couples seems to be that they are just taking taking taking from the relationship all the time, and this just busts it down.
And then idiot journalists try to write clever muck about one side of a relationship, like here. :D

Wirey

Fartist
Apparently, not wanting to have sex when your significant other does is domestic abuse.

And before anyone says she isn't saying it's domestic abuse, she also wrote this saying passive aggressive behavior is domestic abuse. Otherwise it is unrelated but equally hilarious. (procrastination and forgetfulness = passive aggressive = domestic abuse)

And yet I'm the ******* for criticizing certain people for being professional victims.

Men can withhold sex? Since when?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Men can withhold sex? Since when?
Remember that double date in Vegas?
I didn't put out.
th

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
It seems like if he or she doesn't want to have sex anymore and it goes on like that for a while then they should get divorced or breakup. I've no idea, but it really seems like that. Hopefully there aren't children in the situation.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I imagine it can be abusive. If it is used as a form of punishment. If you do so just for the sake of causing emotional harm.

Deidre

So, if a man does it …it’s abuse? Funny, we don’t see articles geared towards accusing women of abuse who do the very same thing.

On another note, if you are good to your partner, and they treat you like crap…RUN FOR THE HILLS. If you’re involved with a person who plays such games, there’s little hope of having a healthy relationship.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Only a woman could conceive of the idea of a man refusing sex to punish a woman. No man would punish himself that way. He might bang his wife a little more forcefully, but that's about it. I'm not entirely convinced that this wasn't originally meant as satire of some sort.

Deidre

Only a woman could conceive of the idea of a man refusing sex to punish a woman. No man would punish himself that way. He might bang his wife a little more forcefully, but that's about it. I'm not entirely convinced that this wasn't originally meant as satire of some sort.
Men who have narcissistic personality disorder do withhold sex. It's one of the hallmark traits of that disorder. That said, a man isn't going to be a great guy in all other areas and then withhold sex when he is angry with his partner. I dislike this article because it implies that.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Men who have narcissistic personality disorder do withhold sex. It's one of the hallmark traits of that disorder. That said, a man isn't going to be a great guy in all other areas and then withhold sex when he is angry with his partner. I dislike this article because it implies that.

Indeed, apart from crippling emotional/psychological conditions, a man would not be super awesome dream guy and then not boink you out of some vindictive and childish control issue.

spiritualhitchhiker

neti, neti, neti

Mainstream psychology doesn't consider narcissism a mental disorder. But I wish you'd have no problem calling women who withhold sex as having narcissistic personality disorder.

Deidre

Mainstream psychology doesn't consider narcissism a mental disorder. But I wish you'd have no problem calling women who withhold sex as having narcissistic personality disorder.
It's not a mental disorder...it's a personality disorder...i never said it's a mental disorder. and women also can have it, too. of course. the thread is about men in the article...so, that's why i brought it up. my point wasn't to single out men but rather to show that if someone is abusing a person in any way, most likely it's taking place well out of the bedroom before sex even becomes a topic. 'good' people don't abuse others, in any way. for any reason.

however, not wishing to have sex isn't abusive. 'withholding' is....