• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noah's flood story, did it happen?

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
17 The flood continued forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased , and bore up the ark, and it rose high above the earth .... 19 And the waters prevailed so mightily upon the earth that all the high mountains under the whole heaven were covered; 20 the waters prevailed above the mountains, covering them fifteen cubits deep.
Not quite. Consider Genesis 7:19:
And the waters
<04325>
prevailed
<01396> (8804)
exceedingly
<03966> <03966>
upon the earth
<0776>_;
and all the high
<01364>
hills
<02022>_,
that [were] under
<08478>
the whole heaven
<08064>_,
were covered
<03680> (8792)_
The words "all" and "whole" are not in the Hebrew text.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is no "kol" in the Hebrew. I do not know where you get the transliteration. Let us stick to the Hebrew, please.
The word transliterated kōl occurs in Genesis 7:19 in reference to the high hills, and means 'all', 'whole'.

As further evidence, check out these multiple translations of the verse. They all include the word 'all' in reference to the mountains. Why would so many independent teams of translators do that, do you think?

I can only suggest that you take your text back to the vendor and ask for your money back.

Last edited:

River Sea

Oh - and a question - why are these critters "abominations"? Didn't Jehovah create them? Why did Jehovah create abominations?
Deuteronomy 14:1-29
“You are the sons of the Lord your God. You shall not cut yourselves or make any baldness on your foreheads for the dead. For you are a people holy to the Lord your God, and the Lord has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth. “You shall not eat any abomination. These are the animals you may eat: the ox, the sheep, the goat, the deer, the gazelle, the roebuck, the wild goat, the ibex, the antelope, and the mountain sheep. ...

@tas8831 @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

I question that too @tas8831 about why are these critters "abominations"?

Oh, and I'll included Brahman along with Jehovah., when asking these things; because same God, do you agree? Plus due to flooding in Jalore., we can include Brahman then, what do you think?

So why are these critters "abominations"? Didn't 'Jehovah Brahman' create them? Why did 'Jehovah Brahman' create abominations?

• I wonder if the Meena community, who believe they are descended from Manu, ever questions what animals they can and can't eat?
  • What does that mean, "You shall not cut yourselves or make any baldness on your foreheads for the dead"
  • What made these animals ok to eat? Ox, sheep, goat, deer, gazelle, roebuck, wild goat, ibex, antelope, and the mountain sheep.
  • How did these animals manage the flood at Jalore?

Oh what would that sound like to add Brahman to verse...
Deuteronomy 14:1-29

"You are the sons of the Lord your God Brahman. You shall not cut yourselves or make any baldness on your foreheads for the dead. For you are a people holy to the Lord your God Brahman, and the Lord Brahman has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth. "You shall not eat any abomination. These are the animals you may eat: the ox, the sheep, the goat, the deer, the gazelle, the roebuck, the wild goat, the ibex, the antelope, and the mountain sheep. ...

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If humans owned correct brain use.

A natural human whose thoughts said I knew what plants to eat. What was food. What was medicine in nature...trees...minerals.

A thinker.

Then by brain changed by gas burning due to star mass input extra fuel above. I began lying. I began thinking about biologies destruction.

I'm a human theist. I then practiced as the scientist by my conjured AI machine. I built myself first.

As you sure did.

As first advice was a great big burning converting blasting cold sun mass rock. Knowing it's real by Russia's gained cause ....it blasts. It blasts above.

A human lives as one self in one place. Inside an already alight cooled voided water gas mass. A heavens.

Your a human you live as human consciousness. You tell stories only via your own experience a man a thinker a human.

The blast the extra light the understanding in one place only...as the human...as the thinker...as a bio consciousness.

The only place of your human scientists exact experience and memory of. Yours. The human man.

You man self have never been a correct human thinker since. Pretty basic your the destroyer in person. As advised.

You ask yourself the human a man the thinker was my life saved then by flooding?

Does it flood today when gases above burn unnaturally?

Yes.

Okay so you got informed as a human the theist a scientist that my life biology was saved when it floods by stones ark Ai effect above!!!!

Yes as machine position I built the machine first myself.

Rock stone mass star was my gained advice.

Why in life I am a human liar. A human destroyer. I con by using human only said words first...only spoken by a human. Then I invented the use numbered calculus and attacked destroyed most of life of anything myself.

As I am the destroyer a scientist.

Pretty basic man's advice.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Human advice a baby human as all of us did not become the returned dead adult human parent.

Humans are not a mother or father title unless they have human sex.

We are in fact just brothers and sisters babies ourselves. In natural laws.

When using human words in correct human teaching human conditions.