• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Non-Muslims in Mecca

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
You'd be willing to go to war based on the actions of one individual?
With whom?
Why?

I'd say with anyone (government) who would be willing to support the perpetrator, aid him and not hand him over for prosecution based on Islamic law.

But maybe F0uad is trying to say something else.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I do not know specifically what the religious reason is other than just because people are not Muslims.

However, I do know of some other reasons and if this ban is a result of those then I wholeheartedly agree that non-Muslims should not be allowed. In fact to be honest, if I was in power the 2 events would be sufficient as a reason for me to make the ban, and I probably wouldn't put only Makkah and Madinah out of bounds and allow the surroundings, I would ban the surroundings too.

9/11 is blamed on Muslims, as a result if Muslims wanted to build a mosque there they would not be allowed. They faced so much hatred an opposition for wanting to build a mosque a little further away from the scene.

In Islamic history, two of our leaders were killed in the city of Madinah by hypocrites (non-Muslims) for no reason whatsoever other than to just kill them and want to destroy Islam.

That for me is sufficient enough of a reason to ban all non-Muslims from the 2 sacred cities.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
In Islamic history, two of our leaders were killed in the city of Madinah by hypocrites (non-Muslims) for no reason whatsoever other than to just kill them and want to destroy Islam.

That for me is sufficient enough of a reason to ban all non-Muslims from the 2 sacred cities.

But you can't put all non-Muslims together like that: some people may have hatred towards Islam, but others do not. Most do not. The people who would visit Mecca would, most likely, be individuals who're close to Islam, but too afraid to take shahada yet.

Think about the story of Malcolm X: he started as a black supremacist with distrust towards whites. After going on Hajj, he saw people of all races together and realized that Islam can overcome racial difficulties.

Many individuals on these events would, no doubt, end up becoming Muslims.

I can somewhat understand your reasoning, but it's too extreme: if one or two bananas are bad, you would not tear away all the bananas from all of the trees that you own, and then cut them down and stop the trees from growing.

If you are concerned about the safety of the ummah and of the Kaaba, which I can understand, then allow non-Muslims to go with a tour guide and some security, and only after they have been screened to see if they are hostile to Islam through, I dunno, psych evaluations and background checking, in a similar way that many people who immigrate to a new country are interviewed.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
But you can't put all non-Muslims together like that: some people may have hatred towards Islam, but others do not. Most do not. The people who would visit Mecca would, most likely, be individuals who're close to Islam, but too afraid to take shahada yet.

Think about the story of Malcolm X: he started as a black supremacist with distrust towards whites. After going on Hajj, he saw people of all races together and realized that Islam can overcome racial difficulties.

Many individuals on these events would, no doubt, end up becoming Muslims.

I can somewhat understand your reasoning, but it's too extreme: if one or two bananas are bad, you would not tear away all the bananas from all of the trees that you own, and then cut them down and stop the trees from growing.

If you are concerned about the safety of the ummah and of the Kaaba, which I can understand, then allow non-Muslims to go with a tour guide and some security, and only after they have been screened to see if they are hostile to Islam through, I dunno, psych evaluations and background checking, in a similar way that many people who immigrate to a new country are interviewed.

I'm not placing all in the one jar and I do not blame all non-Muslims for what happened. It is only a safety measure, just as not allowing Muslims to build a Mosque in Ground Zero is a safety precaution by the United States even though what happened on 9/11 has nothing to do with Islam and Muslims.

Malcolm already became a Muslim when he went there, and what he saw just added to his conviction about what he had heard stories of (that a white man is not superior to a black man, but instead it's equal).

I do not know if many or any (non-Muslim) individual would end up Muslim after going there God knows that better.

Odion, what you are suggesting is that we allow people who think that Islam is false and just made up to go and visit Islamic sites, and my question is, "Why would someone who thinks Islam is made up want to go visit it's heart?"

I don't want to visit the Vatican, it's got nothing to do with me.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Odion, what you are suggesting is that we allow people who think that Islam is false and just made up to go and visit Islamic sites, and my question is, "Why would someone who thinks Islam is made up want to go visit it's heart?"

One doesn't have to believe something to be literally true to wish to visit it, and I, as a non-Christian, would still like to visit the Vatican. :)

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I'm not placing all in the one jar and I do not blame all non-Muslims for what happened. It is only a safety measure, just as not allowing Muslims to build a Mosque in Ground Zero is a safety precaution by the United States even though what happened on 9/11 has nothing to do with Islam and Muslims.

Malcolm already became a Muslim when he went there, and what he saw just added to his conviction about what he had heard stories of (that a white man is not superior to a black man, but instead it's equal).

I do not know if many or any (non-Muslim) individual would end up Muslim after going there God knows that better.

i do agree with you,brother.

also the most important point that we muslims have a strong faith on god,and
we are obedients to what he asked us to do.

allah asked us to avoid wine and drugs,we will do,even if we will know that drinking wine may increase our span of life to 100 years more.

allah asked us not to eat pork,we won't eat pork,even if it will be the most delicious meat on this world.

But still as god is a merciful,he gave us the permission to drink wine or eating pork in emergencies or if there was no other choices to survive.

allah asked us not to commit adultery,so we won't do,even if we will face any kind of temptations to do adultery.

Muslims owned their holy places and allah ordered them to forbid disbelievers from entering their holy place ,and even not to marry muslims to disbelievers,we will do because we are obedients to him,the almighty allah.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
One doesn't have to believe something to be literally true to wish to visit it, and I, as a non-Christian, would still like to visit the Vatican. :)

Yes you might for sightseeing, not for religious purposes.

Now how would it work in Makkah and more specifically in the Sacred Mosque while the Muslims are praying. Lets say 5,000 non-Muslims are allowed entry, the place is jam packed, people praying on the walkways and every place available, What are the non-Muslims who get caught in the crowd and can't make it out supposed to do inside? Just stand there?

The Mosque is jam packed inside just as much as it is outside.

Flankerl

What weird way of thinking. During prayer times most important churches arent open for tourists but only for people who want to attend the service.

I know its crazy!

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
What weird way of thinking. During prayer times most important churches arent open for tourists but only for people who want to attend the service.

I know its crazy!

Well exactly my point. Every Muslim who goes to Makkah performs the Islamic rituals, there are people there full time, 5 leave 10 come. It works like that throughout the year except for the time when they close if to take a break on do major repairs.

So Makkah, as you put it so nicely, is never at a halt from religious pilgrims/worshipers therefore it is always closed to tourists, same goes for Madinah. In both cities the biggest attractions are the 2 Sacred Mosques.

F0uad

I wouldn't really compare a Church with Mecca, In Mecca people daily pray from the morning to night. People who live there or in the neighbourhood even in the outer-cities go there so like Eselam suggested its always packed. In our view worshipping is more important then non-muslims visiting our mosque's to make photographs.