• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nooooooooo...... Out of coffee........

A Vestigial Mote

There's one bad habit I never acquired.
Same here. I can't get past the taste... or the smell. And then there's the constant complaints from those who feel some mild(ish), downtrodden malaise when they haven't had it. No thanks. I'll stick to naturally waking at 6 AM and not feeling a lick of sluggishness.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
There's one bad habit I never acquired.
And I only get a tiny bit cranky if I don't get my coffee in time....
3154455470_2016b2de07.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Same here. I can't get past the taste... or the smell. And then there's the constant complaints from those who feel some mild(ish), downtrodden malaise when they haven't had it. No thanks. I'll stick to naturally waking at 6 AM and not feeling a lick of sluggishness.
My secret to waking up is to let it happen without alarm clocks.
I hate those things. If I wake up late, it's cuz I needed to.

A Vestigial Mote

My secret to waking up is to let it happen without alarm clocks.
I hate those things. If I wake up late, it's cuz I needed to.
Ha... I actually do the same. I set an alarm clock if I have something important to do (or need to get up earlier for some reason), but otherwise my body has basically been its own alarm clock. It's between 5:50 and 6:15 that I usually find myself waking up every day I've had my average/normal sleep the night before.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ha... I actually do the same. I set an alarm clock if I have something important to do (or need to get up earlier for some reason), but otherwise my body has basically been its own alarm clock. It's between 5:50 and 6:15 that I usually find myself waking up every day I've had my average/normal sleep the night before.
My philosophy....
If I have some task which requires me to wake up before I'm
ready, then that task is the problem, & it should be avoided.

A Vestigial Mote

My philosophy....
If I have some task which requires me to wake up before I'm
ready, then that task is the problem, & it should be avoided.
I sometimes get imposed upon by others requests or needs for my time. Such as a work-related trip for which I need to catch an early flight or head out early if driving. And then there are those times I wanted to wake up early myself to complete a particular task (I used to go to the gym very early when I had a membership) or do something particular when everyone else is asleep (like wrapping super-secret presents).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I sometimes get imposed upon by others requests or needs for my time. Such as a work-related trip for which I need to catch an early flight or head out early if driving. And then there are those times I wanted to wake up early myself to complete a particular task (I used to go to the gym very early when I had a membership) or do something particular when everyone else is asleep (like wrapping super-secret presents).
Work?
Hmmmm....I remember that.
It meant alarm clocks.
Good riddance!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Interesting that this thread appeared...just yesterday I noticed that I am going to run out of coffee beans (when I have coffee, I grind int myself). The thought of running out of coffee was not all that serious to me...but then...I though...MY TEA!!!!! So I immediately went to check my tea supply...... I then discovered I still have all the tea my wife brings back from China and the tea my relatives form China bring me.... and based on that....as far as tea goes..... I think I'm good.....that is unless the pandemic lockdown last past the year 2025..... if it does...then I have a problem

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
If it were not allowed the robot would star it out.

Without just a tiny cup of double strength noisette (macchiato) with a little caramel i am like a bear with a sore head (attention @Wu Wei). It's not that I hoard it, but always have 3 to 4 weeks supply on the shelf which is topped up each week as required.

View attachment 38580

That is exactly what ANY hoarder would say......

Note: I'm not hoarding tea....it is just I have much more than I can possibly use in the next 5 years

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That is exactly what ANY hoarder would say......

Note: I'm not hoarding tea....it is just I have much more than I can possibly use in the next 5 years

Not hoarding, just common sense, what happened if we get snowed in and i run out of coffee. The body count would be too much to bear (see what i did there ;-)}