• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NOAA: Mermaids Are Not Real

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I heard on NPR today that a sci-fi-documentary left many thinking mermaids were real.
Apparently, it was so convincing that the gov agency issued a press release denying their existence.
Note: Juan Williams said he does believe in angels though. (He must've watched a different documentary.)

NOAA Says Mermaids Don

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Its sad you had to post this. Hey did you see that documentary on dragons?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Yes....fascinating it was!

You're not going to tell me that they're not real too.....are you?

According to the chineas I am a dragon. And combined with my western star sign im two dragons.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I imagine that mermaids, if they exist, would look more like this.....
Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Was the mermaid documentary like the dragon one? If it was I'm gonna have to find it to watch online, as the one about dragons was really cool

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Was the mermaid documentary like the dragon one? If it was I'm gonna have to find it to watch online, as the one about dragons was really cool
I never got to see the dragon one, but I think it may be. I watched it online last night for a bit (before my SIL wanted me to put something else on instead, so I flicked through at various points). It was in a documentary format, with interviews and all that shazzle.

I watched it on Youtube:

[youtube]UfPWHPyU1u4[/youtube]
Animal Planet - Body Found Mermaids - YouTube
This shouldn't be against copyright, should it? I don't think so; it's on Youtube. I deny any involvement. :p

The gist from what I saw (since you're supposed to give commentary with a video) is this something like this: "There's the bloop, some whales bleeding from the ears, they find a mermaid, interviews from people who worked at NOAA, and then making its skull and stuff. At the end it pretty much says "LOL JOKE. Except for the bloop. That's real."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The gist from what I saw (since you're supposed to give commentary with a video) is this something like this: "There's the bloop, some whales bleeding from the ears, they find a mermaid, interviews from people who worked at NOAA, and then making its skull and stuff. At the end it pretty much says "LOL JOKE. Except for the bloop. That's real."
I saw online at a few places it mentions the Bloop. I'd prefer to think the Bloop is Cthulhu.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
From the article:
Animal Planet’s May documentary “Mermaids: The Body Found” debated the existence of sea creatures half fish half human.

It seems that these channels are doing everything they can get decent ratings.

I remember in college, I would watch the History channel sometimes and there would be over-hyped documentaries on Nostradamus or Mayans rather than straightforward history.