• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"no religion, it usually means no atheism as well"

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
My dictionary states "default ...a failure to fulfill an obligation or to appear", so yes, I would agree that if the gods don't show up, no belief in gods would be required. And there must have been thousands of years of evolution before the awareness of, or creation of, in my opinion, of deities in the minds of humans took place.
Mine says, "default... A preselected option adopted by a... mechanism when no alternative is specified..."

What you're suggesting is that the option to disbelieve in gods was preselected by... some... means. I reject that.

I don't believe in Fate.

Milton Platt

Mine says, "default... A preselected option adopted by a... mechanism when no alternative is specified..."

What you're suggesting is that the option to disbelieve in gods was preselected by... some... means. I reject that.

I don't believe in Fate.

The default should be to not believe in a claim that has not been substantiated. How is that a problem? Why should one take every claim to be truthful until proven otherwise?

Milton Platt

We are not discussing the word "default" but the term "default position" , please give ones own understanding of the term instead of from a lexicon.
Right, please?

Regards

He did not use a lexicon, he used a dictionary. One cannot understand the term "default position without understanding the definition of "default"

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
We see here so often an assertion from Atheism people that it is not a religion. Isn't one wrong here, please?

Regards

Post #27

If atheism is a religion, then abstinence is a sexual position.

Ciao

- viole