• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not Sure If This Is Okay, But...Need Info.

sol_mas

Spiritual Investigator
To the OP,

There is more than one path to peace, to balance, to spirituality, to communion with the Divine. Many are happy with Christianity, and most of them feel there's is the only path; its what they are taught and it works for them - "What else could there be? Isn't it enough? Why would you wander?". For a time, I was jealous of them - why didn't I find it there?

As others have posted, concepts like Hell, in my experience, are human made. People create most of their own suffering; we don't need help from the Divine for that...

Regarding magick, I haven't found the need for it; it's not always required to be Pagan/Wiccan/etc. (but, then again, I'm on a Dharmic Pagan path). So, if it makes you uncomfortable, just know it's there and leave it alone until or if that changes.

I, too, was Catholic. I found something was missing, something wasn't right (at least for me). I started looking, like you and many others on this forum, and found something amazing. I've found the most peaceful experiences I've ever had while developing my relationship with the Goddess.

May you find peace on your journey, wherever it takes you, and know that you are not alone in this.

-sm

Sylvan

Unrepentant goofer duster
The most together, manifesting, humble, and powerful magician I personally know goes to Catholic Church every Sunday. He spends all day advising people on all matters of occult and spiritual practice who are pagan, satanist, ceremonial magicians, but most often people into Santeria, Brujeria or other primarily african-diasporic religious traditions, and has no judgement about them (well maybe the satanists...). He & his wife (a talented card reader) own a popular local botanica. He doesn't bring this up at Church, but then hes a smart guy and knows what he's doing isn't a sin so he doesn't have to mention it during confession. Or if he does that's something private between him and his confessor (who probably gets quite an earful when he asks the right questions!).

If you really want to stay Catholic there are many magical traditions one can work in, such as I mentioned Santeria, Hoodoo, or simple Saint devotion. One of my main ladies is the celtic fire goddess Brid, who is also Saint Brigid, and later (carried in the hearts of many rebellious Scots and Irish banished as Haitian slave labor) became the Vodou lwa Maman Brigitte, wife of Baron Samedi and queen of the Guede. So these traditions have their connections, despite what some official doctrine says.

There are even a group of Catholic (& Eastern Orthodox) magicians I know of who claim their faith is the only thing allowing them to correctly and safely summon demons out of old grimoires. Many of these old demon summoning manuals were written and certainly used by and circulated among priests, bishops, and in one famous occasion the POPE. Since you're in pagan turf I can tell you.. the Church is feeding you a line here.

The most intense magicians in the world live in South America, particularly Brazil, and they almost all consider themselves Catholic. When asked why they don't go to Church except to baptise their children they will say "I don't like priests." Good enough reason for me.

Its funny because I am in the opposite position as the OP. When a teen I was immediately attracted to pagan practices and jumped in head first (even though raised presbyterian. my parents were cool). I HATED Christianity, and am still occasionally of the opinion that whatever Semetic tribal storm god transformed itself into the deities of Christianity and Islam had to be in some way a vampire hungry for blood. Driving his followers to fight each other so he could drink in all that blood. Now I find myself for various reasons reconciling with that.. if only so I could give up all of this anger toward the collective egregore of christian civilization for allowing such a set of total a**holes to run the world as it as. Its not terribly productive.

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
I pendulum dowsed god for answers
with catholic medals on embroidery thread,
when I first put the RC aside
in favor of one on one,
direct communication with god.

It was certainly an interesting time in my life. ;)

blackout

Violet.
Peace9700 Newbie,

This is the Neopagan/Goddess Worship DIR.
You don't belong in here except to ask respectful questions
of Neopagans/Goddess Worshippers.
Also, there is no proselytizing allowed on Religious Forums.

We are here to discuss and debate.
Not to actively try converting others.

I'm sure a moderator will remove your post here,
and this is why.

Anyhow, as long as you're not here to convert people,
I'm sure you'll enjoy the forums.
(there is an Islam DIR as well, where you can discuss without outside interruption)

V

Last edited: